NickDG

Russel (pBASE) is in the Hospital . . .

I'll leave it to those there at the time of the jump to fill in the details but Russel said after a two second slider down delay his legs came up and hit him in the face. He didn't fully realize how badly he was hurt and actually went to work for two days after his return home.

So, for a little more detail from my point of view, Russel's exit was textbook. Body position was spot-fcukin' on. Perfect. The rest of us marvelled at a well-executed jump and a ballsy delay, but didn't know anything was wrong until we all got onto the boat and found Russel holding his head due to a pretty bad headache (due to disreflexia from his yet-unknown lower-body injuries). Apparently as he pitched, he continued to roll through and ended up a little head-low. On a side note, a few of the onlookers who joined us at the bridge couldn't believe what Russel was about to do. Even with my involvement, I still sit in awe. Russel, it's a good thing you can't feel your balls, man. Cause carrying around cajones that frickin' huge would be painful.

The couple of visits to the hospital before we headed home are stories all themselves. I wonder how much worse we made it with all the moving around, in and out of the car and Tom's place.

Heal fast, bro. See you tomorrow.

-C.

aaarrgghh f#ck Russel.I really hope you get well soon.
I know your really working hard to make your adventure run,theese batels must be hard for you.
Keep fighting in there,and let me know if i can do anything..
Now HEAL fast im hoping you still can do the jump we talked about,in the summer.

Keep up the good spirit bro

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Russel, it's a good thing you can't feel your balls, man. Cause carrying around cajones that frickin' huge would be painful.

That is just classic man, looks like Russell is surrounded by the right people. Wishing Russell all the best, he is proof of the power of a positive mind in the face of adversity. :)

Hang in there Russell! You're an inspiration to us all.

On another note, is there any substantial chance of blood clotting? Also, has Russell thought about doing electromuscular stimulation to build up muscle tone and bone strength in his legs to prevent such dangerous accidents from happening again?

take care,
Chris
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Went to see him during lunch break.
He is doing ok, waiting for surgery to fix his leg.
He was happy to feel all the positive vibration from the community.

Was glad to meet you Russel!

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Russel, you crazy man. Actually I don't think you're crazy, you're just living it up a bit more than most of us. Heal up quickly!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Dang Russel, I thought all you had was a tweaked knee.

No slider down for you!!!!

;)

Seriously though, I hope you heal quickly. Don't get discouraged, you're blazing a trail no one else has. And of course our A is always here for ya! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I just briefly talked to Russel's dad. Russel was "asleep and a little doped-up"--which I'm sure is code for "shin-deep in a three-nurse sponge-bath right now". He said the surgery was successful. They placed a rod down the length of his femur with a ball for the joint on top. It went well and Russel's recovering. I'll be cruising by to see him this afternoon/evening, so if you have any messages you'd like delivered, I'd be happy to do so. (I'm not sure if he has Internet access from his room.)
-C.

I'll be cruising by to see him this afternoon/evening

Let me know when you go, I´ll join.

Jul.
JFK #1013
PM Me
No Adrenalin.... No Fun!
"Minds are like parachutes the

Tell him he needs to stay in the hospital at least two more days, because his get-well-carrot is on its way. Not a very manly gift, but I'm not the guy to mess with traditions.

Also, ask the doctors if they can install some rings directly onto his new hip so we can attach some three-rings and risers. That will make landing on land a lot easier.

See you in May, Russel!

Cheers,

Jaap

guess its more easy to say "hello from us all,whishes for a speedy recovery" if not then please pass it on from me atleast:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

While they're at it they should install a metal plate for upcoming butt-slide landings. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Just to echo what "C" said, I also talked to Russel's parents this morning and it seems the doctors did a bit more metal work than first planned.

But, as of now, he says, Russel came through the surgery just fine.

Papa pBASE also asked me to pass on his warmest regards to the BASE community for showing so much love and support for his son . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Been followin this thread and all I can come up with to say is... Russel you're as hard core as they come. Heal up well and fast, lookin forward to seeing you at an exit point some time again soon :)

You better heal up fast because I can't wait to see you back at the potato bridge again! :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~Adam Savage

The Russinator ! Keep on rockin Russel and show em how it's done. You're just a swinger. Get well soon.:)

hi all from the hospital. just wanted to say thanks for all the support and the get wells. I think i'm going home tomorrow. i'll write more when I get home and stop typing on a tiny hand held thingy[email]

Russel, only you would be strong enough to be posting from the hospital bed! Dude, you frig'n rock...

Heal well brother, you inspire us all!

Ganja

get well soon russel hope to see you again soon
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates