phoenixlpr

How can I improve my back flying?

First work on learning to fly on your back completely stretched out.
With the legwing halfway closed.

When you start to learn how to backfly, the legwing tends to overpoweri the armwings. Causing you to dip headdown.

Dont look at your own body/toes (sitting up a bit) like you do in this video, but throw your head and shoulder back.

Once you get this flying stable for a long ime (and not just a few seconds) slowly work on opening up the legwing more and more.

Once you're able to fly completely opened up. Then start looking around. And even sitting up a bit, you'll still be able to fly it all open.

Once you get to that stage, learn to fly on your back with other people, instead of passive backflying, them flying to you, learn to navigate and fly towards people.

If you flop around, up and down a bit, dont start to counter the wobbling. This will always be your reaction to something that happened a few seconds ago. Only making the movement worse. Kinda resembling Pilot-induced oscillation (PIO) (or pilot-aircraft-coupling) that you see in normal aviation.

And dont forget to smile...(which is important, as a relaxed position flies better..being tense, tends to cause wobbling etc)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

How can I improve my transition to backflying, not loosing so much altitude?

Transition

Make sure you make the move as a roll. Dont 'dive' into your backflying.

Also initiate a little upward push as you flip over.
If you look at the last video I posted at skydivingmovies (FJC) you see me do a flip to my back, without loosing any altitude.
You can also see the little upward push, before rolling over, if you look at the backflying video at www.flylikebrick.com

You 'push' with one arm, while you roll over the other one.
Make sure you tuck that arm in a bit. And you dont stay on your side too long. Its the wings that are carrying you. If they are away too long, your torso wil start to drop.

Looking at your video, the iggest issue is the bending at the waist. Causing your feet to get flung up in the air, and because of that, dropping you down a bit.

First perfecting a complete barrelroll without altitude loss is ussualy the best excersise...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?