World's highest road bridge opens in France

it has already been officially burnt by some BASE 502 dude and his TV crew.

Many others jumped it long before...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I saw it on the ride up to the Espace Boogie. We had to take a detour because of all the construction, but that bridge is massive even from the distance I saw it at. I had my rig in the car, but decided that getting arrested in France, especially since Im a US citizen with an Arab sounding name, was not in my best interest.
The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over - Hunter S. Thompson

oops didnt see that - thanks for pointing it out!

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

they apparently confiscate the rig and you must get it the day after or something like that. Plus certainly some kind of fine for trespassing... And now the bridge is open, you would also be fined for walking on the motorway...

But your car can still breakdown on the motorway and that would be the "only access you found to stay out of danger":):P

With pride I say that two jumps of one of the cranes (before the roaddeck was installed) and two jumps of the bridge itself are written in my logbook...

And that was before #502 did it!!!:D

J.

www.vandrunen.ch

so does it really count as a bridge jump then? would you log it as an "other" jump?

either way dosent matter, its your log book... just curious
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Yes, the 2 jumps of the crane are 'O' in my logbook.

The 2 others were of the bridge (roaddeck), so 'S'. However, the road wasn't finished at the time (there was a still a gap)

This is why I know 502 did it after us, because his video showed a complete roaddeck. It was also springtime when he jumped, while we jumped it at sub zero temperatures last winter.....brrrrr!

J.

www.vandrunen.ch

With pride I say that two jumps of one of the cranes (before the roaddeck was installed) and two jumps of the bridge itself are written in my logbook...

And that was before #502 did it!!!:D

J.

yay! it's my 2 favorite europeans! i love joris and vrank! way to go on being the first

yay! it's my 2 favorite europeans! i love joris and vrank! way to go on being the first

Love ya too babe... ;)

Coming over anytime soon?

J.

www.vandrunen.ch

actually not the first................. ;)

Come on guys, this bridge and the crane has been jumped SO MUCH.

Ronald Overdijk
www.liveskyproductions.nl

well thats very true....................... just messin with him..............

i find it amusing that people only think that objects are found when they hit the news........... rather than people putting in a shed load of research keeping an eye on new constructions! ;)

This may be a high profile object but how is all this site naming suddenly ok?

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

where do they name it? only thing is that they posted a link
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

so if I post links to all the objects I know have references on the net you will be happy?

I would say there are links to most objects - does not mean they should be posted?

agreed. So in the future we not only have to follow the rules, we also must follow the "spirit" of the rules

make sense?

added: So there is no misunderstanding, we don't need to post links to objects.
Leroy

I think the S were "genneral public knowing" as 502 had his jump...
Besides i guess whith out ever beeing there that whith in 1 week it will be open for traffic which means it will be hard to jump from anyway.

Not that it will be more easy after treads as this one...:|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

that whith in 1 week it will be open for traffic which means it will be hard to jump from anyway

do you remember the jump from the span in europe in the snow? ;)

......actually bad reference........ ;), but funny non the less.............

a good few of the spans out there are "live" roads........... including the one where 621 and myself got hurt a little! :$

we don't need to post links to objects.

agree with that - it only takes a bit of work and research on the net to find many great things to jump in places you are looking to.

B|

the joys of the net! :P

yes sir..
Leroy

502 never said or implied that he was the first to jump it. That was only media spin. You know, the same media that misreports accidents and such.

take care
space

A few thoughts on site naming:

This place was on the front page of CNN's web site the other day. It got similar publicity in many places.

Any time that happens a spate of people (often, interestingly, new users) login to various internet discussions with a "hey, look at this thing I found, it's so cool, why doesn't someone go jump it." Obviously, they don't realize that in 99 of 100 cases, multiple someones have done so long ago (beginning, and often continuing, during the construction).

It's going to take a giant chunk of my time to keep yanking all those "news inspired" discussions. I'll generally let a simple link to a big news story stand. I'll intervene if (a) it's a particularly sensitive site, (b) it's turning into huge discussion, or (c) I'm just feeling ornery.

When I see those discussions in forums I don't moderate I usually either post (or PM) a link to my "Naming Names" bit, or I just pull parts of it and repost them.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Coming over anytime soon?

oh yeah, please come over and see us