helldog

Need Info On Vigil

Source?

More importantly, who cares?

The unit is not available for sale, is not in production.

The units that are currently in the field are test units. I'd be very surprised if there were NOT multiple missfires of TEST units.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Hey, good point, there are test units for a reason.
But kimgriffin has already said that production of the Vigil has started.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

I was pretty sure, yep just checked their site, this unit IS for sale (at least you can order it off of the website, and they list their US dealers).

Might not actually be shipping, but it has been for sale (could be ordered) for the last few months.

I was pretty sure, yep just checked their site, this unit IS for sale (at least you can order it off of the website, and they list their US dealers).

Might not actually be shipping, but it has been for sale (could be ordered) for the last few months.

Could you post a link to the web site please.

Thanks.

;)

Yves.

Well, the first units should have been shipping by the end of june, when i was still in the market for an AAD (THEN their website info). Then the "test unit" misfire happened and all these "ridiculous" issues with Airtech (why do they stop/delay production if so ridiculous?).

I have been jumping at a major belgian DZ for the last two years, and there were always people interested in it there, nobody has ever seen a unit yet.

The only person i know of who received some is JP from square1 (DZ.com name diablopilot). search for Vigil and him in author name to read his review.

Good look not to select the "Tandem" setting by the way! ;)
Competition is good, but i like leaving testing to others, no pun intended!

Hope we see some real competition in the market soon!
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

In Vigils defence, starting up a new company with a R&D program, Dealer network, Production line, Distribution network, Advrotizing campaine, and service program on a world wide level is very complex.

Timelines that were projected to reserve add space in advance are not very understanding when a glitch is descovered in testing or a legal action brought on by a company trying to protect there intrest in the market.

Kim said it right when she refered to all the little and big details that are being taken care of. There is no advantage in rushing production and distrbution when everything is not right. The customer will lost in the end as well as the company.

We all have recently seen what happens when a company is rushed to put a new product on the market befor it is ready. Any extry time that is taken to ensure that the product and process is working right will result in a beter product and happer customer in the end.

The issue with lack of info is understandable sence the owners are out of country, (language difference and they are dealing with new company stuff), and the US division has just been started. After wich some one has done a good job (to me anyway) ansuring questions that had been posted.

I am sure they wanted to have the market flooded with them by now. But if the entire system is not right they could dround in the flood!

No worries about being a test jumper. What the mass skydiving public does not realize is that the Vigil is not some new concept thought up in a bar in Belgium earlier this year. The engineering company that created the Vigil has specialized in remote control and activation devices way before the Vigil came about. It has supplied companies such as Xerox, OCE, Fluxys, Electrabel and Gasunie. Two of the engineers - now the owners of the company that makes the Vigil - also happen to be skydivers.

The Vigil has been in testing for approx. four years. Production models are now available. As I said above, they are just starting to come in to Vigil USA (the US/Canada/S Amer. distribuor).

My life is priceless to me - worth much more than the salary I make - and I'll be taking out my Cypres and installing a Vigil ASAP.

Have a great weekend all. If you're in Fla, then I know you will. It's blue as can be today.
-Kimberly Griffin

I still want a Vigil. I won't put it in my wifes rig, but I will pull out my cypress 2 and put that in hers while I take the new gear. Would have bought one 2 months ago had there been any type of customer service at all.

My comment was more directed at AndyMan saying that the units were not for sale and all of our complaints were baseless. No, all of the complaints were more than valid. They were advertising in Parachutist (big deal here in the states) and their web site was accepting orders. Had the web site told everyone that there wasn't a price yet, and it wasn't in production, and that they were working on details then we would have no reason to complain.

As it stands they have some ground to make up. I think Kim is doing an oustanding job as their representative and I hope that she finishes catching up the ground that was lost to hard feelings about a company that wasn't as ready as they would have liked everyone to believe.

Kim if you read this, please PM me on where I should order this unit out here on the west coast, and if I should even do so for the next few months.

Thanks.

My life is priceless to me - worth much more than the salary I make - and I'll be taking out my Cypres and installing a Vigil ASAP.

If you didn't work for Vivil USA, would you still take out your Cypress before the end of its life?

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

If you didn't work for Vivil USA, would you still take out your Cypress before the end of its life?

Having seen and talked with the USA rep about this new unit I will be the first to say that I will gladly replace my cypress unit with a Vigil unit as soon as they are available to the general public. Until then, I think the masses need to be patient and let the company finish dotting the "I"s and crossing the "T"s
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Having seen and talked with the USA rep about this new unit I will be the first to say that I will gladly replace my cypress unit with a Vigil unit as soon as they are available to the general public.

Why?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Why...

I will be replacing my CYPRES with a Vigil because I want to support competition (and my CYpres expired a few months ago. I do not believe in a fixed life, I operate airplanes that are airworthy based on condition. I've spent many dollars on maintenance and repair on airplanes as old as ...1941... and condition says "still airworthy".

(shit I love DC-3's)

Now we have something that can perform same operation. As Skydivers, we have a choice... and yes, it is about money (I work in the industry, so that's very important to me).

My current Cypres (that expired) is in my Flexon (serial number 0013!), Cypres installed by Airtec in Germany. I have never fired my CYpres, but have seen many lives saved by aad's including a recent tailstrike at my DZ. The need is not disputed. In fact, the need for a backup device is very much recognized by me.

Remember, Burger Chef was replaced by McDonalds... McDonalds now dominates the market, but I sure do like the new Hardee's burgers....

It only gets better... competition is the impetus for improvement.

Welcome Vigil! Good Luck starting a new company in a small, yet highly competitive market. This looks great for all of us in our little community.

Chris

Having seen and talked with the USA rep about this new unit I will be the first to say that I will gladly replace my cypress unit with a Vigil unit as soon as they are available to the general public.

Why?

-
Jim

My reasons/circumstance are in line with ground Zero's. I also feel that it's an improved product that will ultimately trigger growth and subsequently better prices for everyone in skydiving.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING