leroydb

321 cya

321 cya
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

:DMan, I am mad that I missed it. Don't worry as you get more jumps you should be able to stop screaming like that.

you wasted yoru first post on me? oh yea.. beer for the both of us

... dont mention this shit at work
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

dont we all? at least inside?
Leroy

It appears this was your first jump, tell us more. What type of object? What type of deployment? What were you feeling at the top, and then at the bottom? I'e only got 5 in now, the last of which was a B on Saturday night. IT had been a couple of months since I had jumped before that. I'm hooked all over again!

Ganja

Did my first bAse jump (BEER)

PCA'd
260sqft vented fox (perfect on heading opening "proablly luck")

300ft Antenna (climbed, no elevator)
Somewhere in NC
5:30PM Eastern
Witness: BASE 708, 788

John Hayes was an awesome instructor , along with all the others...

Yea i scramed 2 times (like a girl) until the canopy opened.
Leroy

WHAT!!! oh the horror! No elevator to 300 feet! ugh....

Congratulations on your first.

Be safe and good luck.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

"Beer" is a skydiver thing, you're a base jumper now, congratulations!

"Beer" is a skydiver thing, you're a base jumper now

I was getting ready to say the same thing. No hard and fast beer rules in this sport! (although I generally buy every jumper I know a beer -- especially ground crew)

Congratulations on your first BASE jump and best wishes for many more!

Bryan

Hey way to go leroydb.....

now quick, sell all your skydive shit, get a pair of olive drab or urban camo pants, some of those high dollar paragliding boots, a compass, a laser rangefinder, and meet us at the XXXXX tower tomorrow night. Bring your own Gatorade.

congrats leroy.

Rod

thats alot to do over night... anyonw wana base my espirit 120? i will give it to you if i can video you in the day time... lol JOKING
Leroy

remember what? my scream?
Leroy

Congratulations! I'm sure we'll meet soon, we're not that far apart.

BTW, you might want to keep names out of your posts.

Ganja

PCA'd
260sqft vented fox (perfect on heading opening "proablly luck")

Somewhere in NC
5:30PM Eastern
Witness: BASE 708, 788

John Hayes was an awesome instructor , along with all the others...

First off Leroy congrats on surviving your first jump. It's quite a thrill isn't it!!
Second, I was just wondering, what is it that you consider makes your instructor an awesome instructor? Was it because you survived uninjured or was it something else. I would be interested in knowing how your instructor prepared you for the jump like canopy control drills, mental preperredness, BASE site overview, ethics, site selection, etc.
Thanks

Oh yeah you said that your jump was at 5:30 on the east coast right? Isn't that a little early to jump on the east coast? Wasn't it still light out? Do you guys have a day tower jump? How did you manage that one? Sounds cool, did you get the neighbors or owners approval so the cops wouldn't come or did you just say f.uck it and doa hit and run??

ha ha you got video???

im not too good,i have serval times been heard screaming "FUCK" just before my canopy has opened and given me short canopy rides:PB|

Welcome to BASE,stay safe:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

All the best BASE jumpers scream like little girls, it's the way forward B|.

Congrats on your first jump,

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

yay for you! congrats B|

First off Leroy congrats on surviving your first jump. It's quite a thrill isn't it!!
Second, I was just wondering, what is it that you consider makes your instructor an awesome instructor? Was it because you survived uninjured or was it something else. I would be interested in knowing how your instructor prepared you for the jump like canopy control drills, mental preperredness, BASE site overview, ethics, site selection, etc.
Thanks

Oh yeah you said that your jump was at 5:30 on the east coast right? Isn't that a little early to jump on the east coast? Wasn't it still light out? Do you guys have a day tower jump? How did you manage that one? Sounds cool, did you get the neighbors or owners approval so the cops wouldn't come or did you just say f.uck it and doa hit and run??

Not sure what i meant by awesome... maybe for sharing the "BASE" experiance... trust... yea...

yes it was a day jump, not alll jumps have to be a "black ops" mission you dont have to run...
Leroy

Not sure what i meant by awesome... maybe for sharing the "BASE" experiance... trust... yea...

yes it was a day jump, not alll jumps have to be a "black ops" mission you dont have to run...

Hi Leroy
So what your saying is that anyone who would share the BASE jump experience with you would be an awesome instructor?? And that he prepared you for this jump by gaining your trust? Is that right? Thanks for clarifying. I'm just trying to get a feel for what it is that makes a great 1st jump instructor.
You never really answered the other question about the day jumps, you just said you don't need to run.. what do you mean? Did you get the go ahead from someone, is the tower in such a remote place that no-one could see you or did your instructor just teach you to not worry about the bust factor? Day jumps are great!:)thanks cya,
twizz

Did you get the go ahead from someone, is the tower in such a remote place that no-one could see you or did your instructor just teach you to not worry about the bust factor?

Fishing for information about sites, Twizz?

I'm pretty sure that's a remote tower with no one around to observe.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Hey Twizz,

I'll take you a little more seriously if you man up and put some real information in your profile--like enough for us to identify you as a real BASE jumper, rather than just a troll.

I'm just trying to get a feel for what it is that makes a great 1st jump instructor.

Do you know JH? Care to tell us why you think he's not a qualified instructor?
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Fishing for information about sites, Twizz?

I'm pretty sure that's a remote tower with no one around to observe.

Sorry Tom I didn't know you were there to witness the jump.

Hey Twizz,

I'll take you a little more seriously if you man up and put some real information in your profile--like enough for us to identify you as a real BASE jumper, rather than just a troll.

Jeez Tom, "Man up" and you'll take me more seriously... do you think I care if you take me more seriously?? That wasn't the purpose of my posting. It's really not that important to me. So I'm sorry again Tom, I didn't know I needed to qualify myself to ask about what instructors are teaching their students.... I know what manufacturers are teaching, I was just curious as to what people in the field are doing . Especially on sites that are not legal bridges since there are a lot more issues to deal with. Is that too far out of line?? By the way Tom you probably don't know me because I try to keep my jumping less high profile than you.

Do you know JH? Care to tell us why you think he's not a qualified instructor?

I never said I didn't think he was a qualified instructor, I was merely asking why Leroy thought of his instructor as a great one.

Thanks Tom for not jumping down my throat... for asking a simple question. [/sarcasm]