garef001

getting used ws, need help

hi, i am getting a used ws. heres my problem. the suit fits fine except that the thigh region is really tight. is there anyway to modify it? is it worth it? it only needs and inch or 2 on each thigh. Will i be messing up the suit?
thanks
T

Thanasi

There is no good way to modify the thigh area.If you look at that portion of the suit, it is a rather large section and there is a bit of sewing involved along the outside seams not to mention the cable tabs.

I would look at what type of clothing you are wearing underneath the suit. I have seen people convinced a suit was too small for them expecting it to fit over a free fly suit. Take all the items out of your pockets and anything bulky clothing wise is not recommended. If it's that good of a deal and you can fit in it with out making the seams scream every time you put in on, going in nothing but you underwear may be an option. Your decission. Barring that working, it may just be too small so save your money and keep looking for something that fits better.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Along these same lines, if a wingsuit is a bit larger in the bicep and thigh and stomach area than I am, but still fits pretty good otherwise, would this be a flyable wingsuit for me? The main benefit I see to this is that everyone says to measure for a wingsuit with the most clothing you might wear underneith it. Well I can have baggy pants and a sweatshirt on under it no problem.

Thoughts?

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

As the Skymonkey says, tension is the key, if you can tension the suit, and close the zippers shoudl be fine, a cm should not be a problem on biceps, but inches obviously will, but for a first suit, put it on rig it up, do you practice pulls and drills, adopt flight positions and if you feel comfortable go for make sure you get an experienced WS pilot to check it all out for you. Have fun hope your flights are good.B|

Cheers

Fraser
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

I bought a used suit from Bodypilot1 and it is a little tight over the 4 layers of clothing I wore today, but it will be perfect when the weather warms up a bit.

Biggest problem I had with the tightness was getting the legs unzipped and the booties off when under canopy!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

4 layers John? :o

So how did the auto pilot on the S1 work? ;)

BTW, here's a pic of the suit being flown in alittle warmer weather. :P

Keepin' it safe!
Ed

Cool pic - looks like me!

4 layers - well, it was about 42 degrees on the ground and I figured I'd be aloft for a while. I'd had enough of waiting for spring.

So - what's the issue with the leg wing going all the way to the toes on the S1? Seemed to give tremendous forward drive (mind you, all I have to compare with is a Classic II)

Next question - what's a good way to wear an altimeter so you can see it when holding on to the wingtip grippers?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

chest mounted alti is pretty good. That or take the freefly route and have 2 audibles.

You've got a huge burble beneath your chest so a chestmount alti is not recommended. However one of our bird flyers uses one for all her jumps, sitfly, birdman, whatnot. It seems to work for her. I just glance at the ground every now and then and don't use my alti when i'm flying with grippers. I do have a beeper (or 2 depending on whether I'm flying camera). If I really want to check my alti I have to let go of the grippers for a moment...

ciel bleu,
Saskia

what's a good way to wear an altimeter so you can see it when holding on to the wingtip grippers?

Rotate the face of your altimeter more towards your thumb. You won't be able to see the whole face but you will be able to see the numbers from about 8 to 4 give or take
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING