Heffro1

Mirage SM1

Very nice suit. I saw it while at the PR Boogie. The fabric is interesting. Almost like polycotton with a ripstop cross thread in it.

Jeff, what is the fabric?

All the graphics are sublimated, yes??
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

the suit has an outside skin of ripstop polyester then theres an inner layer of 210 parapack for strenth, the artwork is Sublimation and is best done on Polyester as the heat needed melts nylon,

on the machine in the building next to my shop anyway
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

It slows your vertical to 15mph.....14 if your flaring ;)

Oh Great another time to travel down the road of "Fantastic Numbers" but no Data to back it up! :)

Scott C.

Data from wrist mounted Alti-Track. Wingsuit jump number 18 in Tony Intro showing flare to 14 mph at +24 seconds. It thought I deployed! Crazy data? I don't know. My other WS jumps seem accurate.
BTW: Jump 23: 134 seconds of flight. Hurray!
But what do I know?

Thats awesome..the feeling of a good flair rocks.

Its especialy awesome when seen from under a canopy or by another flyer. You can actually get the wingsuit to stand upright (like a space shuttle coming in for a landing)

With practice, flares can be as slow as 5 mph without the naptune/protrack/altitrack switching off. If you do the transition from diving to full flight/flare smooth enough, it doesnt register as an opening, and the device keeps logging.

Its even cooler if you manage to time that flare with a canopy flyby. Though definately not something you'd want to try at a low experience level.

Check SoulFlyers 1 (DVD) for Loic doing some awesome flaired flybys past a CRW stack (even climbing relative to the canopies).

Do note that turning your head or flying through someones burble can also cause weird spikes in the readings of sayd devices..

Depening on how much trust is put into logging devices and claims without the aid of those (or results that go past the logging abilities) some people have reported actually climbing/gaining altitude from high speed dives/flares (knowing one person who has made that claim a few times, without ever showin any phisical proof though:P as always with those kind of 'records':S)

Though not outside of the real of possibility of course..

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?