base428

$500 Cash If You Can Provide the NPS Jumper Suspect List

You might be able to ask the so called climbing ranger, sell out, ass hole Link in Yosemite...

Ahhhhh yes - LINK - his reputation precedes him. I have heard climbers and jumpers talk of him.
Is this the young man and Federal Employee that is loved by Climber and BASE jumper alike ???
Is he the one that I have heard about that will go out and remove Hardware & Climbers Ropes that he has determined have hung on the wall to long ? Even though they my be useful in future climbs or possible use for emergency aid or rescue ???
I heard that there is nothing that Tickles his Ass more. Than to sit on a climb and Waaaaak his Pud while waiting to see a BASE jumper exiting from a wall. Then radio down for reinforcement to move in make there big Crime Fighting bust.
Is it true that he even climbs with his holstered Hand Gun ?

"0 tolerance"?

I am confused, I thought it was only a matter of arial delivery. so as long as i dont USE my parachute/paraglider/aircraft to leave the ground, or return to it, then its ok.

I have heard stories of guys kiting paragliders getting busted,

So i cant even pack in the valley?

Hey, JJEXP. You would not know why this guy chooses to do what he does would you ?
I mean choosing to be over zealous in his duties as Dirt-Police of a Public Park. In prosecuting a BASE jumper who pays admission to be in it ?
I have had a couple friends over the years that were police officers that also BASE jumped. I am pretty sure they would probably turn a blind-eye to a BASE jump they saw as long as there was no militias or Vandalism involved in making the jump even though there my have been a no trespassing sign stepped over by a jumper on the way to exit.
They I am guessing recognizes prosecution of BASE jumping as a non-victim crime for Stealing Air. Unlike Ranger Link, who will run you down and hold you for prosecution for stepping of a cliff and landing a parachute on public property that the jumper has the right to be on .
Hey are you sure that (clicky) you posted to Ranger Link is him ???
That guy looks like his Mom got Hooked-Up with a Howler Monkey or something.
Even though it looks like the guy in the Pic. looks like he has two opposing thumbs. That can not be him because obviously Any Decent, Real human being would not Do what he is doing to BASE jumpers.
Also I would think the guy would get tired of Sucking the Public-Tit for a living As Dirt-Police and go for a Job that he seems to be more suited for.
Like how about - IRS Agent - Porta-Potty toilet superintendent or how about moving up in life to a Security guard for A Sperm Bank ?
Might be a Possibility of him getting fired from Security Guard. If the Sperm Bank finds out that he Drinks on the Job though

Actually, I was hoping you guys would notice his last post about being in mexico.... I didnt wanna just jump out and say the asshole is in mexico, lets jump the wall all we can while he's not there to catch us

Actually, I was hoping you guys would notice his last post about being in mexico.... I didnt wanna just jump out and say the asshole is in mexico, lets jump the wall all we can while he's not there to catch us

Most likely the bastard is in Mexico because he can't Warm his COLD Heart.
Busting BASE Jumpers, Oppressing Climbers or Ticketing anybody else in the public park in December.
HOPEFULLY there are some fine Mexican BASE Jumpers I know down there. That will read this and realize that He is now on there Local-Turf.
Then Track his Ass down Just Like He Would To Them For BASE Jumping in his Self-Appointed Domain..
Then Show him there Gracious Hospitality that he So Much Deserves.

Actually, I was hoping you guys would notice his last post about being in mexico....

NPS hires a lot of seasonal rangers in that park. Typically, there are about 1/3rd the number of rangers in winter as in summer.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Nice one Cornishe.

Read your response to Link. Beautiful. Fucking beautiful. I lauged my ass off when I read that.

Link is an asshole. Everything that comes out of that guy's mouth is like whip cream on shit. Especially when it comes to leaving ropes, haulbags, etc. "Sure it's okay if you come to Yosemite to do a wall, but if you fix pitches and leave gear for too long we'll take your stuff!!" And his treatment of BASE jumpers is silly. I mean c'mon. . . .you'd think the guy could turn a blind eye on someone jumping in the early morning hours when no one's around.

This is why on every NP jump I carry a taser and A large, long range bottle of a particularly Horrible strain of Mace that will probably deter any of the USAs best NP crimefighting squads. They cant use their gun when they have 100,000 volts in them, and they cant shoot if they cant see.

As much as I would love to see a NPS ranger Maced and Taser'd, I had 2 add this 4 others-

If a law enforcement officer is confronted with Pepper Spray / Mace / Tear Gas, they do have probable cause to shoot you. Most officers in training are required to experience the effects of Pepper Spray, so they know what to expect if hit.
Same goes 4 the Taser~

Best Of Luck Jason, go get'em!

Don't forget parachutes nylon might kill them.:D

If a law enforcement officer is confronted with Pepper Spray / Mace / Tear Gas, they do have probable cause to shoot you.

So who here has actually met link? or talked to him about jumpers?

while spraying about rangers always makes for entertaining internet posts, the main issue here is the law, not the enforcement.

Alliance for Backcountry Parachutists just came out with a new newsletter on what is being done to get the national parks to open up access: http://www.backcountryparachutists.org/

the main issue here is the law, not the enforcement.

really?
it seems that overly zealous enforcement has angered many as well.

most officers admit to having discretionary authority. law enforcement prioritizes their efforts as they rarely have enough manpower to rigorously enforce EVERTHING.

some choose to issue warnings, while others will choose to issue citations. it helps to be polite, courteous, and respectful.

I'm betting some rangers find our continued acts as snubbing our noses at authority. and the lack of respect is something that will motivate authority figures.

still, if we could discover a more serious threat to the parks than BASE jumping, we could stop midnight meadow surveillance
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who here has actually met link? or talked to him about jumpers?

I have.

-- Tom Aiello

-----------------------------------------------------------
Me too, and the guy is very two faced. He tries to act like he's one of the climbers and equally that he is in full support access issues (ever been in camp 4 for one of his free coffee and danish lectures?), but make no mistake HE WILL cite you in an instant for something minor. I must admit, I have never spoken to him about BASE; I would like to hear his personal views sometime.

I must admit, I have never spoken to him about BASE; I would like to hear his personal views sometime

I'd like to shoot him in both kneecaps and leave him in bear country sometime.

Chad,

I think we understand why you feel that way, and most of the folks here tend to feel that you are justified.

Still, threats or discussions of physical violence aren't appropriate on this forum.

Thanks!
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Chad,

I think we understand why you feel that way, and most of the folks here tend to feel that you are justified.

Still, threats or discussions of physical violence aren't appropriate on this forum.

Thanks!

How about dip him in honey and leave him in bear country?
;)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Why not offer Link free tuition to a BASE course at the Perrine? Let's forget the prerequisite number of skydives for a second and just either let him audit the course w/o jumping or PCA him into the river. Either way he might come away with a greater appreciation for our sport... or might just be more educated in how to bust jumpers. Is this worth a try?

I'll try BASE in 2007 i guess(need more jumps). But I never realised that some rangers could behave like that! Especially when it comes to arrest rescuers! well. i don't have enough insight to come with comments, just wanted to tell you what popped up in my mind:

Phone prank! Use a phonebooth to ring them and say" Hi! I'm john Doe. there is some guys wearing really small backpacks with legstraps, going toward (some well known exit point)". Make sure that it's on the other side of the NP, so you can jump safely where there's no rangers:)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no