TALONSKY

What would be the best way to video wingsuit balloon jump?

I am looking for an opinion on what would be the best way to video a wingsuit Balloon jump. Our idea is to have one person leave facing away from the basket and 2 seconds later have the video guy leave facing the basket and the jumper that just left. My only thought is that might allow too much seperation for good vide. So any ideas?
Kirk

Have both wingsuits facing the same dirrection on either side of the basket and leave at the same time.
2 seconds is too much and will get you nothing but and air shot.
Here is a still of Kevin922 and I leaving a helicoptor at the same time.
Hope this helps.

-
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I think you could just do an exit standing on opposite sides of the basket, both facing the same way (looking to your resp. left/right, at the same point on the horizon) and jumping off slighly sideways..

Kinda like exiting a helicopter, both from one side, and then flying in the direction the nose is pointing.

Most 2/3/5 ways in Sweden went off the chopper like this and everyone had great video :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

What Kirk is describing does have both WS pilots facing the same way (one facing out, and the camera guy does a floater exit). I did this, too (as the camera guy). We both had the same problem -- the guy facing out gets up and out of frame too quickly. It's easy to score an exit shot like this, but the rest of the flight is harder to film. We're looking for a good way to keep the dive in frame right to deployment.

Our theory is that having a moment of separation between exits will get the camera guy looking down right away. Yeah, "you aren't supposed to look down" -- whatever. I looked down at Ray deploying while I left and I didn't go head low. Not hard at all if you get into the right position before you leave.

I wonder if for some magical reason, floater exits are more likely to end up head low? Both Kirk and I experienced this same thing, but that was across two flights, so who knows.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

If you want to get the helo, just backtrack out and let the wingsuit come to you. They can't inflate too soon though, or they get tail-whipped.

I think the coolest video would be to exit after the wingsuit and chase him to deployment. Face one videocamera backward and one forward, and it would show the same basic thing from two perspectives.

Know what, Mac? Now that I think about it, just mount the rabbit cam and have your subject chase it. Have the subject stand on the edge of the basket, and the rabbit stand on the step. Reay-set-go! CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK!

I'm on! Send me a ticket to Hollishland!

;)