kirrz

What does it feel like...?

I've lived on the 32nd floor for most of my life and spent countless nights of my childhood looking out from the balcony wondering what it would feel like to jump and fall..

I've just started skydiving and I am definetely interested in exploring BASE although I probably won't get there for a while yet..

I was wondering if you BASE jumpers could tell me.. what does it feel like to jump off a building and the fall?

Also, it would be cool if you guys could share some first jump off a building stories!!

Thanks!!

Does your "home" have a window that you can get out of??

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

...what does it feel like to jump off a building and the fall?

Pretty much like jumping off a building.

In other words, you kind of have to experience it for yourself.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Also, it would be cool if you guys could share some first jump off a building stories!!

I'd be happy to come over and discuss it over tea--say around midnughtish or so?
Just PM me your address and we'll figure it out.

I'll even bring some gear (packed) so you can check it out!
pope

at a recent funeral for a friend of mine, someone asked me pretty much the same question....

i got pissed off for a second, then stated :
"pretty much the polar opposite of this...."

I haven't jumped any buildings yet, but I'm sure it feels just like warm apple pieB|
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

When we were kids in New York City we spent a lot of time on the roofs looking over. And we always wondered what going over would be like. I think I'm the only kid from the old neighborhood that found out . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

When we were kids...

That's pretty funny when you think about it. My son is 4 and I have him jumping off stuff all the time. He'll get up, do his count down (3, 2, 1, Cya), and jump into my arms. He was standing on the bridge yelling "Good one, Daddy!" to me the whole time I was under canopy when I did my FJC.

So I was thinking the other day, it would be very easy for him to visualize BASE jumping and the opening of the canopy as safe as jumping into my arms.

Our kids have a completely different sense of possibility than even we did at their age. He never stops surprising me!

That is so cool Nick!

I too remember my first thought like that. I was like 6-8 (somewhere in there) and I took a trip to the statue of liberty with my grandparents and sister. I remember climbing all those stairs and then looking out of those little windows through the crown. I remember looking down and wondering what it would be like to jump off and fall next to this big structure. I remember trying to imagine what the sensation of falling would be like and seeing things get bigger as I fell. I wanted to do it so bad but I knew I would die so I decided against it. :P

It’s nice to look back at that and think, “Well, I know how it feels now!”

"at a recent funeral for a friend of mine, someone asked me pretty much the same question....

i got pissed off for a second, then stated :
"pretty much the polar opposite of this....""

Cheers... thats perfect.

ha ha nice work.. kids are great huhB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

it feels like walking on the moon. you also get the same feeling from eating california condors or panda. :P
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174