someday

Quick question regarding impact suit

...I also did video when fastpete jumped that suit in LB and the footage can be seen in Impact trailer in BM website.

Where is that video? I can't find it.

Thanks,

Gus

Hey Gus,

It doesen't seem to be on BM website anymore but you can find it from skydiving movies, http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3989.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

One of my friend is jumping it. He can have 60 seconds of track from 4000m. He claims that it gives him 10 extra seconds. It has a decent quality, but I think its more cool than useful.

Seems more like a skill problem.
We did flocking jumps in Empuria brava from 4000 meters, easely getting 85 seconds of freefall time (with a first timer flying it, no previous wingsuit experience) flying distances/speeds comparable to what people are doing in classics.

http://www.flylikebrick.com/minishowcase/galleries/05_2006_empuria_brava/impact_03_web.jpg
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The result? He did have some stability issues (random turns and extreme potato chipping) on his first 3 jumps but he handled it well.

I wouldn't consider random turns and extreme potato chipping as a stress-free flight. I wouldn't say that putting anyone with that level of experience in a tracking suit or Prodigy was the best idea ever either.
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

What are thoughts about someone with my jump numbers flying an impact bird man suit, as a precursor to wing suit flying?

majority of my jumps have been tracking jumps for the specific reason of becoming a flying squirrel.

ive seen mixed responses about skill level required and how easy/hard they are to fly.

so what are your thoughts on my current jump numbers, or waiting till about 100 jumps?

thanks

I don't think it's unreasonable for a guy at your level to jump a tracking suit.
One time a guy showed up at our dz with 45 jumps and a Prodigy. He flew it fine.
I'm not saying everybody just off student status should be jumping these things, but it worked out for that guy.

If your dz doesn't care and you think you can do it, then go do it.

You should check out the Corvus from EG Suits though. It's a pretty slick set up and it costs a couple hundred dollars less than the Impact.

Have fun, don't die...
;)

I recently gave my Prodigy to a guy with 78 jumps. He did 35 jumps in Phoenix tracking pants & jacket before and pulled several times from full flight, imitated wingsuit exits, etc.

Update: he now has 20 WS jumps and is consistently getting 2+ minute flights in Prodigy from 13.5K to ~5K. (he's about 6'3" and 200+ lbs.)

:)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

As long as things go OK, they tend to go OK.

He's probably (hopefully) beyond that point now, but if he had experienced a flatspin, a blown wing, or just a bootie coming off early on, he might have proven why you may not need many jumps, but do need to be free in the air and able to handle excrement hitting spinning things.
Johan.
I am. I think.