freeatlast

Wingsuits in the UK - Jump #'s etc

What is the current situation regarding jump #'s and wingsuit flying ... I have just made my first wingsuit jumps and all is going well. I am returning to the UK tomorrow and I was wondering if i will still be allowed to jump a wingsuit back in the UK ???

I currently have approx 280 skydives and hopefully will have made at least 6/7 wingsuit jumps in the US. I have taken coached tracking jumps first then groundschool followed by a checkout jump with a BM Chief Instructor. I also have my first flight on DVD and my log book signed off ...

Is this sufficient to be allowed to jump in the UK???

Thanks

James

I'm sure your specific details will be looked at, but the general rule is 500 jumps, or 250 in the past 18 months.

Go to Sibson and check it out.

Lots of WSer's there...;)
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

PM ZeeMax, he did he first WS jumps in US with just over 200 skydives, got signed off by Chuck Blue, and then I believe went back to UK and was allowed to continue jumping. Correct me if I'm wrong, Macca or anyone else. :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

And you did a great job today in your new GTI.

Show them the video in did for you and I'll download the other jumps off my camera that we did to show them.

With your log book signed by me for your FJC and all the video, I dont think they will dispute you fly very well and have been properly trained on emergency procedures with the wingsuit.

If all else, feel free to have them ring me up. ;)

Great flying with you James, have a safe trip back.

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I have trained quite a few British and other foreign Birdmen and all have had no issue with continuing to fly their suits in their own countries apon thier return. The important part is the documentation in their log books by a Birdman Instructor. Enjoy your new found addiction;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The current jump-numbers in the BPA's guideline to WS flying says 500 freefall jumps, or 250 freefall jumps within the last 1 1/2 years.
It also says:

Grandfathering - Any jumper that does not meet the requirements to jump a wing suit but can demonstrate (I.e. Video/logbook entries) they have done so safely after instruction from an wing suit instructor abroad, may continue to do so.

I didn't have a problem myself coming back in Jan, although I had 45 wingsuit jumps. With 6/7, some places might ask you to hook up with a trusted wingsuiter to check you out, but you should not have any problems.

Enjoy the flying! :)
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Hello James,
I enjoyed the flights with you.
I have some good video of you in the GTi.
You fly it like you mean it.

Who can stop you from flying?
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Hi guys

sorry about the delay but it took a couple of extra days to get home after the plane developed a malfunction in the engine abd there was no available flights home for 18 hours plus a re-route via newark on a different airline !!!

Anyhow, i'm back and looking forward to jumping my GTI at somepoint soon. I must say a big THANKYOU to EVERYONE in NORCAL for making me feel very welcome.

Ed - thanks a bunch for all your advice and teaching ... I would recommend anyone to visit and learn from you ...

Avery - thanks for all the tips and the T-shirt !!! (not to mention the shiny red GTI !!!) - I'd love to see the video - if you can send it back with Jules that would be awesome ... And it was a real pleasure to share your 100th wingsuit jump (from a plane !!!) ...

Jules - thanks for driving, see you soon and hope the love affair with "Big A' is still going strong ...

Finally, thanks to my agent ... !!! lol getting carried away there !!!

Hopefully i can jump back in the UK and if not i'll be back as soon as i can to join the flock ... Otherwise see you all soon (I hope) ...

James

Hey James,

Hibaldstow, Peterlee, and I believe Weston, are all OK with your jump numbers

Hinton will not be - you need 500 jumps first and BASE doesn't count towards that total ;)

If you're going flocking one weekend give me a shout, I haven't tried my Classic out in years!

Ross

Thanks Gus

It would be cool to jump with you again. It looks like there are a few options for me - i wasn't sure if i could jump back here but it looks like i might be in luck - there seems to be a few places where i may be able to get in the air.

I'm up to my eyes with work but hopefully i'll be able to get to Langar or Weston this weekend - otherwise it will be two - three weeks before i've got another day off (unless I skip work!!!)

I appreciate all the replies here and also the pm's that i've received, i'm looking forward to jumping with everyone ...

- i guess i'll have to stump up my BPA membership fees now !!! lol ...

James

Hey James, i don't have a problem with you coming up to weston and getting in some flying, i would need to see your log book endorsements as standard practice. phone me at weston 01869343343 if you wanna chat

Fordy
Fordy

usual disclaimer re: not being instructor etc etc....

but as far as i know - no AAD requirements unless you are student or pre-B licence (from memory, sorry, but usual BPA regs)
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------