totalbodypilot

SomeTHING for them to TALK about.

Hi,
OK, I've been out of the whole free fly scene for bit, doing my own thing, but help me out here, any input is welcomed.

Is it not possable for this forum to post and talk about NEW ideas and some imaginaitve skydives or positions to fly in here in the future?
(Not talking about big ways, ladies. You rock. But about doing something that makes them say again "your a FREE Flyer" THAT BLEW MY MIND, i didnt think that was possable!)
Your being past up by the Wing suit FLIERS. They seem to be the only people with fresh idas now days.

Possabilitys is what Free flying is about, or what it was about back in the mid 90's. We sat around and said what if we could do this, or.... is this possable,..... and we went out and tried or did it spending our own jump tickets and brain cells, and found out through trial and error if it could happen with out lttle bit of ability.

It took lots of jump tickets and many burned brain cells, but we did it, for the most part that was documented.

Here you guys have a web sit to comunicate, and ask "IF" is possable, and make it happen.
It would be nice to see some WACKED out ideas and get back leads or info if IT worked for someone some where, without having a patented or a trade mark put on it, or a "I'll show it to you if i make the nationals video."
I would be happy to try some of the stuff your new minds can come up with, because mine is bURnT out, but my body and skills say yes i can do more than re-invent RELETIVE WORK>

Me personaly,..i'm trying and spending money flying SIDEWAYS this weekend. I'll let you know how it went.

I welcome some insitefull ideas to this thread, and say to those who just want to tear it down to PM me about what i just said, rather than turn it into an 8th grade pissing contest.

Blue Skies,
Colon Berry

Your-an-ASS-HOLE!- The morning Rooster/Jim ORIELY

No it's not possible. :|

Freefly had de-evolved into something that RW has. It's either super precise flying that takes years to acheive (4way VRW or FS) or it's noobs paying big dollars to "experts" to learn how.

A few years back we were "flocking" at my old home DZ. Going out and flying in groups having fun and goofing off (safely).

Then I move down south to a big name DZ, and when I try to generate some interest in having the same sort of fun I get a bunch of rhetoric about how that's been defined already as "Atmonauti". So I choke that nugget down and when we got to play, all of a sudden it's "you guys are doing wrong". Fuck that I say.

I'm will Colon on this one.

Get out there and try some new shit. Have some fun. Bring back the pick up ways (safely). And when someone tells you you're not doing it right, ask them when they invented the sport. B|

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

How about a competition that all teams exit at the same time from seprate airplanes and the team that does more compulsary/blocks/ moves (I.E-A,B,C,D) is the only team that the computure controled parachute/harness container is allowed to open and land to recieve a medal?
Or better yet a Space ball that sends out a electronic signal to the slower person who is competing and disables his parachute.
Or better yet, if you dont go FASTER Headdown than the fastest speed recorded your rig exsplodes!!

Instead of U.S. Nationals or Space Games TM we call it DEATH RACE?

OR EVEN BETTER YET, if you dont get a picture in the next months magazine you loose rights to fly a camera for life!

I'm sick,.. i know, i know, it's my mind you see.
seek and destroy, clear and sweep, what ever you want to call it, its all fun in games in the game of war.

How about A competition where you have to EXIT doing a back FLIP and continue untill opening,..nice openings!

Have you ever done a tracking Backloop?

Does a fly do a bckloop or a barrel rool when he lands on the celing?
seek and destroy, clear and sweep, what ever you want to call it, its all fun in games in the game of war.

Me personaly,..i'm trying and spending money flying SIDEWAYS this weekend. I'll let you know how it went.

do you know the french Philippe Vallaud ? he soo rocks sideways...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Colon, Wingsuiters still have to make those pesky skydives to be creative. Freeflyers today can hone their skills in front of an audience and without the unpleasantness of parachute malfunctions or 40 second increments of freefall.

Zup Colon?

Gotta agree with you. Freeflying went down the wrong path (imho) when it got sucked into the RW trap. (or compulsories). The free routines took a back seat and creativity suffered. Granted compulsory practice makes you fly your ass off, but it killed the "free" in freeflying to some degree.

So here is my unpatented, just invented, tried last weekend and it works, move.

Jumpers build a "joker" hand grip and the headdown flier starts carving his ass off. As the CF increases the headdown flier can really lay out anchored by the sit flier spinnning on axis. Try it. It works.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

I think one problem we face is the lack of talented freefliers and lack of people who put forth the effort to become one. I'm in a bad spot. I'm the best at my DZ :( which means the only way I can learn and advance is to take out some spaceballs when the winds allow it. Soo many people are too intimidated at how difficult it is to become a good freeflier and spend hundreds (or thousands) of jumps staying on their bellys because freeflying was too hard. Then there is the crowd who got into swooping and prefer hop and pops. Hands down freeflying is the most difficult discipline. Anybody can buy a smaller parachute and figure out where to pull a 180 to get a nice swoop (granted they won't be at competition level) and it will be much easier then trying to learn to fly a slot on your head. DOn't get me wrong, I love swooping my velo but good freeflying IS more challenging. Then there is the crowd who learned to sitfly and after seeing how hard that was, is pretty content at just doing dangerously huge sitfly zoos of various skill levels and assumes they will eventually become great head down flyers by trying to launch head down exits with people who don't know how to fly on their heads.

I would love to hit up some compulsory dives but unfortunately there really isn't anyone else here or at a close DZ who is advanced enough for any of it. I have to travel to DZs far away to find someone else who can freefly well. At my DZ, when I head out to the boarding area, everyone seems content to just launch out 6 sitfliers and have another zoo dive. Taking the time to do solos and work on something or have a planned 2 way is boring to many people and their skills don't develop. Sure a zoo dive has been fun before, but at this point I've been on way too many of them. Sometimes I don't even want to manifest because it will just be another zoo dive and nobody wants to work on anything. Starting to get burned out here.

Anybody want to move to Virginia and start a team?

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Hey I've got an idea..........Why don't all you original Freeflyers with 5000 to 15000 Freefly jumps who quit jumping because us low timers offerred you no challenges and you were tired of coaching us........

Why don't you guys get your asses back to the DZ and make some shit happen. Seems like the only ones doing that anymore are Amy Chemlecki and Steve Curtis out West.

I remember the good old days when my mentors jumped with me and put me on shit that I wasn't qualified to be on yet. And it made me better. They pushed me out of my comfort zone and challenged me, and I had a great time.

If some of you guys got back to the DZ and did the "Old" stuff like Flocking Dives, Tube Jumps, Pylon Races, Ball Jumps, and Big Nasties, perhaps folks would start thinking about new stuff again. Allot of the up and comers have never even done these kinds of jumps let alone come up with new ideas.

Maybe it's that jumps aren't $16 anymore, maybe folks got burnt out being so talented, perhaps the Ex, Cocain, Pot, and Beer become more important than jumping. I don't know what it is........But you guys seemed to have disappeared.

Its sad when I guy like me, who still has so much to learn myself is the only one left to put shit together. I'm barely decent myself, and could benefit by the old school talent coming back.

For now I'm willing to do what is available which seems to be VRW. So unless you guys want to get off your asses and come back and inspire me to have fun again, don't knock what I have left.

By the way anyone who is interested........I will be trying to revive an event called Freefly Jive...........aka Jive Jam.........This Spring in North Carolina.....It will be both Intermediate and Advanced, so as not to bore anyone. PM me if interested. Perhaps Colon and others could make the trip and remind us how to have fun again. The Old Shit is still fun I bet................And you might even have fun doing VRW too?

What sup with you! Sounds like your keeping busy! I'll have to defanatly give that a try this weekend if we get desent weather here in lowwer Mizzizzippi!

As for the "side flying", it's kind of like tracking,...but you go in circles, kind of fun and strange at the same time! Just my style. I wonder where one would be put in the exit order for this type of disapline? Something to ponder.

CB

Hey I've got an idea..........Why don't all you original Freeflyers with 5000 to 15000 Freefly jumps who quit jumping because us low timers offerred you no challenges and you were tired of coaching us........

Why don't you guys get your asses back to the DZ and make some shit happen.
----------------------------------------------------------

Some of us had to grow up and start thinking about making some real money, stop living in a trailer, and build a house.

As for the flying thing sounds like you got some spirit! I would be happy to come visit your DZ for your event as a fun jumper, if the Govt. will give me the time off. Keep me posted!

As for the x, and other party favors you listed (you left some out....) they didnt become more important, just more potenent!B|

CB

Colon I do partially agree with Harry on this, I was down in Zhills for the New years thing and really didn't see much as far as organizing goes this year. The only organized ECFF dive I saw was the 42 way track (which was really fun). I asked several times about ECFF organizing and got answers about the weather and being exhausted from the tunnel. I even saw some ECFF sitting in the room playing playstation. I was a little disappointed especially since I drove 13 hours for my 3rd New Year with Zhills. Last year John was running around all day collecting tickets for cool dives. From what I recall, the organizer gets a free slot, so just collecting tickets and putting together a something won't cost your house. I still plan on going back next New Years, hopefully you can spread your freefly enthusiasm to the other guys.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I'm just bustin Assess and pokin some fun. But it would be nice to have some folks back.

Jive Jam will be back this year and I feel it will be a kick ass project this year.

There will no Frills, No Organizer Slots, No Discounted Jump Tickets, No Commitments.........Just Challenges, Enveope Pushing, Fun, and hopefully a State Record at the end of 2008.

I'll post a schedule as soon as I work out the details.

Your barking up the wrong tree dude.

I havn't worked/jumped for ECFF in 3 years. I did a few coach jumps with some friends or came out and did some high Alt. hop and pops, and test jumps on Military Free fall systems. I dont even live in ZHills anymore.

I can say in the 10 years i did work full time as a Free Flier, it can be hard trying to please everyone on THEIR vaction, when it is your primary time of year to make some cash for your own christmas/pay the bills, rest if your going 24/7, ect. trying to do the tunnel, coach and have a life of your own.

Sometimes as a full time Flier you dont jump in weather conditions that my impeed you from jumping for months if you break your leg or worse, trying to please someone during a boogie.

Maybe you should try them on a non boogie day/week. I bet you will find things different from your last exsperience.;)

I am a big advocate for Freedom of Speech, but any other post such as this should really be sent as a PM,... like i said at the bottom of the 1st post i made here.

I am a big advocate for Freedom of Speech, but any other post such as this should really be sent as a PM,... like i said at the bottom of the 1st post i made here.

Actually, I think it's good that it was posted here and you answered by explaining your view instead of just being offended by his comments. Many fun-jumpers probably don't even think about what it's like to have to pay the bills by being a coach, we just think you're lucky that you get to jump as much as you want. Your answer might make people understand a coach's position at boogies a little better in the future.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

and in answer to that I got shitloads of organizing while I was in zhills

there was six ways on a few of the days there, john was coaching michelle and dave c were organizing most of the boogie...

Ask and ye shall receive my friend ask and ye shall receive

simon on a side note, can I hit you up for your footage of the tracking dive?

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Thanks, but i would have exsplained things the same way to him in a PM.
I just wanted to keep this thread dedicated to sharing fresh ideas about things to do in the air that hasn't been done, not what wasn't done on the ground, or about bad mouthing a specific DZ or group.

Lets keep it clean. Safty First, and all that dribble.;)

CB