Auryn

Mini Links

I have a set of rapid-e metal links you can borrow for this weekend if you want, bryan. I dont know if thats what youre looking for but youre welcome to use em for this weekend if you dont have anything else. I'll be there friday morning-sunday evening.

cya :)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I have a set of rapid-e metal links you can borrow for this weekend if you want, bryan. I dont know if thats what youre looking for but youre welcome to use em for this weekend if you dont have anything else. I'll be there friday morning-sunday evening.

cya :)

cool.. thats what I need. I don't need them forever, just long enough for people to demo my 150.

See ya this weekend !

D 27808

right on dude, I'll toss them in my gear bag now, just remind me about them whenever you see me, I'll forget by that time! :S:D

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

No. Any hardware store will sell what look like exactly the same thing, but they aren't. Only use mini-links designed specifically for skydiving, that you got form a grear manufacturer or retailer.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I thought all rapid links were stamped with a strength code from the manufacturer, so by reading the code a rigger should be able to tell if they can be used for skydiving or not. ??

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The links need to be TSO.
Go to paragear.com and buy a set and keep them, they are always handy to have.
I have about 4 sets lying around all the time.
I know you are already fixed for this weekend but for the future you can have them already
just 2 cents blue ones

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

Two types of mini-links are sold by your local hardware store. At arm's length they look the same, however quality control is not as good on the cheap, Korean-made fence links.
Don't bet your life on the cheapies.
Sometimes hardware stores sell genuine, French-made Maillon Rapide links. If you look closely you will see "Maillon Rapide" and a strength rating stamped on the link. These days, most manufacturers supply genuine, stainless steel Maillon Rapide #4 or #5 links with new reserves.
M.R. #3.5 links are popular on mains, while #6 are found on tandems.
The long term solution is PD Slinks.