mccordia

Hercules boogie....wow...

I'm here at the Hercules Boogie, enjoying the last night with the guys!
Leaving here is going to be hard.
The friends we've all made here this week, and the skills gained are just to incredible to put into words.

Andy Ford, Andy Scott, Jari, Thure (he ROCKS the skies in his GTI, and is one of the many great people we've met here) Pete, Bev (our mental coach), a special wonderfull admiration for Perry wresteling with his pneumonia and desire to jump and just being the niceguy he is.., and Vesa, who outclimbed the hercules everytime on exit and flew the hell out of everything in the skies (and never once bragging about it! even though it's highly brag-able) and again, Andy F. toping that off with climb way above the herc. with a barrelroll...have to see it to believe it!!
And I could just go on and on with all the names..Graig..JP...Fredric and the other names I canät come up with (damn Cider stuff :S!) I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE!
I learned sooo much this week, and seeing all the guys realy invent a dicipline in tight formation flying/birdman-bigways and actualy getting invited to be a part of that is humbling and incredible at the same time...
Being part of slotted 19 ways (even though I was strugling to get into my slot) and being given the chance to do so was amazing...
Skillwise it was such an incredible learning experience...I can not put it into words....

A big thanks to the TONS of people that made this possible, and to everyone who wasn't here...YOU MISSED OUT....BIGTIME!!

You'll soon see the amazing footage that was shot here (we collected all the footage and I'll start editing as soon as I'm home!) and hopefully see all of you again in 2006 (lets make it the BIRDMAN-BOOGIE by then!!)

I'm gonna miss you guys, and DAMN are we going to practice hard when we get back home....

JC signing off...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

PIctures to come. The slot perfect formation flying was amazing. Hopefully I'll be 14K lighter next time and will stand some chance of hanging with you all.

Really amazing flying, and great people.

Come on! Holiday Boogie at Eloy! I'm sure you can get over the tail of the Skyvan!

Cheers, all.

Back at work in Finland.
Thanks to all wingsuit flyers there for the great jumps and friendship. Can't wait to see the video of the jumps they never showed in the night's video.

Vesa

herc. boogie -06 T minus 1.000.000+ minutes and counting..

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

What can I say it was a gr8 boogi the Herc roxxxor!!
Now I have to take care of my post boogi depresion (PBD).
I had a gr8 time missing u all.

C U All in 2006 at l8est.

...and again we enter the vally of death but we shall fear no evil for we are the baddest motherfuckers in the vally.

It's going about 130-140 I think. You definitely slow down to terminal velocity when you get out. Jari and Andy and several of the other REALLY proficient fliers would get WAY over the top of the plane. Like looking at the pilots windows high. Hopefully some clips will show up soon, because you can't beleive it until you see it.

I'm blanking on the name of the other video guy who was assigned to Andy, but he has one sequence over the Herc with a fighter jet alongside. LIke I said, you gotta see it.

All the video-folks at the boogie gave copies of their footage.

It was like a bunch of freeflyers on the loose....AT LEAST 3 to 5 folks with a camera ON EVERY JUMP, 2+ minutes of great material PER PERSON, PER JUMP, about 70 jumps in total made by TWO groups....
I am now proud holder of 14 tapes 13,5 hours of footage:S (also some really good ground-stuff in there)B|

I've just started editing today, and all i can say is WOW...great stuff...
I don't know how long it'll take me to finish it (need to get a 'small' computer upgrade to house all the footage:):)), but as soon as it's done we'll make sure all people that where present get a nice DVD version of it, and also see if Jari can put it online at bird-man.com and/or pilotdave at skydivingmovies.com for everyone to see...

I'll try and keep you posted on how editing is progressing every once in a while (sadly I can only edit in the weekends the next two months due my work, so I'll try and skip a few weekends of jumping *snif* :):):) )

Gotta catch some ZZ's now..
Cya,
Jarno (Biiiiiiiiiiirdddmaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!)

p.s.
JP, I'll make sure your the NTSC footage doesnt get F*CKED UP in the horrible way they showed everything during the boogie-video-off-the-day (IF they showed anything at all:SB|), that was such a waste of great material...

p.s.2
CUT IT AWAAAAAAY!!!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Looked into the footage of JP and unfortunately we have now way of transforming it to PAL.. Talked to some serious shit hot stuff guys companies and they say... "Forget it".. If you can, pse assist us as we also want to have material from JP and other NTSC cameras in the boogie dvd..

Sorry for the hazzle at the vdo downloading - perhaps next time you like to assist???

Hope to C ya all at the next possible herc boogie...Thanks a lot for your performance... Eventhough you didn't make on the evening movies everytime... Some other vdo guys where more persistent to show their material all the time...
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

Talked to some serious shit hot stuff guys companies and they say... "Forget it"..

Then those shit hot stuff guys need to get their shit hot stuff in order because it's not that big a hassle...it just takes some time...B|

In Premiere, just de-interlacing it (premiere>video/clip>fields>deinterlace) already helps to get rid of those nasty jagged field-edges that appear when converting it that way, and you'll have nice looking footage.
But you do still get skipped frames due to the 30>25 fps conversion.

But there are a ton of ways to do even better conversions (I use After Effects and that works 100% okay, hardly any difference with original PAL footage, no skipped frames, no jagged edges..)

I also have JP's birdman footage at home, and wil do a PAL conversion for the Wingsuit Herc video I'm editing for the birdpeople..

If you have 1 or 2 weeks I could send you a tape with the birdman-footage already converted to PAL format, so you can use it in the Boogie video...
I'll make sure that the tape you'll get has 100% groovy looking PAL material on there because missing out on JP's stuff would be a shame...

Just let me know if you want it...?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Small Hercules Birdman DVD update

All the footage is now sorted and captured (cut 'clean')
Which turned 14 hours of footage into 6,5 hours (879 shots)

Working hard at the moment on turning that into a 30 to 45 minute edit ;)

The Foam party will rock (ooh yea...theres a bunch of wingsuit-formation stuff in there too:):):)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I actualy didn't get the foam footage from Perry, since someone else had already taped over 30 minutes of carnage at the foam-fest (ME!!!hehe)
But with Perry's footage we could definately fill a whole evening heheheB|

The Foam party is already done editing-wise (to the sounds of Freestylers - Push up:):)
Also done with the Helicopter jumps (soo much beautifull footage from everyone:)

Still have the big V formations, The JP-Rabbit jumps, Misc jumps (rodeo's, stacks, messy jumps and so on) and Exit-Carnage parts left to do
Those will probably be the rough chapters of the DVD..might be some more stuff on there..

Doing more editing 2nite...B|I'll keep you posted...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?