thrillseek

Rigid Wing Attachment

good point. maybe it's a hybrid between a hanglider and a wingsuit?
My DZ has a Porter with that big door, but my exit concern wiould be the same as with a wingsuit...catching too much wind on exit and slamming into the rear stabalizer...I'm sure it would be easier out of a casa

Effective, but not too practical. I would not consider exits from side doors as in exit, the first wing will face air earlier than the other, causing certainly unstable position and maybe some spinning also. Seems to work from a tailgate if you pay two or three slots...
Vesa

Yep, I think that it will be something like that which will be "landed" first. After looking at the Apache Racing website, I thought that the larger one of those might be landable, since you "ride" on top of it and it has a smooth bottom surface which would skip or slide across the ground or water; whatever. I have been told, though, that the Apache wings are not that efficient. Anyone seen one in the sky with a BirdMan flyer?
Chuck
My webpage HERE

glide ratio: i have not seen any gps plots on the skyray yet. i would expect it to prove higher than a skyflyer due to the rigid wing, better placement of the wing (farther down on your body at your center of gravity) and higher possible speeds.
next month when i see alban i will try to instrument a flight with our datalogger.
sincerely,
dan

The skyray is a lot more powerfull than any wingsuit. We jumped with gps datalogger and showed some real horizontal flight with 250km/h groundspeed. Exiting a twin otter is also no problem. Who ever is interesting in our project visit our page www.freesky.de

>different set of skills...i never understood the 500 jump minimum. I would think that
>a D-licensed jumper could learn the same as a 500 jump D-licensed jumper....just
>my $.02
So basically you are saying that we learn nothing during the 300 jumps from #200 to #500?
I'm not saying that all people with 500 jumps have similar skills, someone with 500 accuracy jumps from 800m will not be ready to jump a wingsuit, whereas some AFF-graduate with 200 jumps might.
What I am saying is that I personally wouldn't have jumped a wingsuit at 200 jumps... But then again I was a terrible student and did 19 S/L-jumps...:)Erno

I just heard from the Skyray guys...

>In germany they are available from now on. I will keep you informed
about availability and costs in the US! The Costs here are 2850€ Taxes included.

So, it looks like something around $3000 would get you a Skyray, but it might be some trouble to get one here until they get a dealer set up.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com