grundleson

TF memorial day

yup, about 5.5

480 / 16 = 30
square root of 30 is ~ 5.5

NOTE: (this doesn't take into account air resistance and assumes you start off fairly close to the ground)

For a 480' fall, with no friction, you do get about 5.5 s (5.46 s) before impact (considering g = 9.81 m/s). So speed (g * t) would be about 53.6 m/s or 120 mph.

With the air resistance, after 5.5 s, the actual speed is closer to 90 mph, according to what I know. Air resistance has a significant influence, even after 4 or 5 s of freefall. Though, time before impact will still be under 6 s. Yeah, well, I'm not very helpfull [:/]

5.8 seconds to impact is what I beleive.

I guess I got my numbers mixed up. But nevertheless, I witnessed JT take his jump deep into the basement. Of course who knows what caused him to go so low, but the boy came super close to killing himself.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

ya,just because you do not have a wall behind you does not mean the ground/water will not get you too.this is definetely not a sport for complacency.
http://freakboy066.tripod.com/

That a'boy tree,
way to add to the topic of conversation,
Hell. why don't you AND Tommy boy write about YOUR accidents.
I can almost bet that some shit happened you both did not expect.
come on, let's here it.
the milk is warming..........................
Go ahead and ban me you punk ass bitches!
oh yeah, I almost forgot....... "Dorkzone".com rules!

so Tommy Boy,
JT walked his ass right out the hospital.
Having knowing some folks in the local medical community, does this mean he's fine? and does it mean this actually went on?
please eloborate more if you could.

If you read, I said just that, "It's all speculation". I just stated what I saw. I have no ill words, no ill thoughts, no ill will. JT has always been nothing but friendly the few times we came across each other in Twin and I was sick when I saw him hit the water. I never made a claim on what JT meant to happen, only what I saw. The only person who really knows what happened is him. Either way, it doesn't change the way I feel. Chances are pretty good that all of us will spend a nice long stint in the hospital if we keep at it for long enough.