phoenixlpr

Pace to jump?

Hi,

I`ve got this picture. It`s an abandoned diamond mine in Siberia. The hole is about 1,5 km deep and 540m wide. It takes about 90-120 minutes to drive a track down.

*no BASE experience thinkin* wouldn't you have to be a hell of a tracker to get tis one... Or start the WS flying early...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Once I've progressed to succesfully jumping from pyramids, I'll immediately jump this site.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Draw a rope between the diameter points and make sure there's a truck waiting for you at the bottom, as a walk along the spiral is a few miles easily. :)
Cool find!

The "steps" look to be about 90 to 100m high. If so, yes its jumpable ;)

Found a little something about the site. You got the wide/depth-thingy the wrong way. The answer is; 1 1/2 km wide, 500 m deep. Also found a picture with snow in the mine, and i guess it's better suited for a snowboardride :S A answer would be to bring a 1,5 km wire and two trucks so than one could exit in the middle, but this kind of blew me off;

The town is strictly off limits to outsiders without a special permit and the authorities regard any foreigners with considerable suspicion.

Call me chicken, but beeing held up with a kalosnikow in Siberia Russia is not my kind of thrill... But i wont stop anyone :P
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/in_pictures_postcards_from_russia/html/10.stm

Once I've progressed to succesfully jumping from pyramids, I'll immediately jump this site.

Classic!
keep em coming.

1 day I'll upload some photo's of all the local objects in my area, if that isnt breaking policy.
well as long as I dont say where they are i think it'll be allowed.

The town is strictly off limits to outsiders without a special permit and the authorities regard any foreigners with considerable suspicion.

I`ve suspect that without any prior knowledge.
Beer for the Pyramid jumpers, of course just right after any jump :).

Mines. Beauty.

Check out Chuiquicamata in Northern Chile, or, better even, the biggest man made hole in Kimberley, South Africa.
However, the remarks above apply....

Ronald Overdijk
www.liveskyproductions.nl