Bengel

S-Fly Access vs. PF Prodigy vs. Matter Tracer Wingsuit

I've been reading many threads but I think no one really summerizes the main differences between the above-named beginner wingsuits (btw: is there any other ws for beginners?).
So I thought we could create an article about performance, design, field reports, maybe even some inflight data. etc.
Feel free to post!
-Chris-
I'm a British nanny, and I'm dangerous!

I made around 10 jumps on each , I had around 130 jumps for the Access and 180 for the Prodigy.
I found the Access to be more comfortable and newbie friendly. On my first flight on the Prodigy I expected nothing but a slightly more performing Access.
I was wrong. I found the Prodigy to be very different in the it flies, much more sensitive to body input, much more twicthier and therefore I wasn't able to extract better perfomance.

My guess is the Access maybe a better choice for jumper with fewer jumps, and the Prodigy for people with a bit more experience willing to discover "real" wingsuit with a standard body position.

This my humble beginner opinion....

PS: I received a security briefing for each, but wasn't followed by an instructor in flight...

Hya,

I mostly freefly however a while ago at empuria xmas boogie 04 i jumped wingsuit for my first time....it was an access and i was instantly hooked..........right away i bought one...as for performance i have smoked someone who had a birdman gti........yes smoked him..........if I normaly jump from 12'500 i can fly a pattern and do a few barrel roles when i get to 5k i let go of the wings and drop for about 500 feet before pulling..........I average at 100 secs fft..............i'm good mates with cedric from matter and i think that his MTR3 is the dogs bollocks....as a matter of fact my next wingsuit will be a MTR3 but with regards to his tracer or anyone elses starter suit .......i firmly beleive that they are wasting their time.........the access is the best starter suit by far.......it's safe.....and it performs......and everytime people comment on it as a "baby suit" i tell them that this can smoke a GTI........:)
I havent come here to protect him from you........i'm here to protect you from HIM.....

(btw: is there any other ws for beginners?).
-Chris-

The Classic I/II from Birdman is also a common beginner-suit, that can be picked up second hand quite easy and at cheep prices too (I've seen them sold for 200 to 250 euros, 2nd hand)

It's a bit funny that a design that was called advanced a few years back, is now 'merely' a beginner-suit:P
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Access - 100 jumps (current)
Prodigy - wingsuit requirements
Matter - ?? anyone know? (guessing between 50-100).

Take those recommendations with a grain of salt...not everyone progresses at the same rate so splitting hairs between 50 and 100 or even 200 jumps is not worth the effort IMO. It's a judgement call...for instance if you've spent a lot of time tracking or if an instructor has confidence in you, if you tense up a lot or if you are actively downsizing you may find that your personal requirements vary.
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

Jump numbers definitely aren't a perfect representation of someone's skill level or suitableness as a WS student, but they're a passable guide if you don't have the time/money/opportunity to take someone through a dedicated prep program. The difference between 50 and 200 jumps is huge, as is the difference between 200 jumps and 2000. Some people do great with low numbers, and some do awful with high numbers, but as a rule, more jumps is better. Also, what's the hurry? Just do the damn jumps.

Ted
Like a giddy school girl.