shropshire

Beginner Suit? (2008)

Hi,

Following on from a question raised in the "Tony Suit" thread. Could you please provide some pro's and cons of these beginner suits?

Thanks,

The pro's on an Intro.
The arm wing is designed so that you wont have any interference going for the hacky, plus at pull time your arm movement isn't restricted like in a Reg wingsuit, to pull in an Intro is more like a reg pull without a wingsuit, ie a full salute like move,

Though its possible to fly an Intro in a standard flat fly position, (Ive seen someone do it, he was in a full on boxman/frog position) its also easy to know where your hands need to be when "tracking"
it has a big leg wing for a student suit so its possible to "get going across the sky"

the only "con" I can think of is when backflying if you have your butt down, as is common to do, you dont feel the wing at the hip and as the arm inflation is weak when flying butt low you dont feel like your in a wingsuit apart from the flapping arm, this improves when you get your butt up,
Oh and you dont get the pop after breaking off from the flock like you do in a bigger suit
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to buy a beginner suit in order to start wingsuiting. There are loads of instructors with their own beginner suits which they can provide for your first few flights, after which you'll be in a position to step up to something with a bit more oomph.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Cons - you'll be spending a lot of money on a new suit you'll want to replace soon after.

Though I think Tony Suits has a trade in program so that's a big benefit for going with them.

I just saw that Buy-Back option:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Could you please suggest where I could learn? (I'm going to try EMp next weekend but I've also heard that Gap may be a good choice).

Also, when would expect someone to mover on past a beginners suit?

(.)Y(.)

Why travel abroad? Why not come up to Skydive Airkix in Peterborough for the weekend?

We'll get you trained up, and can then help you with your progression :)

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Cheers mate... The only think that stops me going to Sibson is my jump numbers and the BPA requirements... (Sibson is just up the road from me so I'd gladly jump tere again).

(.)Y(.)

Still a big fan of the Classic (II)..buy it cheep...play with it...learn to really fly before you strap on big wings and become a lazy flocker..B| and then sell it for the same few $$ yu bought it for...

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The problem with second-haqnd suits is getting the fit anywhere near right... being and normal:P sized person (short and chunky)

As long as its a true 'fit' problem, and not one of those pussies who blame a 1cm size 'problem' with a suit for their inability to fly their body...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We're going to sib when you get back......that is all!

We can fight about currency, jump numbers, bpa, blah blah blah when we get there...I have a suit to jump. :P
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

O.K if you insist. We also need to get down to see Jakee too (at Nethers).... When I get back from Emp' we have some travelling to do before you piss of back to the dark side.

(.)Y(.)

Why not bring jakee when you come to SibKix? Saves two journeys, plus we have a bigger flock... ;)

Would love to, but believe me it's a damn long way from somerset to sibkix when you don't have a carB|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?