bodypilot90

Mini rings and crw

Small rings are all I use when I build CRW risers type 8 or type 17 webbing. With all of the swapping of gear that goes on it only makes sense. You can put small ring risers on a big ring harness, but not the other way around.
CRW Skies
Frank
CRW Diva #58

I don't see an issue with using mini rings or large rings. Mixing small (on the riser) with the large (on the harness) is ok, but not the other way around. Here is a link on Bill Booth's opinion. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=19

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

I don't see an issue with using mini rings or large rings. Mixing small (on the riser) with the large (on the harness) is ok, but not the other way around.

That's obvious. Try connecting large rings on the riser to a mini harness ring...good luck. Impossible to do.

Cheers,
Travis

I don't see an issue with using mini rings or large rings. Mixing small (on the riser) with the large (on the harness) is ok, but not the other way around.

That's obvious. Try connecting large rings on the riser to a mini harness ring...good luck. Impossible to do.

Really!? Hmmm;)

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
"I would like it if I were challenged mentally at my job and not feel like I'm mentally challenged." - Co-worker

that's a problem I came across. I was going to borrow a Lightning 160 from someone, but it had large rings and wouldn't fit with my mini rings on the container...

that's a problem I came across. I was going to borrow a Lightning 160 from someone, but it had large rings and wouldn't fit with my mini rings on the container...

that's why my CRW rig has large rings on the harness and all my risers have small rings.
makes me a universal donor and/or recipient ;)

I prefer larger rings so that I can use larger risers. That way It's more for me to grab when front-risering. Of course vet wrap helps a lot as well, but a larger starting point gives you more to work with.
What could possibly go wrong?

That's true as long as you have large hands. I had to re-rig a pair of toggles recently because I couldn't grab my toggles and my front-risers at the same time...

I have mini-risers because I often have a difficult time with small hands front-risering on the large risers.

W