grundleson

TF memorial day

PS... would like to hear from anyone reference JT. Could someone call don, or anyone that might know?

huh?

PS... would like to hear from anyone reference JT. Could someone call don, or anyone that might know?

huh?

Don said that he had two cracked vertebrae in the lumbar spine. It sounds like it's going to be one of those "two days in the hospital and a month in a back brace" kind of things.

I'll post if I get more info.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Latest report is fractured tailbone and L5. That sounds kind of weird to me, but anyway, that's what I heard. He's supposed to be out of the hospital in the next few days.

He was apparently jumping a camera and going low on a 2 way. Sounds like he fixated on the footage and lost altitude awareness, resulting in a very low pull and hard impact into the water.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I think what can be learned from this; JT has a lot of jumps off of the bridge, it was a normal thing. Complacency kills, and it almost did again. No matter what, this sport is dangerous (potato bridge or not), you can make it as safe as possible, take every single precaution, and it still remains dangerous. Heal well JT, hope to see you jumping again soon. Really glad everything worked out.

Adam

I was really hoping that I had lost my record for lowest opening without injury.

Heal quick! We can't have the legal owner of the bridge be hurt. Who else is going to sell jump-tickets for labour day?

it looked to me like he was well aware he was done filming and was flat,stable and staring at the river for a good few seconds before he reached... Looked to me like he wanted to suck it down to the edge, not complacency.

In the words of some guy named Clem... "Riskin' it all for NOTHING!"

Anyhow, to each his own...

-
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

hey dude, you were a hoot! even more funnyy inperson

nice to meet such a cool guy
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

thanks bro! was good meeting you and everyone else i had the pleasure of meeting/offending.

A special thanks to the Atlanta crew's bottle of whiskey.

And a very special thanks to all the smokin hot women that showed up.

:)

-
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

to bad they didnt talk to you! lol joking;):)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Hey glad that shrivel flap worked for ya and glad you were able to get a jump in :)
Had a blast folks, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Looking forward to it again next year!

>>In the words of some guy named Clem... "Riskin' it all for NOTHING!" <<

Nope, that Nugget comes from Dennis McGlynn.

NickD :)BASE 194

Ya that Jerimiah from Nor.Cal. was 1 lucky S.O.B.3 HOT ladys(Triple A Effect)all with him,and Dingo.They know who they are, special shout out to 1 of them,and she knows who I am talking about.
http://freakboy066.tripod.com/

Ya that Jerimiah from Nor.Cal. was 1 lucky S.O.B.3 HOT ladys(Triple A Effect)all with him,and Dingo.They know who they are, special shout out to 1 of them,and she knows who I am talking about.

Well, never met Jerimiah yet but I know at least 2 of the A's you're speaking about and I definitely second that :)

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Hey A, heard you had some good jumpsB|let me know when you want to go do the big'un...

Missed you last night @ the greenie but it's going to have to be after the 28th of June cause I'm off to NY and Venezuela for 3 weeks. 4th of July, definitely. ;) C-ya soon!

He was apparently jumping a camera and going low on a 2 way. Sounds like he fixated on the footage and lost altitude awareness, resulting in a very low pull and hard impact into the water.

Not the way it happened at all.

Sounds pretty much like what I saw... or there is the other side of this; He was trying to go low for fun/the show/the hell of it, whatever anyone else wants to speculate. He was jumping a camera, he was the low guy, he did pull low and he did impact the water quite hard. I would say that is a pretty good account of what happened.

I'm still trying to figure out why he planned on going in the water with a camera on. :S

I am almost sure he wasn't planning on the water. Something didn't go as planned, whether that be a low pull intentionally or through complacany is left to be said. How you healing, man? Last I saw you were laid up in Tom's. Hope you are well.

He's fine, and if it's his wish to tell, he'll tell. But don't speculate about things you have no idea about. Not one of you have any idea about what 'actually' went on.

Hello anonymous nobody,

You've twice posted some smack that nobody knows what sent poor JT into the drink. Its funny that the unusually loud, arrogant, and smart alec JT has not put anything about his close brush with death.

Two very experienced jumpers have posted their first hand account of what they actually saw. No one has any reason to doubt them, as they have very good credentials. You have no name, no credentials, and offer no explanations. Therefore, you have no voice, and add nothing to the discussion. It can only be complacency, or stupidity. No one with a brain hums it into the water wearing a camera on purpose.

BTW, did the camera surrvive?

He's fine, and if it's his wish to tell, he'll tell.

Covering up accidents may be good for the ego, but it's bad for other jumpers. We can all learn from accidents.

Knowing some folks in the local medical community, and knowing that he was in the hospital here, I'm fairly certain that "he's fine" is not "what 'actually' went on."

No one here bears him any ill will. We're not trying to kick the guy while he's down. Everyone has accidents, and no one has a problem with that. Covering up is silly in a case like this. It's far more helpful to other jumpers to discuss the accident and help them avoid similar things.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

He's fine, and if it's his wish to tell, he'll tell. But don't speculate about things you have no idea about. Not one of you have any idea about what 'actually' went on.

What if you witnessed the jump first hand like Rauk and I did? Sure we don't know what was going through his brain (likely never will), but Rauk is only saying what he saw that day. The jumper in question was super low in the basement, a 5+ second delay before a PC was presented to the air (on a 7 second to impact jump) and his body slammed into the water hard before his slider was even given a chance to come down. Now if that doesn't qualify as "what actually went on", then I'm sorry you guys need to wake up to the reality that Mother Earth doesn't give a shit how cool YOU think you are. This shit will kill you if you don't respect it's dangers.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

on a 7 second to impact jump

Not arguing with you but I thought it was more like 5.5? Anyone...?