leroydb

321 cya

Thanks Tom for not jumping down my throat... for asking a simple question.

Apologies if I seemed to be jumping down your throat. It seemed to me that you were getting on Leroy's case for the manner of his instruction, when he had done exactly what is generally recommended (found a qualified instructor, gotten references on the instructor, and then trusted his instructor).

I didn't know I needed to qualify myself to ask about what instructors are teaching their students....

You don't. However, it seemed to me that your tone was more critical than just "asking". If you want to criticize someone's teaching, then, yes, I do think you ought to qualify yourself a little.

I never said I didn't think he was a qualified instructor, I was merely asking why Leroy thought of his instructor as a great one.

Then again, my apologies. I definitely misread the tone of your inquiries. But, that's a danger of the medium when you're having a discussion on line like this.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

dude chill - leroy is obviously an excited virgin that just popped his cheery..... he just threw words together to try and thank people that made it possible to do his first jump - being probably the most intense thing he has done I am not surprised his choice of words maybe misinterperated - just let the guy have his moment - we were there once.

He is probably unaware of the little things that his instructor did to make him ready......

just my thoughts

all be cool now!

now quick, sell all your skydive shit, get a pair of olive drab or urban camo pants, some of those high dollar paragliding boots, a compass, a laser rangefinder, and meet us at the XXXXX tower tomorrow night. Bring your own Gatorade.

This sounds so familiar it's scary. :o

Congrats on your fist jump Leroy! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

However, it seemed to me that your tone was more critical than just "asking".

same did i think,but what do i know,i dont even spell corectly:P

Leroy,did you get more jumping in??B|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

thanks for quantifing that
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Did my first bAse jump (BEER)

"Beer" is a skydiver thing, you're a base jumper now, congratulations!

I like that. "BEER" is a skydiver thing

nicely put.

Thomas

Did my first bAse jump (BEER)

"Beer" is a skydiver thing, you're a base jumper now, congratulations!

I like that. "BEER" is a skydiver thing

nicely put.

F that!
Anytime you can get beer, you should.

Not to mention that "beer is a skydiver thing" smacks of elitism.

-Josh

If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.