LouDiamond

Stunt junkies-Rocket man

Visa Parviainen will be on the Discovery channel 10:00pm (EST) tonight. He will be flying the new Blade wingsuit with rockets attached and a goal of 5 minutes of flight time. Picture HERE
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

He will be flying the new Blade wingsuit with rockets attached and a goal of 5 minutes of flight time.

If he is trying for 5 minutes why wouldn't he use a suit with better characterists such as (to stay with your birdman suit) the S6

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

He has been doing the micro turbine + WS thing for over three years. I saw the setup while the show was filming at Perris. I didn't know the goal was 5 min flights. That rig looked like it was ready for V-tol, now thats what I want to see! Forget landing a WS lift off from the deck thats the ticket.

I was rather unimpressed after watching the show. Yes, I know it would impress any whuffo.

Their goal was a 5 min flight and I think they achieved 1m55s or so. Man, any good WS pilot can achieve those numbers with glide only from 13k. Although they didn't mention any distance covered or glide ratio on the show. I guess if they did 4-5 minutes with some portion of flight straight & level I would be more enthusiastic.

-Chris-
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Their goal was a 5 min flight and I think they achieved 1m55s or so.

I watched the show (i.e. TIVO Fast forward through most of it) and was under the impression that it was 1m55s of level flight....

Right? Not delay?

Cool stuff non-the-less.... remember how far the wirhgt brothers flew initially...

_justin

HMM, I am guessing that the restricted airspace around Perris might have had something to do with their dropping the exit to 7,500 instead of full altitude. With that in mind, exit at 7,500, start engines 1,500 feet later gives you from 6,000 to lets say 2,000( I didn't catch an opening altitude) for a total of 4,000 feet to fly. Given that short amount of altitude to fly and the amount of time he was aloft, I think had he had full altitude (and space) he very well could do 5 mins before having to pull.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

anybody has horizontal speeds available ?

had he had full altitude (and space) he very well could do 5 mins before having to pull.

he would still have to glide till around 6-7k Ft ASL to be able to start the turbines...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It appeared that he opened over the AFB museum... which is about 9 miles away from the dropzone. If somebody DVR'd it, try and get a frame grab from when he was trapped on the other side of a fence.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.