skydvr18

MEET THE TANNING GUY

just curious, which of you guys actually BASE jump?

And that matters why?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Settle Down......
http://www.nationaltrust.org/magazine/archives/arch_story/013004.htm

I'm not sure how to make it go clicky and I'm at work, so I'll get chewed out if I try to figure it out...

If this dude's been hucking people off the bridge for even the last 5 years, it sounds to me like nobody even knew about it until now... The only thing that I'd even have a problem with is the old gear... Isn't there any level headed person in TF that might need a tan? Just go talk to the guy and ASK if he'd have a problem "sitting in" on a course... Maybe he'd be open to constructive criticism...

whatever...

I in no way meant to flame, and arguing over the internet is like winning the special olympics. Just wanted to settle my points into the discussion, and answer your direct points to basically kill time at wotk. Hope no one took anything as a flame.

~rob

Well said. And Tree, I have made a few jumps from the bridge, and I plan to do so the Saturday that he is putting wannabes off...but it won't cost me $110 a jump!!

To the skydivers...it's not like we're talking about T&F this guy. Most of the debate has been on whether or not this is a concern, which I feel that most agree. As far as how to handle it, I haven't seen anyone post who is AGAINST handling it by talking to the guy.

And AJ Hacket is a cool place to do a bungee jump. If you want dead air, go to Vegas. If you want a parachute ride, go parasailing. If you want to swim, go to a pool. Does this mean I'm going to T&F every mother&$%^er that shows up to jump with this guy? NO. Am I gonna take him to jail? NO. Am I going to ruin his business? NO. What am I going to do about it? I've done it...I've given the info to the more experienced BASE jumpers, who can then talk to the guy. If I see him, sure, I'll chat with the guy, but I'm not going to ramble on about the specifics of the bridge, BASE, or equipment...I'm leaving that up to the experienced guys.

I in no way meant to flame,

LOL:D NO... look at the main page of the BASE zone.. this thread is burning:D:D

That's all I was referring too
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

WOW- This thread has really gone on. I'm just curious, which of you guys actually BASE jump? Just wondering dus to all the posts over this thing.

Cya.

That's a good question my deciduous, friend. Let's find out.

You may think you know a thing or two about BASE but there's more than two things to know.

We are, at this point, self-regulating. If you make too much of a hoohaa we will regulate you. It's a good thing the IBP isn't in Georgia. Of that you can be sure cuz there'd be more folks wearing a waterproof, feathered toupe if it was.

"What has this guy done wrong" whines the uninitiated populous.
"He pissed us off and that's all it takes motherfucker".

We don't ask permission, we don't cry to the authorities, we don't allow ourselves to be fucked over. We take care of our own including our errant children.

You can spend as long in the stadium as you like...it don't make you a quarterback. Your assumed knowledge of the activity counts for shit. Once you've experienced BASE then you'll realized how cretinous your whuffo comments are.

"I plan to make a BASE jump someday". Fuck that.
I'll send you a check for $110 and you can drop by the tanning salon tomorrow. There's fuck-all to it. Any asshole can BASE jump. Shit, It's safer than crossing the street. The worst that can happen is that you hit the ground and your inards compress so hard that they force your internal organs out through your asshole and your brain exits through the top of your head so fast it blows a hole in the Protec you're wearing. Piece of piss, really. Why the concern, lady? Aw shit, you can always have more kids to replace this one.

Where's the data to back up these wild assumptions? Why does being a rigger help you BASE jump or give you any knowledge? All you do is pack a canopy. Once it's packed your rigging's done. Game over. No longer required. Go home. Go, on. Shooo.
Besides, I know riggers who can pack a reserve but tie their own shoelaces together. The principles of two activities may be the same but the transfer of skills isn't guaranteed.

My chihuahua is tame and I trained him ergo I could be a lion tamer.
Twat! Suppers ready Leo and it's wearing a pink DaKine jumpsuit. Yeah, the one giving his buddy the high five and walking like he just got outta prison. Chow down.

I could give a fuck whether what this guy is doing is legal, illegal, ethical or whatever. Fact is, if it results in our playground being exposed to risk then a reaction should be expected. It may not be pretty.

You may be willing to stand by while some poor bastard gets killed in an accident you could've prevented by intervening. I won't. I don't know a BASE jumper who would. I wouldn't jump with anyone who would. When I get carved up I want the 95 lb chick who followed me down to dig deep, haul me onto her shoulder and drag my ass back to the 4x4. You can stay at the bottom crying and puking and generally acting like a tit. Maybe that's the difference that allows someone to to be a BASE jumper rather than just performing a BASE jump. Commitment to your comrades through all the shit.

If you had knackers you'd already be what you're talking about doing.

Whew! The Metabolife seems potent this evening.

Seriously, we resond to stimuli and our response is not always a measured one. If you meant to wind people up then congrats. You did it.

Now please, pretty please...fuck off back to your own world.

Shouting = insults = venting = feeling better (sorry Tom).
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

"My chihuahua is tame and I trained him ergo I could be a lion tamer."

OM Fucking G. That was the funniest thing I have seen all day. Even funnier than the photo of Kerry with a shotgun.

So what do I win?

Truth be told, if I were some rich-ass sugardaddy pimp mo fo, I would go out to TF, buy the store right next to the tanning joint, load it with cancer beds and a whole slew of illegal (yet cute;)) Korean manicurists and Japanese massage honeys (is a hand relief illegal in Idaho?) and advertise "20% lower prices than the joint nextdoor."

See how he likes somebody shitting in his playground.:P

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Isn't there any level headed person...that might need a tan

I'm I the only one that sees something wrong with this question? ;)
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Yeah, I do. Had he read the thread before posting, he'd know that those are our intentions...to talk to the guy.

Can't we just beat him with a stick?
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Leave it to a wanker across the pond to tell it like it isB|B| That's some funny shit:D:D

May we live long and die out

WTF is with you two (JP & Lou)?!!! Can't you take your opinionated bickering over to the soapbox or someplace?

I am really starting to like Mick's place a lot, lot more! More skydivers hijacking threads like this and I'll never look back.

I've always liked Mick's place better. All of the BASE jumpers have been on here trying to explain the situation to the skydivers. I won't start a new thread on here anymore, that's for sure.

WTF is with you two (JP & Lou)?!!! Can't you take your opinionated bickering over to the soapbox or someplace?

US? I should be asking you and your bud skinflicka WTF. We are not the ones Bickering here. This started out as a lynch mob for this guy because of what he is doing and we simply asked someone to explain the situation RATIONALLY. For a group of people who don't want to be regulated and told what to do , you sure seem to take offense to a guy doing his own thing. Besides, this conversation has already come to a conclusion, no need in addressing questions that have already been answered. Read the whole thread if you haven't already done so and maybe it will make sense to you. If it doesn't then ask Tom to explain it to you via PM. Ranting on like a caffine induced mad man with things like "he pisses us off" and "fuck that" do nothing to substantiate your position nor does it convince anyone of anything other than that you resent someone saying something you disagree with. Everyone involved in this discussion is PRO BASE as far as I am concerned but apparently some people are too close to the trees to see the forest. You are preaching to the choir except this choir doesn't need to act like they are in the mosh pit to deal with the problem.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

...but apparently some people are too close to the trees to see the forest.

Tree is a big boy, so I could see how that could happen.:P

mike

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills--You know, like nunchuk skills, bow-hunting skills, computer-hacking skills.

Humor anyone? I just posted this on Mick's site, but I think we ESPECIALLY need it here. And remember, it's only for a laugh:

**Okay, I think we all need some humor. From the homepage of dz.com, "how to survive the WFFC":

"The WFFC can be a dangerous place. But with a little planning and some common sense, you can spend your time at Rantoul jumping and partying rather than taking that 'other' helicopter ride."

Jumping and partying at the same time...is THAT safe?? **

I said I wouldn't post it here, since the skydivers would lynch me. But FYI, I am NOT taking a stab at skydiving, because yes, I do it from time to time myself. Laughter is the best medicine, ya know.:D

Lynched by skydivers = mauled by sheep.

Bedtime.

Boing.

PS smile or I'll bite you.;)
$kin.

...opinionated bickering over to the soapbox or someplace?

Everyone is opinionated. Both those who agree and those who disagree with you.

I am really starting to like Mick's place a lot, lot more! More skydivers hijacking threads like this and I'll never look back.

I've always like Mick's place. Even more after he let me crash with him for a week in Europe. :)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

...skinflicka WTF.

Oh, come one. I thought skin's diatribe was hilarious. He's probably got the title as the current "most removed posts" champ in this forum (I think his signature is some kind of trophy). That one's funny enough that it has to stay.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Yo mama, punk.......:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You know, coming to this site to get the opinions of BASE jumpers is like asking to be sodomized with a curling iron :$ So I'm sticking to Mick's site. I'll still visit you guys though, since brawling with skydivers has turned out to be a lot of fun!! ;)

So, what is a good way to give non skydivers a BASE like experience?

im in the belive that some things in life needs experience to try,i mean skydives and canopy skills are werry important to have before BASE jumping off anything..

to me it´s as nuts as giving me the oppertunety to fly a plane whith out knowing shit about it.

Yes i do mean all should have skydive experience(atleast 200jumps,or more likely more but i know that wont happen),therefore i think thouse people shouldnt beabel to get a BASE jump as their knowlegede and experience about canopy control,mals etc dont make it a safe jump to them.Rember people think that when people let them try somthing out,then its becourse its safe...Were used to that evry thing is safe in the normal life.. therefore thouse people will think the same about BASE jump...

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

i think most of us pointed out that the reasson we are upset about this guy is that most of us dont think he does his thing in a safe way=sombody have a greater chance to get injuryed or killed=bad for the sport plus thouse persons involved(specialy the person that takes the hit).

I wont flame you(Lou) or JP,but i get upset to see 2 speakers from the skydive envioment were you work so hard to make things safe as posible,then come here and disagree whith even experienced BASE jumpers that says this i dangerus.
I guess most in here see that as defending a guy that dont care about safty.If you guys think BASE is all about trying to kill your self then your all wrong,its about living and stay alive to keep living and enjoy what we do.

Hope it cleard up why people are upset on this guy and now also you and JP(well not realy you two that much,but i had to hit ya:P).

Its all about getting the right rep. for our sport and you guys sure already know what bad attention to skydive can give.. its even harder in BASE,therefore we dont need things like this..

Skin,you lier.. you always dissaper as i visit UK.:ph34r::Dand i really would like to buy you a pint after jumping..B|so i guess you wont jump whith me[:/]:ph34r:but i can understand why,somtimes i dont want to jump whith me either but i have no choice:D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I would be interested in getting the opinion of the BASErs on the ethics (from a BASE ethics perspective) of the practice known as "deathcamping".

Edited to add: By "deathcamping" I mean in the context of experienced BASE jumpers dispatching non-BASE jumping friends off an object on a one-time basis.

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

has anyone else noticed that his discussion / arguement can be split into 2 camps.........

Camp 1) BASE jumpers
Camp 2) Skydivers

does that not say something?

If you skydivers are so confident of your thoughts why dont we see you post this sort of shit at BLiNC?

Fucking hell..............

edit: cant beleive this is the second most posted subject in the BASE Forum...................

Reason: Camp 2 cant see that Camp 1 wants BASE to stay as safe as possible................ fucking madness...........