LouDiamond

Free skills camp

I will be holding a FREE Skills camp in Eloy from 20-24 Sept at Skydive Arizona. All skill levels are welcome and specialty jump runs will be flown for Birdmen. If you plan on coming out send me an E-mail or PM. Hope to see you there.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

For those interested in demoing the new line of Birdman suits, I will have the PHI, Firebird and the S3S on hand during the skills camp. Come on out and join the fun.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Hoping your skills camp includes classroom time, or at very least campfire or bar time. Lots of questions. I'm hoping to make friday and saturday. My first concern is exit-spatial awareness. If i flail my exit, by the time I've recovered, I can't find or catch the flock. The skyvan seems to be particulary troublesome for me. Perhaps only experience will solve this, but any tips will be more than welcome.

Your last advise regarding barrel rolls worked to a tee.

I suspect that rw wingsuit is also a matter of experience and patience. Looking forward to flights.

Mark

PM

The skills camp is geared to the individual for a 1 on 1 experience as much as possible. I will cover some of the basic stuff in a group setting or if there is a teaching point that needs to be brought to everyones attention. I can definately help you out with whatever you want this weekend.

Today, we continued with the skills camp action and we knocked out quite a few jumps and had Jay join us on the last jump of the day for a little flock action. Afterwards we moved to the new SDA Skyventure wind tunnel and Jay was tearing it up with his sit flying and transitions with Rook. Myself and others knocked out a photo shoot with McGowan for some promotional material and then I threw the S3S on for some wind tunnel time in a wingsuit. It was a lot of fun and we got some good video and pictures. I flew around the tunnel a little bit just on my arms and virtually no leg wing. It was quite an experience and a lot of fun. WE ARE NOT SUCKING IN ELOY!:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Post the video

Gimme a break , this happened less than 12 hours ago and I don't have my lappy to edit a VHS to MPEG readily available at the moment. I'll get the pictures from Jason as soon as possible and post them, the video may have to wait until I can find a way to convert it. I'll be in the tunnel tonight with Slotperfect so perhaps I'll put the S3S in the tunnel again if time permits.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

OK, I finially got a small portion of the wind tunnel flight turned into a MOV file. The file worked on several different computers here so I assume it should work for everyone else. If it doesn't work I'll re -do it when I get home. Here it is click me
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Looks very shaky, probably you were either flying on the edge of a stall or more likely fully stalled (which is an accomplishment when you think about it). Were the wings even inflated? Hard to tell from the video.

Cool stuff, congrats. Has this ever been done before? I've heard about Joao doing it with his feet outside of the tunnel in restrained "full flight", but never like this...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Were the wings even inflated?

The wings inflated as soon as they turned the air on but that wasn't enough to get me off of the net. We went from zero wind and worked up to the point where you see me aloft so the airflow is really low( just look at the instructors for reference). The indicator isn't calibrated yet but I was flying pretty steady at around 55% which is barely enough to keep kids afloat in the tunnel. Once the air was flowing at a higher rate it was easier to stay steady and actually move around. I was able to do turns, sideways movement and forward/backward movement and of course pop up if I wanted to. I am still waiting to get the pictures from Jason Peters but I may jump back in the tunnel tonight and take some more using my camera if time permits.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING