c10edges

Crazy Idea

Hey i know this is a crazy idea and really don't know that much about wingsuits other than i can not wait till i can jump one. Today i was riding in a helicopter thinking nothing other than jumping out of it then a really weird idea came into my head. I got the idea of towing a wingsuit like a wakeboarder behind a boat. You would be slowly vertically lowered from the cabin to the bottom of the rope and then the pilot would start going forward and the person would wear some special attachment to his suite and would fly around be able to and cutaway if needed. I dont know if this is would be legally or physically possible because my lack of knowledge of how wingsuites work and FAA regs. Mostly i was wondering if this has popped into anyone else's head??

You will have too much up and down movements which are too difficult to control . . .even with all comp. jet ski safety equip. it was very painful B|
Speed was about 30 mph,no chance to give signs to boat driver

don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

There is a video out there where an experienced flyer tried this from an airplane.

Short version: It did not work and nearly knocked him out.

Joe Jennings (highly skilled skydiver) did the same thing with a camera-suit, and ended up 'surfing' behind the plane nicely.

Felix Baumgartner (highly..ehm..advertised skydiver) did it, and nearly destroyed a nice WWII bomber in the process of trying.

I think Felix went with an attachment to the rings on the harnas (normal riser attachment), and Jennings had a hip or chest attachment (lower on the body).

Jennings also had a small plane (C172 if I remember correctly) and did it at slower airspeeds first.

Definately lots of room for experimentation if you have a good insurance policy and dont use antique aircraftB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Since getting a wingsuit the first question my whuffo family and friends usually ask is how hard it is to land. The second question they usually ask is if they could tow me behind a boat or car.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

quiet you two, we all know it was the Egyptians who first tried it by running down pyramid to get lift.... or maybe that was wingsuit ski base without a canopy... hmmm... my research continues.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

quiet you two, we all know it was the Egyptians who first tried it by running down pyramid to get lift.... .. hmmm... my research continues.

that disciplin was called Pharaonauti :|
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM