LukeH

Prodigy Thoughts

Update : 19-Feb-2006.

Not much to report data wise, neither can I say how much ground *I think* I was covering because the two jumps I did today on the Prodigy were at a new DZ(Hinton Skydiving Center...which is totally awesome BTW) and I am not too sure of the distance references.

The pilot of the jump plane(PAC 750 XL) said that he saw me flying after exit( he hadn't started to dive yet...guess what that means? B|). The run in speed was 75 knots.

He asked if he had knocked me out of the plane by closing the door too soon. The PAC 750 pilot must have a way of closing the door after everyone exits.

Kris.

The PAC 750 pilot must have a way of closing the door after everyone exits.

Yes, the PAC has a pull cord to close the retactable the sliding door. It's on the ceiling between the pilot and co-pilots seat, usually with a ball on the end and hanging down about 8 inches.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Digging up an old thread. What kind of vertical speeds and Glide Ratio's are people getting out of the Prodigy in the skydiving environment? Just wondering. I only have 7 flights on mine to date. My vertical speeds are much slower (66MPH average) but my Glide Ratio's are not better than my best tracks (average of 1:1). I realize 7 flights is super new...just wondering what I might be shooting for! :)
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

1.6+ is possible. Maybe better, but my Prodigy pants had become too loose at that point.

One thing I can say is don't sell the suit. Even when you are flying a big suit, going to the small suit and putting a few jumps on it helps immensely.

There is always the 'Mirko Mod' ;).

Kris.

I think the right way to fly the prodigy depends on what you like to do!?!

Stay a long time in the air or fly maximum distances.

With my unpimped(original) one, on skydiving I fly back for distances between 3 to 3.5 miles(downwinds) out of 4km exithight.

That means, speed is all for distances and for speed you need to fly steep.

But all this you can read in the phoenixfly-how to fly-manuals .... downloadable on the phoenixfly webpage!

blues, ... Mirko

I was getting around 1500ft horizontal from a 1500ft exit point (1500ft total, from exit to landing). This is with dead winds all the way up. Usually pitched in full flight around 300ft, so assuming 300ft to start flying properly that's 1500/900 = 1.6

Cue people saying that it isn't valid for some reason or another :)
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

I was getting around 1500ft horizontal from a 1500ft exit point (1500ft total, from exit to landing). This is with dead winds all the way up. Usually pitched in full flight around 300ft, so assuming 300ft to start flying properly that's 1500/900 = 1.6

Prodigy definitely flies at 1.6+. For a point reference, i took it over the bar at ITW (1.7km distance, 1200m alt) and to the second road from LM at Swiss Valley.

bsbd!

Yuri.

Thanks to all. 1.6 seems to the bar to shoot for. I don't think I need the Mirko Mod just yet...but maybe someday. I still have to figure out how to fly the Prodigy as is. It is fun and easy to fly as is, but it does strain the shoulders alot. Time to get in better shape! :)
- - -
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.