grundleson

TF memorial day

besides jumping. i know everyone is going to be there. but...my curiousity brings me to wonder, who hosts the parties? oh and one other thing, does anyone know who organizes the "big wall helicopter boogie" in mexico? i am really interested in heading down there to check out that cliff.

anyhow.
-the e

edit for site name ~TA

Dont die!

If you're looking for something to do in Twin Falls on a rainy day, check this place out:

http://www.nazzkart.com/

They have a fast indoor go-kart track, a mechanical bull, pool tables, pingpong, and cheap beer. We had a blast there. Oh, and they will let you wear a helmet cam when you race :)

"that" cliff in Mexico is SPECTACULAR!!! And Jay E (adrenalineexploits) run a top notch trip. You will not be dissapointed, just make sure you bring your A Game B|
Later
Blair

i will have to check out the go karts. ...
i checked out the boogie website about the el gigante boogie. on the site it says you need 100+ BASE jumps.

bah. bummer, dont have 100 base jumps.
someday soon i will. and then i will have to get in gear and go down with the boys...
but in the meantime, does anyone want to take a trip for a few days down there to check it out ?
seriously. like june sometime. i'm in. all in.

Dont die!

Weather yesterday was beautiful. Clear and sunny, warm temperatures, very calm all day. First load went around 6am, we didn't leave the bridge until around 10pm. Keeping my fingers crossed for this to hold out.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

So how many jumps did you do Tom???

Also it would be great if you could post some pictures from your up coming class...

Thanks as always...ChrisB|

In the end...the universe has a way of working itself out.... "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle"

The weather is looking awesome for the week! Twin Falls weather Even the winds are looking pretty decent, hopefully it stays that way! :)
We will be arriving Wednesday night, I can't wait!! I look forward to meeting some more dz.commers.

I'll be there arriving Tuesday night in SLC.

I got a room at Motel 6. If anybody is interested in sharing it gimme a buzz.
Memento Audere Semper

Myself and three other people should be flying into TFs in a Twin Comanche sometime Sunday afternoon and we'll be there for a few days. We're going to miss some of the action of course, but we should be there for the 2nd half.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Im flying in to twin on thursday (5/26)at 3pm.
Can anyone hook a brutha up with a ride from the airport?:)~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Today we've got some pretty strong wind and a lot of turbulence in the canyon. We've pretty much been grounded since about 10am. Hopefully it'll calm down later this evening.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The Arkansas BASE Crew will arrive tommorrow evening. Hope to see some familiar faces!
321CYA
Sitflybaseboy
BASE 1043 Night BASE 160
BASE is to skydivers as skydiving is to whuffos

Today was another "grounded after 10am" day. I think there were 3 or 4 loads before that, but the day pretty much ended then. We tried to sneak in a sunset, but ended up drinking beer at the Outback because the wind wouldn't die.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

what is your call for the weekend?

i think Sat is gona ROCK
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

I'm guessing it will be typical idaho spring weather. Calm or light winds until 9-11am. So if you want to crank out jumps, show up at 5am, and get as many as you can, then rest and party all afternoon, and repeat...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

High Winds ?
i guess that no one has any Balls any more!
as I first met Dwain and Slim, First week of
June 2000, the winds were Howeling , 30plus ! Round Canopies !
Water
landings!
Gerald Harendza

Ummmm yeah. Don't encourage it. As Tom mentioned this week, the local EMS will probably end up being annoyed.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

When going through an airport, what do you call your rig?

Base rig
or
would you call it a "single parachute system?"

OF course this is IF a screener would ask you.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

...Dwain and Slim...the winds were Howeling , 30plus ! Round Canopies ! Water landings!

Big difference between brains and balls.

Water landings under round canopies are _far_ safer than squares on land when the winds are high.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

just call it a rig,if they ask what that is then say parachutesystem
They dont care if you or your canopy is singe they just want to know whats inside..;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

And yesterday was a good day. Aside from a few hours of wind in the late morning, we had good conditions all day.

We're averaging about half the days good, at this point. Keeping fingers crossed for the weekend...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Awesome time had by all! Really appreciate the hospitality of the mid/southern Ill crew, you all are welcome here anytime.

Got 2 jumps on Fri when the wind died down, 4 on sat, and 1 on Sun.
Total of 7 sweet jumps.

I got to meet a lot of new people and old people from the board and those not on dz.com or blinc.

Special shout out to our beloved Jaap (pronounced Yaap, btw)

East coast representing!

Also thanks to Morpeus for the great 42" av pilot shute with awesome cap That I won at the drawing!

pics to be uploaded soon, currently in SLC

PS... would like to hear from anyone reference JT. Could someone call don, or anyone that might know?
Leroy