skyshark6

Need help picking colors

I'm upgrading to an S3 after 100 jumps on my GTI (see avatar). that's the easy decision. the hard decision is what colors should I pick for the new S3?
Please post your recommendations on color patterns you like/have seen and/or photos of your own color patterns if you have them.
much appreciated!

The thing I tell people when it comes to color selection when ordering a suit is to think about what side will be seen in pictures. Chances are your front won't be seen unless you're on your back. The back side however is the most widely seen side and side most likely to be photographed.

Personal color preferences and the color of your rig can play into overall color selection if you want to go for the color coordinated look. The largest areas on the back side are the wings and rear air deflectors, the body color is seen in smaller proportions along the legs. It tends to look better if you choose colors that at least compliment your rig a little bit. It appears your rigs overall color is black and that goes pretty much with everything. The wings tend to look the best when all 3 are the same color but that can be a preference thing too. The rear air deflector and the arm deflectors are excellent for accent colors to compliment other colors on your rig or provide contrast to the overall color scheme. The big question is what are your favorite colors? It is entirely possible to have the front wings one color and the back side another color. The material between the zippers can also be a different color from the body. This looks good when the wings and material between the zippers are the same color with a contrasting color on the body. Give us an idea of the colors you have in mind and it will be easier to help you figure something out.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Another option that I think looks good in pictures and video is to have white or light colored wings and colored ribs. With white ribs the wings take on a glowing effect and change color with te light thats on them.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Looks like the colors you have now on your GTi match your gear pretty good.

Hey, Scott? In order to get that under shot, you do have to backfly. I was doing that two weekends ago and it overpressured the tail and blew out the entire bottom seam. Easy rigger repair, but now I have three rows of stitching across the bottom seam instead of two.

JP

Yeah, it was initially a head down wingsuit backtrack (G*ddamn! That is a big tail!) but by the time I got it dialed in and barrel rolled to belly-to-earth I was screaming across the sky. When I snapped up the legs after deployment, the tail was open across the bottom.

Not a big deal, easily fixed.

Yeah, it was initially a head down wingsuit backtrack

Yeah, thats not the prefered technique. We generally try to discourage people from doing that since they have theses other suits called Freefly suits that you can do that stuff in and you don't blow out your O ring:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Keep the rear deflector dark as that is what you end up sitting on in the plane

great idea.
I'm thinking about changing my rig/suit colors away from black and yellow... it's just a time for change. I'm thinking something maybe blue/turquoise/green/black... somewhere in there. orange and pink are definitely out.
thanks to everyone for their suggestions. how about some pictures? ;)

<><><><><><>
Q: "Do you think it gets boring just flying around or is there more to it?"
A: "I've never seen a bird get bored with flight and decide to start walking instead."

Sorry for the late input, but I had to add to all of the others. It may be overdone, but I really really like the "silver tin foil" look on the wings. I think that is bad as shit. But I think that everyone has placed some very good ideas out there. Do what you want dude, be unique, go for the gusto and all that other peptalk stuff.

"Sure, those Golf Carts may look all warm and fuzzy, but they WILL take a chunk out of your ass!"

I'm kinda partial to my red black and white. That said, I don't like the metallic looking fabrics.

I would say go for your new colors and use the light one (best in white) for the wings and then dark colored ribs like Phree's suit or Seb's canopy.

I really like that look.
T.S.S # 5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To dream great dreams is itself an act of daring. -Eric Shipton & Bill Tilman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the coolest one.;)

deuce, I'm sorry, but that suit makes you look more like Spiderman than a birdman... ;)

<><><><><><>
Q: "Do you think it gets boring just flying around or is there more to it?"
A: "I've never seen a bird get bored with flight and decide to start walking instead."