unclecharlie95

G'day from the Picton wingsuit boogie, Australia

G'day from Picton DZ in Australia!

The wingsuit boogie is going great, the flocks are getting larger and tighter by the day. Best so far has been a 13 way, but we have many more pilots on the DZ so let see... ;)

Rod and the Picton DZ have laid on an awesome boogie, we have a skyvan, T.Otter, Beaver and PAC 750, cool events in the evenings and FREE BEER every night B|

FFCs have also been in demand, with over 30 students so far :)
Glen and Heather are here training with their V1s for BASE Climb 3 (check out www.baseclimb.com) so we have been doing some nice high performance small ways together with PFI Jimmy Freeman.

Attached are a few photos from the jumps so far.

Long flights,

James
BASEstore.it

Hey James,

Many thanks for the flights - it was great to have some fun flocks at Picton! It was great fun to chase you after breakoff on the larger flocks! ;)

Many thanks for the use of that Demo Phantom as it was a nice change from my S3!

Trust that you enjoyed the trip and hope you and Tif get in some touristy things before heading home.

Cheers,

Darren & Tanya
"Don't blame malice for what stupidity can explain."

"In our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart and in our despair, against our will comes wisdom" - Aeschylus

Well wingsuit fans, What a Boogie...

Fantastic jumps, fun people, crazy activities, a nest full of new skills, thrills and excitement!

45 NEW FLOCKERS, Aussie 11 WAY FLOCK record and a SKYVAN FULL OF BIRDS!!!

A big Thank You to Robert from Phoenix-Fly for sending James and Tiff for our boogie, they were more than great... James for his relentless energy for running yet another FFC and his timeless help for anyone with even the most oddest question. And Tiff, your happiness and your willingness to help everyone was priceless, sorry bout the heat, and for making you use the PA... you accent was too nice not too.

And Robert, your suits are amazing!

Id also like to thank all the instructors who came along and helped in so many ways, Jimmy Freeman, Neil Fergie, Greg and Elaine Cox, Darren Griggs, Heather and Glen Singleman.

It was inspiring to see Heather and Glen testing their oxygen and comms systems on our flights, also jet boy Tim with his designs for his jet boots.

The future looks amazing... where will all this go?

Congratulations to all those on the 11 way, pics to come...

Id also like to thank Jii-Wings for providing the GS1. Ive had about 50 jumps on it now and have found for flocking and camera, even from the worst position, I was able to get into my slot everytime. Its a lot of fun...

Finally to all those who travelled far and wide I thank you for making this the biggest and best wingsuit boogie in Aus! And with 45 new flockers the future looks great...

BTW... Easter Anyone?

Well the boogie is over :( but everyone had a great time. B|

Thanks to everyone at Picton DZ, Rod, Jimmy and everyone who attended for making this event so successful and fun.

In the end we conducted nearly 50 FFCs, the largest formation attempted was a 17 way with 2 cameramen, unfortunately it didn't build in time. As Rod said we still broke the existing record with an 11 way :)
I will post some more photos soon.

Until the next time :)
Long flights,

James & Tiphaine
BASEstore.it

James,

Yes, a great time was had by all - and I hope the warm 46C on New Years Day didn't have too much of an impact on you and Tif.

I just wanted to thank and congratulate you and Tif on a fantastic effort. Your endless enthusiasm and energy was infectious. Fanbloodytastic!

It was a pity we lost the last two days to the weather. Otherwise, what a great boogie.

Blue Skies,

fergs
BMCI
;)

Thanks to Rocket and James for organising it.
I did my FFC with Greg and Elaine Cox and they were absolutely fantastic. Two VERY cool peopleB|
I ended up doing 5 flights and was on the big way, but alas it was probably a little too ambitious for me:ph34r:

Thanks very much to Fergie for the loan of his GTI, it was a blast to play withB|

I'm in the process of scoping out cost and colours for a Firebird, but the wife doesn't know yet:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Purple and Yellow, but the birdman site doesn't have a colouring program for the firebird:(

just use the GTI model. It's the basically the same thing for color patter except for the inlet binding tape and wing shape.

i've been curious how they choose the wing mesh and binding tape. It's either black or white and have seen different choices on different suits.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

You're both welcome anytime.

Edited to add:Hopefully I'll be healthy and actually able to jump with you next time!!
xj

"I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with the earth...but then I wouldn't recommend picking a fight with a car either, and that's having tried both."

You're both welcome anytime.

Edited to add:Hopefully I'll be healthy and actually able to jump with you next time!!

Next time you had better say HI or I'll take it personal like,
Thanks for the Pic james, any chance of a higher res version of the group pic:):ph34r:
I'm behine Fergs Jas, with the bottle blond hair:o:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hey man,

Nice to meet you and cheers for all the demo's. i gotta order a tracking suit soon so i can get my 2min's! didnt end up getting enough time to use it again after the 1min40 flight.

See you in europe later in the year =)

Life is Great. Even Greater what we do with it.