leroydb

Video Ettiquette

BASE video ettiquette

1. You should have the person(S) in the videos permission.

Please add to this list
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

BASE video ettiquette

1. You should have the person(S) in the videos permission.

Please add to this list

What should you have their permission to do? Permission to shoot? Permission to view privately? Permission to edit and show to friends? Permission to sell at Wal-Mart? :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

;):)
what are you doing here out of the bird nest? lol :P
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I think two people own the video. The person who shot it. And the person who is in the video. Reciprocity, respect, and courtesy go a long way in a community of individuals...

Before you shoot the video YOU HAVE to ask the performer if he give's his OK to shoot it. When he says yes, the videograph has all the rights on the video, e.g. to sell it, duplicate it, alternate it etc..

If you haven't ask him but you shoot it - the video belongs to the performer to 100%. In Germany it's called the right of your own picture. If someone videotaped you without your knowledge you can bring this to court and you will probably win (in Germany). I don't know shit about the american law though.. It will eventually differ (as always)..
:)
Max

I think there is an unwritten rule between most jumpers thatyou shoot it you own it..if you are a videographer for a job then most if ot all jumpers will have no problem with signing a model release as its part of your livelihood....
http://www.extreme-on-demand.com

??????????????????????????

??????????????????????????

My guess is that he followed the link to your website thinking it was part of the thread instead of a sig.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

My guess is that he followed the link to your website thinking it was part of the thread instead of a sig.

rl

This thread is not about "Day Blazing Fools" at SDM? lol

thank gawd for that i thought i was on the receiving end of something there.

When that video was put together you were part of the crew. Since then however things have changed. I could have edited you out but it was too late! The video had already been passed around and people liked it.
You sure didnt dissaprove when I took 4th place at the video contest at Bridge Day. Well I can only guess why you dissaprove NOW!
Im glad to help you get your 15 minuts of fame.:P
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

That's what this is about?

You have got to be kidding me. :S

Enough already.

Edited to add: Okay, that's not what this is about.

Enough of the assumptions already.

my thinking would be that if you were on a jump with a videographer, then you are granting permission to be videoed(sp?), unless you asked not to be shot. if you were at bridge day, you should expect to be shot by someone, there are too many cameras there. if you were on a base jump somewhere and had someone tape you, you would both own the video. if someone you didn't know was taping you, it belongs to them. they have the right to tape something they are witnessing, i.e. taping a car chase, or a plane crash, etc. basically, this is just an opinion, i guess real tv would know the law better....

When that video was put together you were part of the crew. Since then however things have changed. I could have edited you out but it was too late! The video had already been passed around and people liked it.
You sure didnt dissaprove when I took 4th place at the video contest at Bridge Day. Well I can only guess why you dissaprove NOW!
Im glad to help you get your 15 minuts of fame.:P

Replying to him, just encourages him:ph34r:

May we live long and die out

Before you shoot the video YOU HAVE to ask the performer if he give's his OK to shoot it. When he says yes, the videograph has all the rights on the video, e.g. to sell it, duplicate it, alternate it etc..

If you haven't ask him but you shoot it - the video belongs to the performer to 100%. In Germany it's called the right of your own picture. If someone videotaped you without your knowledge you can bring this to court and you will probably win (in Germany). I don't know shit about the american law though.. It will eventually differ (as always)..
:)
Max

The law in The Netherlands: if you are shooting in a public place and the people you are shooting don't come up to you immediately and ask you to quit, then as long as the footage doesn't harm the persons on it (and this has proven to be difficult to win a case on), the cameraman can do whatever he or she wants with it.

This seems sort of the opposite as the German law?

This is when it is not "work for hire" and it is not filmed in say someones living room (or worse ;)), only in the last case or when it can damage the subject do the "portret rights" come up.

I've had problems with certain persons wanting me to remove pics (all taken at public places) from my site because they had problems with me. They claimed portret rights, months/years after the shoot. I'm not obliged to remove said pictures. I can't shoot any more pics of those persons if they don't want me to, though.

Of course among skydivers/friends/base jumpers/... the "code of conduct" may be different, depending on circumstances (illegal base jump, carnage footage, ...), but if you take it to court, the above is the law.

Of course, if you DON'T want a particular embarrasing picture to show up on the 'net, I can be bought ;) Or if you DO WANT a particular picture posted :D:D:D

ciel bleu,
Saskia

you need to get off that "supposed" weed that "he" is selling you... doh:P;)
Leroy

I totally agree with you on this!

If you are given video of someone elses videotape with another individual being videod, then you should NOT use it with out asking all parties involved.

my thinking would be that if you were on a jump with a videographer, then you are granting permission to be videoed(sp?), unless you asked not to be shot. if you were at bridge day, you should expect to be shot by someone, there are too many cameras there. if you were on a base jump somewhere and had someone tape you, you would both own the video. if someone you didn't know was taping you, it belongs to them. they have the right to tape something they are witnessing, i.e. taping a car chase, or a plane crash, etc. basically, this is just an opinion, i guess real tv would know the law better....

Leroy

I have an edited version waiting for permission to delete the old one.

I have an edited version waiting for permission to delete the old one.

Yes you can edit the video, to take him out of it.:)
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

Replying to him, just encourages him

only thing I encourage is for you to put some clothes on... The cold does you no justice!:PB|;)
Leroy

damn it you should have said that earlyer.. i have funny video from my first uk trip,containing a sleppy hardon from a rather welknown BASEjumper from the uk comunity... it would have been fun to let that go out.. i might go re edit:P:D

by the way im whith Sean here,but only as he always is kind enough to take me out for a pint or 5B|:ph34r:

Stay safe
Stefan Faber