tobi778

Vengeance discontinued???

A friend of mine wanted to order a new Vengeance the other day and was told by the dealer that they dont make them any more and that it will be replaced by the Katana.:(

Has anyone else heared about this? I think its a shame, I have nothing bad to say about my Vengeance 120.

That would be odd, since I've just finished up a demo from PD of a Vengence. Don't you think they would have told me that they weren't selling it anymore and wouldn't have sent the demo 3 weeks ago if that was the case?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

A friend of mine wanted to order a new Vengeance the other day and was told by the dealer that they dont make them any more and that it will be replaced by the Katana.:(

Considering that the Katana is still in testing and hasn't even been released, I find that a little hard to believe.

I'm sure Kolla or Fozchek will pop into this thread tomorrow with the real skinny.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

maybe he was referring to the fact that the katana will displace most/if not all of the vengeance's demand as they are similar niche products, but not exact, from what I gather.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I'm sure Kolla or Fozchek will pop into this thread tomorrow with the real skinny.

Right you are! ;)

The Vengeance Canopy fills a specific "niche" within the skydiving community. As such, it was never expected to be a tremendous seller. We will continue to produce the Vengeance through custom orders; we have just chosen to not carry it as a stock item due to the afore-mentioned reasons.

As far as the Katana goes: that little beauty is a replacement for no canopy. The Katana is fresh and new, and "destined to slice up the competition," ensuring its own place within the market.

For more Katana information keep an eye on our website! http://www.performancedesigns.com/katana/

Feel free to PM me with any further questions or concerns.

Cheers!
Gillian Parker
C.S. Representative
Performance Designs, Inc.

the katana will displace most/if not all of the vengeance's demand as they are similar niche products

No they're not. The Vengeance is aimed at those who love airlocks and competes with other airlocked canopies like the Samurai. The Katana will be competing with other non-airlocked ellipticals.

If your assumption were true then PD would have discontinued the Stiletto shortly after coming out with the Vengeance - they're both nine cell zp ellipticals right?

Talk to Brian about the licencing. Its a very mutally agreeable situation. As a side note, PD is manufactoring a lot of the Big Air Canopies now days. What can be better... Brian designs them, PD builds them. B|
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com