itsgreg

B.A.S.E

any thoughts out there on B.A.S.E jumping.Got about 250 jumps done.Should i give it a go with the right training of course,or should i staB|y well clear

There's a FAQ on this very question in the BASE forum. Check that document out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

As someone who has yet to make a BASE jump (my day will come some time very soon), you obviously need to take what I say with a grain of salt. But BASE jumping is an order of magnatude more dangerous than skydiving. Of course maybe this thread should be moved to the BASE forums?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Of course maybe this thread should be moved to the BASE forums?

Ditto. B|

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Thoughts on it? Yes, more power to those that do it. It ain't for me... I'll stick to jumping out of airplanes!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

Don't do it. It's crazy and insane. And you could get hurt really bad and you could die.

Stay in the house. On the couch - it's pretty cushioney. But park it under a sturdy doorframe - in case there is an earthquake. But make sure its a really high doorframe - in case you accidentally forget it there and you stand up on the couch and hit your head. Which is why you should always wear a helmet. Especially if you are going to BASE jump.

- Cajones

P.S. Enough meaningless rant? Search the BASE forum and then search yourself. There should be some good reasons to pursue BASE and some serious talks with some of those around you...

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Get a lot of qualified advice, more 'regular' jumps, more qualified advice, and then DO IT. Some of us want to, others don't. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
I'd like to make a BASE jump eventually, with expert coaching and perfect gear. Yeehaw!
Attitude is everything!

any thoughts out there on B.A.S.E jumping.Got about 250 jumps done.Should i give it a go with the right training of course,or should i staB|y well clear

Steer way clear of it. Seriously.

Let me guess, your mom always said. "If all your frineds jumped off of a bridge....." I still blame my mom for my interest in BASE, she somehow doesn't se the humor in it though. Bottom line is, you'd have to be completely nuts to come here to ask that question. Talk to your local jumpers about it. If you don't know, or can't find out who they are, your not trying hard enough.

Ganja

Think about it for a long long time - I am, still. 10 years actually. You can get very hurt very easily - as even some of the best can and will attest to. You just need to figure out if its worth the chance to you. I have gone through tons of injuries throughout my life and that is one negative against base for me - most likely, an injury will occur to most basers in some form or another. Those lamp posts and cars come up fast ;)

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Your question is your answer, grasshopper. If you need to ask (and you asked about as much as could be asked) then you are not ready. Stick to the planes, follow the rules, pull by 2,500, and you will be fine. There is nothing here.

Tree

It's the dark side my friend.

And these aren't the droids you're looking for.

He can go about his business.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave