scottygofast

Scottygofast's Wingsuit Pics NOW updated and online~

Hey everyone, Sorry this has taken so long to happen, but the long await is finally over. Most all F&D 3.5, Chicks Rock, Our recent Turkey flock, are all uploaded and everything else will be up in the next week or so. Still under construction, so dont laugh too hard, but hey the pics are up. let me know what you guys think!

scottygofast.smugmug.com

Mabye one of you more tecnically savvy dudes out there can add a clicky for me, since HTML is like greek to me, hence the wait. thanks all, and more pics and video to be online soon!!!

Blue Skys to all

Scotty B.
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Who is flying what looks to be a zip on Wing extender for that Blue wing/White body S3?? You can see it in the Thurs section in the pic 9299 as well as in some previous and a few after. Looks like a shackle at the ankle?? It looks undone on rt side but attached ion left in pic 9294

The zip on extensions seem to be doubling the surface area but flying non-maxed makes it look fairly useless while creating a huge level of drag. I did not note that suit in the later pictures so it had me wondering, what is the deal

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

he tried alot of interesting combinations with that suit this summer. when flown max, it was impressive. it did not seem to bother him to much when flown dirty.

Justin

Flock U

Putting that much extra surface I would imagine would have an effect. Did he every post any pictures of it? Also they look to just zip off, interesting idea but that looks like it would make a SM1 look like a small wing suit. Do you know if it was dual layer or a non inflating single layer..

Really just curious as I like seeing the ideas that people come up with then bring to the table. What is the definition of impressive?

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

You like that?
THAT, is my final answer to all the bickering about fallrates everyone is doing in the "to all tony series 2 owners" thread and the one suit in existence I'm pretty sure Jeff can't outfloat. Its a supermodified S6, singleskin triwing/monowing hybrid prototype that does some interesting things when you pull it tight. I KNOW the new tony stuff will deliver steady mid-20's cruise... because THAT thing got fallrates too low to measure directly without resorting to timing the video, and a number of dives where my Neptune never registered freefall at all till I folded the wings to pitch. The manufacturer refused to give me a straight answer when I asked how slow do you have to descend to do that to a Neptune. I'm not aware of anyone ever managing to do that before, but I expect the tony suits will soon. The shackle arrangement was for tuning, the design was incredibly sensitive to tensioning and fit. Allow half an inch too much length or too little and it doesn't do much for you, get it just right and it delivered steady stable flight in the low 20's to high teens till my arms give out. Its a 4-minute suit from 14k in theory (3 minute flights in less than 10,000 feet, do the math) but I could never manage to keep flying efficiently that long, arms always gave out by 220 seconds or so. Flies ok dirty, I wound up flying that thing for half the summer in all kinds of small flocks, but the snag hazard posed by the hardware makes it too dangerous to fly in large "full-contact sport" flocks which is why it was only seen flying at the edge of a flock once at 3.5.
The rigger I was working with quit the project which has slowed me down a bit but some of that stuff I built myself at home, so expect to see more weird stuff coming out of the northeast next year. Nothing was published about it cause I didn't want to make a big deal out of it till I knew it worked and besides, if Jari saw what I'd done to his nice clean efficient suit design he'd strangle me on sight. There were a couple extreme variants on that suit that were almost lethally unflyable, but I flew them anyway. Justin flew chase on some of those test flights, scary stuff, mostly chasing dead ends, you'd be amazed at the stuff you'd think would work...and didn't.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

you'd be amazed at the stuff you'd think would work...and didn't.

...there is no truth to the rumors that some of the "stuff" Lurch is referring to was related in anyway to his 2 trips to the hospital B| in a 12 hour period over the summer....these were unfortunate and unrelated events. :ph34r:

No prob, ill see if i cant get that on tonite or tomorrow, goin to do a shuttle jump tomorrow with scott mike and matt so mabye have somethin else to post too... tell me what yall think of this fogged out shot that i got on a sunset load... too bad for the fog, but still pretty cool...

Blue skies

Scotty

Pics From the pepperell boogie are now up... from friday and saturday, sunday's pics will be up in an hour or so, just finishin uploading fridays and saturdays~ soon to follow is everywhere else we were this year, summerfest, skyfest, Tiki, Sebastian, comoniwannaleiu, and god knows where else.. keep on checkin.. still tryin to figure out how to get movies and vids up there~ somone should start a link for all the vids out there and have em all in one common place.. anyways.. enjoy~

Scotty

one suit in existence I'm pretty sure Jeff can't outfloat.

Ah but do you remember getting the head start on me, with two big cameras on my head, and i caught up to you to get those shots of your mal. ;)

i will admit you were hauling ass, one of the fastest suits i have flown against.

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Thanks, Jeff. That thing wasn't intended for fast, but if you had to work to catch it, I got it. But I said outfloat, not outrun. That jump, I WAS trying to see if I could outrun you in it, or at least make you work to catch it. I can't wait for my next chance to fly it with you cause I want to know... If I fly for float instead of fast... can you catch it? I never did get a chance to try that. At the very least, I'll give you the toughest fallrate battle of your career. B|
If you've also fooled your neptune till pull time though, I am in deep shit and should build a better suit before I get my ass dusted.
Glide ratio was nothing spectacular, best of about 2.4ish depending on winds and GPS accuracy. The increased drag factor really shows at high horizontal speeds, much of the outer corners become ineffective and just vibrate furiously. I did notice it tended to encourage me to slow down and not try to force the suit up to high speeds, and once it was stabilized in balloon mode the GR went through the roof by conservation effect, same forward speed as always but 25% less fallrate. I couldn't get home that FAST, but could cover the distance easier and with less altitude loss by being patient and tilting over a bit headdown from max float, just enough to get a nudging kind of easygoing thrust. With that thing, its ALL about the hangtime. Most flocks, at breakoff it gave godlike power to climb above the flock, but get left behind in the process. If I fly floaty all the way home from breakoff I arrive dead last, but go further, although how much of that is low pull, only Justin could tell you, if he did it too, but we all know Justin would NEVER come play at breakoff... The massive increase in area completely destroyed the subtleties of the S-6 design that make that suit a joy to fly, though. All the tiny tweaks of body position that delivered low-30's in the stock suit don't work with the big wings on, but now brute force gets me there, and way, way beyond, and I don't need all those ninja tricks to do it. Although I lost a lot of the finer points, the overwhelming brute force effect of the mod far more than made up for the loss in efficiency and make it easy to get low-30's even with piss-poor technique, 20's and teens at best. Now when I fly with the big wings off, the 6 feels tiny and easy on the arms and SO much more refined, but so much less powerful. I didn't fully appreciate how well a 6 is designed till I ruined it. Wrecked the gas mileage and handling, but hey, it stays up longer...:S

SCOTTY! Sorry about the thread hijack, I didn't start it, but its somehow my fault anyway. Anybody else wants to talk suit hacking, we can start a new thread or something. Your pics are awesome. I still feel horrible about the bite switch incident. After that, would you believe I spend all day every day fixing industrial robots? And no, it doesn't involve cylindrical blocks of concrete.
-B

Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Lurch if you can't outfloat me in that suit then you should start knitting, cause you weigh 135lbs (61.23kg) and I am 178lbs (80.73kg) and your suit goes to your ankles, mine to my knees. But we will see just what you have next time we fly together;) perhaps it will be the toughest fallrate battle of my career aside from flying with my girlfreind who weighs 115lbs (52.16kg) and has 3000 more jumps than me, on her second jump it took everthing I had to keep up with her and she wasn't flying the suit for everything it had yet[:/]. You are a floaty bastard in the s6 without the godzilla mod:P

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/