Rdutch

Cool things that happened in Deland this weekend

1: 300 Birdman Jumps total
2: Formation Birdman skydives from a Skyvan and a Porter
3: A 27 way being the biggest
4: A 24 way the biggest in slot in frame formation
5: Too many firsts to list, everyone that attended had a first
6: Get this, a 3 point 14 way 3D (Has to be a first)
7: Everyone that attended learned something and progressed and kicked ass!
8: 1 Cutaway and he bought his BEER
9: 1 Off airport landing
10: A rock steady base formation that kicked ass every time.

Things I thought was awesome
1: Everyone that attended
2: Everyone that helped out
3: Formation loads from the skyvan and porter. (kick ass to see the porter fly right over your head after you exit the van, you could hear the engine!).
4: Doing the first ever 2 plane formation big ways
5: Everyone that attended
6: Everything that was listed above

Did I leave anything out?

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

3: Formation loads from the skyvan and porter. (kick ass to see the porter fly right over your head after you exit the van, you could hear the engine!).

From my perspective (last out of Porter), it was a bit crazy to see a huge blurry stream of bodies flying by the window of the Porter and know it was my turn to fling myself into that stream...

At one point I said to Perry, "hey look the pilots are flocking too... they're doing plane RW". He said "I don't want to look" (this is Scary Perry we're talking about). After that the Porter did an abrupt maneuver and it seriously looked like we were about to fly up the Van's ass. Scary fun.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Yo,
For those that were not able to make it this year, make a plan to attend on the next one, as you won't want to miss something that is only going to get BIGGER and BETTER! ;)

The formations grew bigger and better as the weekend progressed, and with the solid base working as a team it gave everyone a great target to fly to, we hope Rickster got some great shots of the formations on Sunday. B|

Here are some video grabs from some of the jumps that were downloaded onto my camera from Chris Ash, and a few taken from my camera view also.

There is also a view from my camera on Sunday's sunset 3D formation of Loic over Scott, and myself over Chuck.

And boy am I glad I don't have to stare at Scott Blands ass in the air anymore! :P:D

Good job Ray and Great flying Flockers. ;)

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I forgot to mention, Air Traffic in Daytona said they saw the flocks quite well, good thing they knew, imagine seeing something as big as a B2 Bomber decending rapidly and then just dissapearing at 5000 ft.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I forgot to mention, Air Traffic in Daytona said they saw the flocks quite well, good thing they knew, imagine seeing something as big as a B2 Bomber decending rapidly and then just dissapearing at 5000 ft.

Damn, think about making a BM video and having someone actually get footage at ATC of the BM formations .. that would be killer

i'll slip this in...

thanks scott, chris and anyone else flocking it that donated to the angel tree in deland. :) you guys rock (flock?) . :)
also, big fatty congrats on some very nice dives. i'm glad i made it back from the hills in time to see the last couple.

good job folks! what an awesome group of people flying....

blues,
arlo

that had to be Nelson.....

Nope.

And the off airport landing was only because we had some confusion with the Porter on the exit, thus putting us WAY out.

The break off was for the flockers on the back end of the formation to do a 180 and track the opposite direction of the way the formation was flying, and for the others to fan out into clean air.

The descipline on break off was great which lead to them landing out, but we corrected it after the first formation load. ;)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com