dmcoco84

This made my day!

So I found out today I made the December issue of SKYDIVE magazine! They have a picture of my second jump at Bridge Day, doing a gainer. Not sure what page but I’m in red and black and the caption says “A jumper back flips off the bridge. Photo by Devon Steigerwald.” I don’t get this magazine but I think because of this I just might have to get a subscription. :P

Thanks wzettler for bringing that to my attention!

***Tom, am I allowed to post the picture or is that a no no because it’s from SKYDIVE?***

Coco

...Tom, am I allowed to post the picture or is that a no no because it’s from SKYDIVE?

Sure, you can post it.

Are there any shots from the Royal Gorge in there?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Here is the Picture.

Well I don't have the magazine. A friend from another dropzone sent me a PM because he saw me in it. But I will have the issue soon.

Coco

Yeah Tom, You're in there doing the roll-over from the Tram car. Its a series of 3 pics...

-Will

Edited to say: At least it looks like your Gargoyle container in the pictures...

I think when Jesus said "love your enemy" he probably meant don't kill them.

cool pic...

and completely off topic, cool avatar wzettler!

Not sure if the rules are the same in base jumping, but when your pictures printed...doesnt that mean you owe beer?

Not sure if the rules are the same in base jumping, but when your pictures printed...doesnt that mean you owe beer?

Sorry, that is a skydiving thing. This is BASE...

Bryan
(not picking on you ragglesnarf -- just educating)

Sorry, that is a skydiving thing. This is BASE...

Bryan
(not picking on you ragglesnarf -- just educating)

:D:P

In BASE we don't buy beer for good reasons, we buy beer for no reason at all :D!

Katiieee B| how are ya,ill buy you a beer next time we meet:)
If a BASE jumper insist to buy me a beer im sure ill drink it:P

cool pic up there(the head poster)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Could someone post pics from the Royal Gorge Go Fast Games from the Skydiving magazine please.

Thank you

Gabriel

Anybody have these pics? I am curious which pics made it into the magazine. Also since Katie and I don't subscribe to Skydiving, we're hoping somebody might have a copy of the December issue that we might be able to talk you out of.

(We were the other two jumpers on the gondola jump:)

You can order that sole issue for 5 bucks. Thats what I'm gonna do if I ever get around to it.

www.skydivingmagazine.com

Let me just throw this out there . . .

It's cool to post the photos here, but Mike Truffer at SKYDIVING gave us BASE jumpers a voice when we had none. Twenty years before USPA would even print the word "BASE" Mike was giving us coverage. He published the articles USPA wouldn't touch concerning events, accidents, and safety and he's been the bridge between the times we had no BASE magazines of our own.

A one year twelve issue subscription is only 15 dollars and they're having a thing right now where you can subscribe and they’ll bill you later.

There are a few other good reasons to subscribe too. On the skydiving side you'll get all the latest news usually two weeks before PARACHUTIST comes out. And unlike PARACHUTIST, which is mostly good news happy talk, you get more of straight slant on things. Mike Truffer is also known for his hard hitting editorials that make Chris Needles at USPA sound like, well, Chris Needles at USPA. . .

Finally on the gear side, unlike PARACHUTIST, SKYDIVING will call a piece of crap a piece of crap whether the company that makes it advertises with them or not. USPA was still running adverts for the Nova canopy long after everyone in the field knew there was something wrong with them.

Anyway, no pressure, but I think SKYDIVING deserves support from the BASE community . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Interesting point. Just wish I could subscribe to BASE JUMPING instead.

Fixed Object Journal?

Right I agree! And I'm gonna subscribe, especially since they put a picture of me in one!!! :)
Coco

Here is a sweet shot from a year earlier that showed up in Skydiving magazine, January 05 issue, as a near full page picture. Mark Lichtle took this picture at the 2004 Royal Gorge Go Fast Games.

The jumpers are SM, Johnny Utah, and Sam Baker. Johnny called the jump "Gondola 3-way duel-gainer rollover sandwich". Before exit: SM and Sam are in the door and Johnny is standing in the middle behind them with his canopy hanging down and his right foot on the edge of the door. SM and Sam exit into a gainer and Johnny pushes off through the middle doing a rollover.

Erich Wagar, Robbie Kreatz, Sam, and Johnny drove to the games together and Erich put together a nice short video of their jumps there. There are several clips of the "Gondola 3-way duel-gainer rollover sandwich" on there. The video can be found on Johnny's website as "Royal Gorge 2004".
http://www.johnnyutah.com/videolibrary.html

“I can't say I was ever lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.” --Daniel Boone

Actually - Sammy, Johnny and Erich drove TO the games and picked me up in Denver... I couldn't get outta work until the night before. This was the first time that I'd seen Johnny since about 1999. Crazy kid hops outta the car @ DIA and gives me a hug like a christmas kid who opens a present and finds a puppy. Sammy & Johnny aren't big drinkers, but Wagar and I like our sauce. Within 15 minutes of picking me up, Wagar and i were filling a shopping cart at the liquer store planning a liver invasion - shock & awe comes to mind. Driving home with them was the best road trip I'd ever been on. In the middle of nowhere, Wagar and Utah wanted to hop off a little out of the way "A". Watching their bright canopys open over a grey Nebraska field was the most beautiful sight. I was super sick and didn't make the jump with them, but wish I would have, in the picture, you can see my dopey little head inside the tram trying to watch Utah's McConkey, cuz I'd never done one and was about to do one with Wagar... It was my last jump with him.

It never goes away.

Later,
-SMD7

Hey robbie,
The video Wagar edited is sick. So where all of his vids, Name calling, Moab 04, etc. Have you talked to SIA lately, Next time you talk to him tell him Delta Quebec says hi and that he better be at Couch Freaks next year.
DQ
P.S. Wagar and Sauce unheard of.;)

I have five extra copies of the December issue. I'm holding one, pending the answer to a PM, and I'll send one to Coco, if he hasn't gotten a copy yet.

That means three left to give away, if anyone would like one.

rl

Edited to add: Chad and Katie, yours is already in the mail.

Edited to add: I know the math doesn't look right, but I didn't include my own copy in the numbers.
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

DQ

I've got vid of Wagar's 4th (3rd?) Jump... it's old school funny. He makes a goofy face and runs up behind me and picks me up (and I bit my tounge). I'm guessin' sick monkey's got the vids.

I've got a copy of SIA's vids (and yeah, I just saw him - Traded my bird suit for his paraglider) and a copy of Name Calling.
Name is on VHS but we can dub it down to DV and then to disc, SIA's vid is on dvd..

later
smd7

Awesome, Thanks Rhonda, Yea I haven't had a change to order one yet. I'll send you a PM.

Coco

i would like a copy... i let my subscription lapse, and long enough for them to stop sending (which was quite a while), resuscribed, and missed december...

a freind told me there was a writeup 'bout bridge day, and that my name was in it.... would love have a copy and see what its all about... ill send money or whatever.... give a shout..904.449.8081