trixonik

Flock N Dock 6.0 Video

Jarno, are you jumping one of the stowless bags in this video? Check out the 4:22 mark in slow-mo as you deploy. Your canopy is out of the D bag just after the D bag comes out of the container before the lines even reach full extension. The eventual opening looked ok but you can see the lines snap taught as they reach full extension. Have you noticed your openings are a bit more brisk at all?

If you're jumping a stowless bag, who's is it?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I noticed this as well, though dont have harder openings than normal.
More on heading and no line twists is the only thing I could mention.
Pull to linestretch is less than a second, but the actual deployment still happens at normal speed (as dictated by packing/inflation).

The Mpod is a bit tighter than it should be, but the lines having their own seperate pocket/feed Im not worried about linedump (being quite compareable to the way most reserves are packet/base deployments are initiated as well)

So far Ive logged 200 plus jumps on thr bag, cleaner than any previous jump.
But worth looking at more for sure..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

How does the Mpod system close? Tuck tabs, magnets on the pocket? Are there any locking stows/system to close the D-bag?

I am testing the UPT stowless bag and it has 2 regular locking stows but all the remaining lines are figure 8 rolled and secured in the pocket with tuck tabs. I haven't drawn any conclusions on it yet as I want to test it out some more.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Its an updated version of the former lazy bag (which went from velcro/tuc tabs to magnets).
Ive also seen the new UPT bag, and it looks interesting/compareable. And with the last two stows being the thing that locks the bag, would limit early extraction.

What I like about the MPOD is the central line feed, and lack of stows that (on low speed/big burble deployments with big wingsuits) cause bag tumbling/twists.
With the line-feed being controlled by the seperate pocket, I dont fear linedump. And the extraction is so quick (to the point where the canopy starts to open at normal deployment speed) that I dont expect any complications. Quite similar to a tailpocket/base canopy.
I do how-ever believe the tight fit of my particular MPOD is something easily fixed by going for a normal sized bag (its made to spec).
Watching the deployment at the original speed makes quite a difference, and even with the bag pulling away, keeps the linefeed nice and tight.

This Mpod system has been in use in germany/belgium/holland for quite a long time, and so far seems to only improve openings. And baglock and other tension knots normaly caused by locking linestows are illiminated.

Its good seeing more companies (basic-air etc) also work on their own version. It makes sense to develop something based on the reserve deployment bag, seeing as that system seems to work quite well.

So far I truly havent had even a few degrees off heading openings with the bag, nor harder openings. Though its more than interesting to watch the footage, to see what exactly is happening.
I will also talk to Harry Swinnen from www.pgasus.be about this one.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

So far I truly havent had even a few degrees off heading openings with the bag, nor harder openings.

The reason I ask about your other openings is that in this video you get jerked pretty hard and your legs swing up past perpendicular to your body into a pike(4:28). Are all your other openings like that with the Mpod? I don't know if you consider that normal but I definitely don't consider that a soft or normal opening, not to mention that it's hard on the body.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The leg swing was an intentional 'look at me being funny' swing. I never get feet in frame on openings.
Look at the angle of my upper body.
Had it been a hard jolt, Id be stif as a board, in a straight line, or even bent the opposite way.

Full flight pulls will always have some forward momentum due to the forward speed though..
Look at some base footage for reference on fast openings.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Really nice video! Really cool to see those superfast shifts in relative altitude! A couple of close ones though!B|

Looking forward to seeing Jarno's take on the F&D! Can't wait to be able to parttake in this myself!!!! Looks like hella fun, in the air AND on the ground!

Really nice video! Really cool to see those superfast shifts in relative altitude! A couple of close ones though!B|

Looking forward to seeing Jarno's take on the F&D! Can't wait to be able to parttake in this myself!!!! Looks like hella fun, in the air AND on the ground!

keep jumping, it should be no problem to hit 200 by next year's flock n dock. see you there!