TomAiello

Asylum Designs Hurricane Katrina Benefit Raffle

Martin Tilley at Asylum Designs will be raffling off a BASE rig to benefit victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Tickets for the raffle are $60, with proceeds to be donated to hurricane relief. Contact Martin at Asylum (530 823-5222) to buy a raffle ticket, make a donation, or for more details.

I'll post more details in a few days, but I just wanted to get this out there and let people know.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Container and canopy?

Does it matter.....?
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

Hooray for Marty & Asylum Designs!

Watching the destruction and then the chaos brought by Katrina has been apalling. When the tsunami hit Thailand the world pulled together to send aid immediately. I've been hoping to see something similar happen for Louisana and Alabama. It's sad to say that this is one of the only efforts I've heard of so far.

Blessings on the people affected by the storm, on those that help even when they get shot at in the streets, and on Marty and others like him that are willing to give of themselves to try to make a difference.

Peace,
Karen

Does it matter.....?

Yes. I'm curious what he's raffling off.

Will it affect whether I donate or not? No way.

Will it affect whether I donate or not? No way.

Fair enough.
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

dude my # to you dont work need to speak to you about the above thing:) give me a call or pm me your # as after my US trip it didnt worked anymore(think i need your region code or somthing...)
also i would like the # to Marty... B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Marty left here this afternoon. He ought to be back in the shop, and able to answer questions about this sometime tomorrow.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

When the tsunami hit Thailand the world pulled together to send aid immediately. I've been hoping to see something similar happen for Louisana and Alabama. It's sad to say that this is one of the only efforts I've heard of so far. 

Hi, don't take this as some political remark but as a personal friendly observation.
when the Tsunami's hit, they hit countrys and area's that have enough trouble feeding there own people, so everyone chipped, australia chipped in $1 billion and I remember Bush chipped in $10 million, I think after a few weeks Bush gave in to international pressure and chipped in more.
anyway, the tsunami country's really could have done with the aid so people sent it.
the US has a military budget of a few hundred Billion $'s and is like the richest nation on earth, I don't think they'd need 3rd world nations to chip in.

I think the USA can afford to raise enough relief cash internally and I think Asylum Designs is setting a good example for everyone else.
:)

Thanks everyone,

Just working out the details of the Fund Raiser. Will post ASAP with the details of how to get involved and also the goodies that I am making available.

Please tell all you know to consider assisting and also participating. There will be opportunity for jumpers(rig) and non-jumpers(clothing) to get in on the action.

_M

www.asylumbase.com

Thanks very much Tom for getting the post up so quickly. We had a great weekend at the Perrine, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. As always, it was a really good time and great to be with “family”. Thank you to all that attended and the safe jumps.

I am writing this posting to further elaborate on my announcement at the BBQ Saturday night in Twin Falls to donate a rig or set of fleece jackets for a $60 “raffle” to raise money for hurricane relief.

As I first saw the images of the destruction of the Gulf Coast, I was stunned. We all heard the initial reports of what was to be expected, but as the storm passed and the trail of destruction has been infinitely worse than anyone could have imagined. What was already a complete disaster, continues to spiral downward since the breach of the levy that flooded New Orleans; the displacement of all the residents of the area, and now the continued state of Diaspora and suffering compelled me to initiate this rally for support.

It has a been a privilege and honor to be involved with BASE for many years and now further to be an equipment manufacture, neither of which I would have accomplished with out the support of many many people.

I thought to myself “What can I do?” and came up with this plan, to build a special fund-raiser! For the worldwide base community to come together and make a contribution offering some financial relief to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Let’s stand together and show our unity, respect for humanity, and ability to care and show support.

DETAILS:

Minimum donation of $60USD per person and all proceeds given to the American Red Cross.

For a qualified jumper * (someone that I personally know, or has personal qualified reference), we will provide a harness container system, (Perigee Pro or Perigee II), valued at approximately $600. At this point I am not committing to specific details, so options beyond a basic rig and bridle, will be discussed at order time (in other words, depending on the final list of options, there may additional costs should the winner choose). Most of you have seen examples of what Asylum produces, and I know you will be very satisfied.

If our winner is a non-jumper, or anyone who would prefer not to have the harness/container system, we will donate a set of Asylum Designs Fleece Jackets and shirts (potential value of approximately $200). We have a variety of styles and colors, and again those details can be worked out as soon as we pick a recipient.

The Fund Raiser cut-off is September 11, 2005 at 6pm, and the drawing will be held at 6pm-(PST) Monday, September 12, 2005. The winner will be notified personally as well as being posted on dz.com. All participants will also be recognized.

How to participate…Contact Asylum Designs @ +530.823.5222 or email at [email protected] and pledge your support.

Please mail your cash or check to: Asylum Designs, PO Box 4204, Auburn, CA 95604-4204 USA.
Visa/MasterCard can also be accepted.

Please provide all your contact information with your pledge and/or contribution (name, address, phone #, email) for winner notification as well as us to provide you with receipt for your donation.

THANK YOU in advance for your participation, generosity and willingness to reach out as well as your continued support to me personally.

_Martin Tilley
Asylum Designs

www.asylumbase.com

I'm in, and bought two tickets . . .

Thanks, Martin . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I bought a ticket and three quarters LOL. I must be one of the dumb ones who did not realize I could buy two tickets...:P

Forget it Nick that rig is mine... even with just my ticket and three/quarter !!!:ph34r: Your two tickets won't help you.:P

Seriously guys... who ever can spare some dough please participate in the raffle. It's for a good cause!!!

But forget about the rig... it's mine LOL:)

I bought 1 and encourage others to do so,
If you ...really, can't afford it give something...anything $1 $10 it's not about the raffle,and anything helps!!!
Seriously.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Make the check out to Asylum Designs---I will then cut a single check once all the submissions are collected.

Thanks everyone for the support so far, and as any amount is the right amount.

Thanks Nick, Jamie, Chris, Travis, Shannon, Jaap,Collin,Julien,JC for the recent donations.

So, now tell all your friends to tell two friends, to tell two friends, and so on.......

THANK YOU!!!!!

I am getting pretty excited to hand over a rig!!!:)
_M

www.asylumbase.com

We will be monitoring out email all weekend long as well as checking out voice mail. If you are still thinking of getting involved, then Not to worry, we will be able to respond to all the requests.

thanks.

_M

www.asylumbase.com

Good Morning everyone!

A big thank you to everyone who has contributed so far!!!!!!!!!!! Total collected is over $4000.00USD.

Just under 9 hours to get on the band wagon! Make your pledge by 6pm-PST- TODAY; we do not need the money right now, so please just send your check by mail or I can process your CC on Monday. Please call(+530.823.5222) and leave a voice message, or email [email protected] with questions and/or to make your commitment.

So let's keep it going, pass the word, and give me a shout.

I hope all have a good Sunday and do not forget today, September 11, is also a day of rememberance, gratitude, and respect. There are just too many reasons to reflect on who we are and how we fit.

Thanks very much and safe jumps.

_M

www.asylumbase.com

hey, lifewithoutanassholetokiss. stop brown-nosing. That won't win you the raffle.

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE