bluepill

Para protesters

It's very low but hardly qualifies as very, very low.

Trust this clarifies.

Skin

;)

$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Just curious

What is the lowest BASE jump performed (with the jumper landing safely, under an open parachute) ??

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

I think it were nice of him to SL it instead of freefall it,in that way people had longer time to see his canopi in the air:ph34r:And i suspect it were his oppinion to show it;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

with the jumper landing safely, under an open parachute

well the lowest i have seen were this guy:)and i guess its lower than most usaly want to freefall(or i migth be wrong)
I belive the limit is abit closer to the ground,if you SL or so;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

What is the lowest BASE jump performed (with the jumper landing safely, under an open parachute) ??

it`s not the jump that felix made in RIO??
if i know well the statue have 29 m but is on a hill and the landing area was on the bottom of that hill

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

the lowest I have personally done is 90 feet with a decelerator chute from a speed boat.

The jump was done over water from a cliff in arizona.. The canopy was xxx's. XXX came up and held the sl/ bag. Ker splash.

My lowest with a regular canopy (firelite) was 120 feetish. This off a small bridge in Alberta. We tye the pc to the bridge and launch. the free bagged canopy would inflate quikly buuut not quite be flying as we landed.

I know some guys who have done free falls from 111 TARDing their canopies

Hutch

edit: Hutch, please read the posting guidelines (and linked thread on naming) fully before posting. Thanks. ~Tom Aiello

I've seen vids of SLs that were definitely lower than cliff and bridge dives I've done. Maybe 50'. The canopy basically inflates and the jumper is in the water a fraction of a second later. I'd rather dive it, as you're hitting almost as hard, but usually in a flat position on your face or back, depending on which way the canopy threw you/which part of the pendulum you are in.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

[QUOTE]Maybe 50'. The canopy basically inflates and the jumper is in the water a fraction of a second later[/QUOTE]

50' over water is nothing. I'd jump that with just a pair of shorts on, there is a certain point where too low gets lame, youre just wearing out your gear for the sake of using it, its a lot more fun to just jump in (like off a waterfall or some such) than have to worry about configuring your gear, IMO, but of course I've never used BASE equipment, but I have taken 50' foot dives from rock ledges into deep rivers ;)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

The lowest jump I am aware of was a 63 ft direct bag into knee deep water.

The lowest freefall over solid earth that I am aware of was a 156 ft span over grass.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

[QUOTE]Maybe 50'. The canopy basically inflates and the jumper is in the water a fraction of a second later[/QUOTE]

50' over water is nothing. I'd jump that with just a pair of shorts on, there is a certain point where too low gets lame, youre just wearing out your gear for the sake of using it, its a lot more fun to just jump in (like off a waterfall or some such) than have to worry about configuring your gear, IMO, but of course I've never used BASE equipment, but I have taken 50' foot dives from rock ledges into deep rivers ;)

Totes. Just use it if you need it. It's kind of cool to prove that you can get a parachute open that quickly, though.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

For what it's worth...

This story made the 6pm and 11pm evening news on the local Atlanta Fox affiliate. About 30 seconds worth...

Later,
Gardner

I've done 98ft onto grass ( S/L, mojo260 ) but I know people have gone lower.........

I thought the 98 foot freefall in WA was considered the lowest. Even though the guy was almost killed, he did freefall it.

So what are the requirements to make it unofficially official? (heh heh...)

*must be a jump that is not normally survivable without a parachute. (like over hard earth, jagged rocks, or knee deep water) Basically any surface that will bust you up bad or kill you.

So, say someone decides to freefall a 50 foot cliff over dirt. The jumper goes in. Jumper dies. Is this a record?

Anyone recall how low that indoor jump from the church cieling was? I don't think he freefell, I thought maybe it was a PCA?

that guy had some cajones! maybe not brains, but hey, chicks dig cajones right?

so if someone can freefall a 98', couldn't it be done SL from even lower? If it was, would the lower SL count as the record, even if it were apparently the same risk?

No, each deployment method has it's own record. The guy who did the 98' freefall was still in ICU last I heard, and the jump was quite some time ago.

So, say someone decides to freefall a 50 foot cliff over dirt. The jumper goes in. Jumper dies. Is this a record?

my wanna be BASE jumper .02 is you have to walk away from it for it to count for anything.

I guess he had to buy his own trophy for that record, pretty expensive.

As I recall the SPC jump was a s/l. I think they broke their legs too. Maybe only one of them. I certainly recall the rather surreal detail that they were busted by a nun with a two-way radio.

Not enough nuns in BASE jumping these days. That's the problem with the MTV generation.

S.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.