mccordia

GoFast Xwing - (tandem wingsuit)

After the contestjumps, we tried a tandem-wingsuit dive.
Jokinly dubbed the Xwing project!

With the slight sideways movement between tandemmaster and passenger, it proved to be a bit fo a challenge to keep it flying straight and on heading. But all in all an awesome sight (and a cool flyby after openingB|)

Both TM and passenger are highly experienced wingsuit pilots and base/skydivers

Here's some framegrabs from the video..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Its already been done several times before.
At Texel, a few years back (when 'my classic II flies much further then your classic I' was the only debate possible:P) for a Dutch (science) TV program. With the TV host being the passenger.
And if you do a search on this forum, you'll also find some mentions from earlyer attempts by other people.

Just havent seen a lot of video/stills online, but its been done before..

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It was also done at last years AN-72 boogie. In fact, the picture on this years Boogie poster is of the tandem Birdman exiting the AN-72.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

No your wrong.Last year in Cochstedt was a double wingsuit.I don't now who the tandemmaster was but i know the passenger and she was in a wingsuit as was the tandemmaster
If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes???
My logbook

i've done something like this (not tandem) but going out and flying kinda stacked on top and also stacked but the top person is laying in the leg wing.
the top person doesn't have much air flow or control if the person below had the same sized or similar sized wings. wouldn't it prove more benefical to have the below in a classic or something?

cool to try it tho. a funny sight
B|

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

It has been already discussed before in 2003. (http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=638806;)

Among others...

***Robert Pecnik and Nenad Pesut made WS tandem jump on 17.6.2000. in Vrsar (Croatia). Robert had Skyflyer prototype and Nenad had Classic WS. They jumped from 4000 meters, freefall was without drouge till 1500 meters and opening at 1200 meters.
As they said, jump was fun, without problem, very easy and they felt some lift during FF. ***

I don't now who the tandemmaster was but i know the passenger and she was in a wingsuit as was the tandemmaster

Thats correct, she was wearing one of my demo suits.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING