nikejumper

First Jump!!!!!!!

OK so made my first WS jump yesterday and man it was freaken awesome!!!! to bad weather is kinda crappy today. tomorrow i will be back at the DZ

Here are some stats
Exit -9,000
Open -5,000
Freefall time -47sec.
average -73mph
min - 65-68mph (I had to do some math to figure it out soooo...
wing suit - Birdman GTI

I didnt think it was too bad for my first flight!!

let me know what you guys think
Is it saturday yet?

Nice flight! Congrats on your first flight and welcome to the flock!

If you want coaching and you are in central Virginia let me know. You can find me at Skydive Orange.
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Nice!
Got my first one in today, was a blast. Same suit, Birdman GTI.
My stats:
Exit-12522
Deploy-4600
Freefall-76 seconds
Avg 81mph (according to Altitrack) but that math doesn't quite work out with speed/altitudes.
You did a lot better than I did.
Linetwists due to bad body at deployment wasn't as hard to deal with as I'd anticipated.

Avg 81mph (according to Altitrack) but that math doesn't quite work out with speed/altitudes.
You did a lot better than I did.
Linetwists due to bad body at deployment wasn't as hard to deal with as I'd anticipated.

Perhaps it shows the speed in Skydiver airspeed (SAS)? With SAS, the speed isn't altitude/time anymore.

Anyway, what's the deal with presenting flight time and speed on your first flights? Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but the first flight is about practicing pulls and emergency procedures, not getting record speeds compared to other first time flyers...

Anyway, what's the deal with presenting flight time and speed on your first flights?

Because it's new and exciting? Focusing on stability and practice pulls most people will still record lower vert speeds than ever before - and that's cool.

Lighten up:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Anyway, what's the deal with presenting flight time and speed on your first flights? Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but the first flight is about practicing pulls and emergency procedures, not getting record speeds compared to other first time flyers...

Maybe because the data is there anyway so why not look at it in comparison to other jumps? Because it's fun? Or perhaps because it provides feedback about how your body position affected the way you flew?
I wasn't on the jump to see how long I could stay up, nor to see how fast/slow I could go. I was there to experience a wingsuit jump, and one byproduct of that is that the Altitrack records the jump.
Jumptrack records/displays both TAS and SAS. The speed reported is TAS.

So I made 2 more jump on my GTI and they went great!!! great openings, exit, and I could see myself covering some ground!!
it kind of takes a little getting used to the fact that your altimeterdoes not move as fast as it does when you are free flying, not a bad thing at all...

Cant wait till next weekend!!!
Is it saturday yet?

Welcome to the flock brother !!!

The best way now to make leaps in your skills is to attend some of the wingsuit events this fall.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

nice work spot, I'll have to come out to erda and flock with you soon!
ghost comes tomorrow . . .

Nice, please do! Faris is letting me borrow his GTI until I get a few jumps under my belt and can play with the bigger wings. I'm sure you can show me some cool stuff. Between you, Bryan, Cutter, and the other wingsuiters, I'm definitely in a position to learn a lot.

Maybe because the data is there anyway so why not look at it in comparison to other jumps? Because it's fun?

I don't mean to suggest that you shouldn't look at it and that it can't be a great deal of fun to notice a much larger freefall time than in previous jumps, I'm just questioning the practice of sharing it. I'm quite sure someone will not practice their pull & emergency procedures just to get a better "first flight time" because of it. [:/]

Or perhaps because it provides feedback about how your body position affected the way you flew?

But that should not be relevant to the first flight, should it?

Jumptrack records/displays both TAS and SAS. The speed reported is TAS.

Sorry, forgot to add that the Altitrack measures the average of the distance/time from 15 seconds after exit to 7 seconds prior to deployment. Perhaps Jumptrack does the same?

And to add what I forgot in the last post; congratulations!