JaapSuter

Is this a good helmet for BASE?

I'm surprised no one has seen the inherent value in the mickey helmet to keep a newbie from going head down... lots of drag on those ears.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I'm surprised no one has seen the inherent value in the mickey helmet to keep a newbie from going head down... lots of drag on those ears.

Hey you've got a point there. As long as riser strike is not an issue, I see great value in remaining head high with those ears. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Dude if you show up at the ... with that helmet, I'm likely going to die laughing as I prematurely fall off of the object. Oh and on to some good news. My camcorder is back home and functional after not working for the last 6+ months. I'm not so sure I want to be strapping it to my head on a BASE jump (my skydiving helmet is side mounted and is susceptable to riser strike), but I can always bring a fanny pack and store it in there during my jumps.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Hey you've got a point there. As long as riser strike is not an issue, I see great value in remaining head high with those ears. :ph34r:

well, you make them so they retract forward... so when you jump, they blow back. then, when you deploy and your risers, well, rise, they push the ears forward again. perfect.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

You guys think it's funny but one time, on a base jump, I used the wrong helmet.

Helmets now come in the shape of Corona bottles.....:D:P

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Oh,
did I say Igot that gash on a BASE jump? No, that's just what I told the doctor when he was stitching me up. I thought that sounded cooler than "I was drunk and trying to impress a girl by breaking a corona bottle over my head."

I hope you guys aren't mad I lied. But seriously, what kind of helmet could produce that ind of cut? That's even more unlikely than the bungee cords on your shoes getting caught up in risers, or the hood of your sweatshirt snagging somthing.

Was she not impressed? Silly girl.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

:D:ph34r:
girls arent what theyre sopoused to be;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

"...breaking a corona bottle over my head."

Thread the Needle II has a whole "break the bottle over people's heads" section. There's a really funny segment where they can't get the bottle to break and just keep whacking the guy over and over.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

No, that's just what I told the doctor when he was stitching me up.

That's funny. If I got that from a BASE jump I would have told the doctor I got it from getting a bottle broken over my head. :P

Perfect. I might have to trade in my current helmet for one.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.