lurch

worth a thousand words.

He's doing a normal descent, its just our descent rates crossed over about 3 seconds after exit. In the video the plane vanishes up out of frame as I exit, then drops back down into the frame several seconds later as I dig in with the wings and cut my own descent rate down to less than the plane's...by which time I'm also falling behind rapidly. Our pilot babies the plane big time... Some I've jumped banked and descended fast enough to leave me hanging hundreds of feet above them looking way the hell down at the plane I just exited, the carolina skysports skyvan, george bush edition comes to mind. I used to wish for a camera so bad....spectacular visuals...
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Some I've jumped banked and descended fast enough to leave me hanging hundreds of feet above them looking way the hell down at the plane I just exited, the carolina skysports skyvan, george bush edition comes to mind.

Carolina SkySports does not have Skyvan's, they have a fleet of CASA's. George Bush jumped a Skyvan owned by Crosskeys and one owned by Skydive Arizona if I remember right.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Fly suits yourself tink?

Yep. Want to flock?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I coulda sworn it was a skyvan... black checkerboard tail, tailgate held up with bungee cords, sign on the tailgate says GB hit his head here? Or am I mixing up two different flying boxes?
edit: Think Im semi-screwed up. Think the checkerboard tail bush plane was in fact crosskeys not css. I still say it was a skyvan though.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

hi

I posted this video:

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2369

and at 03:28 there's a Twin Otter exit that you can see the plane go below the wingsuit flyer

I was last out though and the plane does start it's descent soon after, but they do not dive hard or bank as in the picture in the first post

for all the wingsuit flyers out there: probably NOT a good idea to see if you can get above a Twin Otter after exiting it, though.....

rather just wait to see you have cleared the horizontal stabilizer and then wing it up

cya
sam

soon to be gone

yeah, its a maroon checkerboard skyvan owned by John Eddowes of CrossKeys. has where he sat and hit his head both marked.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When (retired) President George Bush Senior did his first AFF dive in the Spring of 1997, it was in Yuma, Arizona, from a Skyvan donated by Skydive Arizona.
My contribution was assembling and packing his rig.