Skinflicka

Flying Twat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3106147.stm

Looks like Felix leads a charmed life.

I'd have thought he'd have choked on his ego by now.

"I want to be know as the God of the skies"?

You're named after a cat.

Much love,

Skin.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Clicky!

I'd have thought he'd have choked on his ego by now.

Wouldn't we all be a full time sponsored skydiver/base jumper if we could? And we're not the target audience for these articles so don't be too suprised when they're bollocks.

There's a link on that bbc page back to the dz.com forums, nice!

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

The 34-year-old former mechanic and motor cross driver said he was confident he would become the first person to fly unassisted across the Channel.

There have been several people before who crossed the canal 'unassisted'

One guy cycled across the canal (flying) without the use of an engine...just his own muscle power, and another guy crossed the canal under a parachute/parapent

Nothing wrong with being cool, but do get the facts right..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Wouldn't we all be a full time sponsored skydiver/base jumper if we could?

Gus, him being a twat has nothing to do with him being sponsored. Feel free to PM me for details on 'Being a twat in Cape Town'.

Come on, don't be too harsh. All this "I'm my own plane" spiel is just PR nonsense.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

So when the Telegraph quotes HIM as saying :

"I want to be known as the God of the Skies," he told the Telegraph.

Is that just PR nonsense or bad reporting?

Which makes better copy: "I want to be known as the God of the Skies" or "Hi, my name's Felix and I like BASE jumping" ???
The bottom line is that Felix and his sponsors want/need news coverage, that's the whole point of what they're doing.

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

Anyone notice the diagram in the news article??? It mentions the wing being jettisoned????????? I though the Sky Rays were pretty much entwined in the rig kinda like a birdman suit is....
Remster

I've jumped w/ Felix and he's a good guy, but the facts do get twisted a bit sometimes. I saw something on TV saying his Rio Christ jump was the "lowest ever BASE jump"....
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

For a "God of the Skies" (for best effect say this out loud with a crap Arnie Schwart...ger accent)

That's a pretty obnoxious claim given that I'm still the record holder (8' 3 1\4" from my shed roof).

He may be a nice guy (?) but he's experienced enough to have rid himself of the naivety around press manipulation.

and he's named after a cat...

Love Skin.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Link removed. (Because it did not work)
Please see hookitt's post.

Dear hookitt,
How do I make my links 'hot'?
Avery
[email protected]
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Check your PM's

-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Sorry for being a pest, what's a PM?
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Private messages

Click on the word Messages up above.

Ok... I'll go first.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I bet whiskers could do this better! it is much higher quality - I wanna get my cat sponsered to fly the skies!

Chairman Meow sponsored by "Go Cat" parachutes into the record books.................

:ph34r:

Anyone notice the diagram in the news article??? It mentions the wing being jettisoned????????? I though the Sky Rays were pretty much entwined in the rig kinda like a birdman suit is....

the wing as a built in release system and its own parachute..
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

FAQs here - also at the top of every forum page.
Markup Help here - also linked on every post/reply page just above the area where you type the text.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the Dropzone.com forums. :)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

He'd get a better glide ratio out of a wingsuit, and most likely won't make it. The Skyray needs some serious tailwind to catch up to the glide ratio of a well-flown S3 with no wind. Throw a hefty tailwind behind the S3, and you'll have no problem reaching the ~3.4:1 glide ratio needed to make the trip.

This isn't human body flight (the shape of the wing is not formed by body position), and is therefore assisted. A carbon fibre wing on his back would definitely be classified as a glider, making it one of the lowest performance (in terms of glide ratio) glider flights.

Felix puts the glory before the experience. He does this for the wrong reasons. I'm sure he's having fun and getting some skill along the way, but it's pretty obvious that he doesn't have the intrinisic desire to cherish and experience what he does for the sake of what he does. Note that journalists aren't knocking on his door, he's contacting them. It's like the guy can't take a breath unless he can find someone to stroke his ego for doing so.

My bet is that even if he gets a screaming tailwind, he won't get a better glide ratio than 3:1 and will either open way high (and still claim that he made it, if he makes it) or will have to rely on rescue to pick his ass up.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

Mate thats nothing... in 10 days from now you will look back,shake your head and say... fuck dude... funny rideB|

Hold on to your pink mincer hat :)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Did he open his canopy over land?

Click

speaking of the Rio jump, i have seen video of it but can not locate it now.....little help! Hal??!!!!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

That vid of the channel crossing shows him having a super jacked up opening with line twists, and the narrator says that he had to "cut a cord with a knife". Did that bastard pack himself a lineover? Sweet exit, though. Oh, wait... it wasn't.

Click

Exit sucked, opening sucked, landing sucked. At least the title of this thread is pretty damn funny :D
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com