MalcolmR

What's best freefly rig?

Sometimes such a short delivery time can contradict quality...

My freefly coach just bought a brand new mirage last month. On its 7th jump the elastic band along the lateral that holds the hip rings tight against you snapped on the loading deck. I'm not talking in a general sense, but no rig is perfect.

I bought my Icon in January and have had zero problems with it. It stays snug, no leg strap problems, the side walls stand straight up when I'm packing it, never have had a flap open, etc etc. All rigs have pros and cons, but the cons you listed on the Icon might have been older problems, as they seem to be corrected on mine.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Sometimes such a short delivery time can contradict quality...

Do you even know what you're saying? I know in forums sometimes people get a little theoretical, but you sound retarded my friend. that is not true at all; Mirage builds a fine rig.

Best rig out there questions are like asking if you like vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Unfortunately, the ICON is not thought of by a lot of people to be one of those great flavor of ice creams. Repeatedly you will hear Mirage, Javelin, and Vector...and there's a reason for that.

So don't talk about how the mirage spandex broke, and then say ICON is a fine rig because it isn't. The most uncomfortable low quality piece of shit I've worn.

You can choose one of the stock rigs from UPT vector and have it delivered with a custom harness in 3 weeks.

http://www.uptvector.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=68

I saw that after I bought my rig! Haha. But I don't think I would have ordered it anyways because I wanted the custom colors and nothing was close from the stock. Next time maybe.

Ok let's step thru this since you can't catch on very quickly:

Do you even know what you're saying?

Ya actually I do. Cuz I said it.

I know in forums sometimes people get a little theoretical

What? Maybe you dont have a clue what you're talking about. I wasn't theorizing anything.

but you sound retarded my friend.

Right. Since you know me and all. Judging from your many recent posts, I'd say you aren't very intelligent either. How that affects this discussion I'm not sure. Your personal attacks are because you immaturely get defensive about the rig you have. Big fucking deal its a rig. Get over it.

that is not true at all; Mirage builds a fine rig.

You are correct this time. They are fantastic rigs and I like them alot...just like any rig on the market today. They are pretty similar anymore, excluding a couple.

Best rig out there questions are like asking if you like vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Unfortunately, the ICON is not thought of by a lot of people to be one of those great flavor of ice creams.

I get your attempted logic, but there aren't only 2 rigs on the market. So change the subject of the thread or deal with some people liking rigs that you don't.

Repeatedly you will hear Mirage, Javelin, and Vector...and there's a reason for that.

Again, they are all great rigs. So are they the only good ones, especially for freeflying like this thread title is about? Better question, do you know a damn thing about gear in general? No? You've hinted at that. So are Infinitys or Voodoos bad rigs too since they aren't on your little top list?

So don't talk about how the mirage spandex broke, and then say ICON is a fine rig because it isn't.

Why can I not talk about problems I've seen with rigs? Is that not the discussion here? Mirage is a fantastic rig, I agree, but the Icon is a fine rig as well. And sweetheart, I realize you have limited knowledge of gear, but spandex and the strap I'm talking about are entirely different things. Go do some research and find me one bad or unsafe thing about the new icon rigs. Just like every rig on the market today, you won't find anything.

The most uncomfortable low quality piece of shit I've worn.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but thanks for making my delivery time shorter. As stated above, you probably could have worn an older one, as they were pretty uncomfortable yes. Truth is they have changed and mine is as comfortable as any on the market.

I never once claimed one rig was better than the other. Unlike you I have the ability to control myself when someone brings up a problem with what I jump.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52

Ok let's step thru this since you can't catch on very quickly:

Do you even know what you're saying?

Ya actually I do. Cuz I said it.

I know in forums sometimes people get a little theoretical

What? Maybe you dont have a clue what you're talking about. I wasn't theorizing anything.

but you sound retarded my friend.

Right. Since you know me and all. Judging from your many recent posts, I'd say you aren't very intelligent either. How that affects this discussion I'm not sure. Your personal attacks are because you immaturely get defensive about the rig you have. Big fucking deal its a rig. Get over it.

that is not true at all; Mirage builds a fine rig.

You are correct this time. They are fantastic rigs and I like them alot...just like any rig on the market today. They are pretty similar anymore, excluding a couple.

Best rig out there questions are like asking if you like vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Unfortunately, the ICON is not thought of by a lot of people to be one of those great flavor of ice creams.

I get your attempted logic, but there aren't only 2 rigs on the market. So change the subject of the thread or deal with some people liking rigs that you don't.

Repeatedly you will hear Mirage, Javelin, and Vector...and there's a reason for that.

Again, they are all great rigs. So are they the only good ones, especially for freeflying like this thread title is about? Better question, do you know a damn thing about gear in general? No? You've hinted at that. So are Infinitys or Voodoos bad rigs too since they aren't on your little top list?

So don't talk about how the mirage spandex broke, and then say ICON is a fine rig because it isn't.

Why can I not talk about problems I've seen with rigs? Is that not the discussion here? Mirage is a fantastic rig, I agree, but the Icon is a fine rig as well. And sweetheart, I realize you have limited knowledge of gear, but spandex and the strap I'm talking about are entirely different things. Go do some research and find me one bad or unsafe thing about the new icon rigs. Just like every rig on the market today, you won't find anything.

The most uncomfortable low quality piece of shit I've worn.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but thanks for making my delivery time shorter. As stated above, you probably could have worn an older one, as they were pretty uncomfortable yes. Truth is they have changed and mine is as comfortable as any on the market.

I never once claimed one rig was better than the other. Unlike you I have the ability to control myself when someone brings up a problem with what I jump.

HAhahahaahah...meltdown ;-)

Day-late and a buck-short on the G4 lift problem...check previous page their "buddy" "boss" "sport" "guy" Hahahahaha

i cant believe i just wasted 10 minutes reading these last few posts... well not really, i realized after the first few lines that it would be a waste of time, so i stopped.

but just a suggestion: why dont the two of you take your supremely logical and highly theoretical and in no way retarded discussion to the PM?

I would just like to comment about the "pain to pack" statement. I have a Mirage G4 with a PUD... had it for about 3 years. It seems easier than a BOC to me.. Fake the bridal put it on top, place the pilot shut(any where) on top, close it, stick the handle in the pockets. No rolling and stuffing a pilot chute into that pain in the ass BOC pocket! I like it, probably won't ever go back to BOC.

I don't know much about wing suits, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm thinking that a "freefly rig" dosn't need to be the same as a a"wingsuit rig". Good point, I hadn't thought of that, I'm primarily a freeflyer and AFF Instructor. Thanks:)

paratec and basik all the way; one cant help but feel sorry for you yanks that have to jump all those possible death-traps.. :S

:D:D:D

I hate to agree with VB :P

But the Advance Seven from Basik is certainly one of the best FF rigs out there B|B|

Oh we can get them but I would rather have my Vector! :P
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

paratec and basik all the way; one cant help but feel sorry for you yanks that have to jump all those possible death-traps.. :S

But the Advance Seven from Basik is certainly one of the best FF rigs out there B|B|

guess what i got! ;)

oh, and james, STFU! :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

guess what i got! ;)

I would have never been able to guess that with the gigantic sticker on your helmet :D
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Lol - I couldn't resist pulling your leg :P:P

It was too good an opportunity to miss :)
Hope life is good for you mate - have a great xmas !!

not bad, hoping the same for you too! B|

have a verry merry christmas! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

guess what i got! ;)

I would have never been able to guess that with the gigantic sticker on your helmet :D

only got it on special request, AND some more goodies! UPT fucking ROCKS!!! B|B|B|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

guess what i got! ;)

only got it on special request, AND some more goodies! UPT fucking ROCKS!!! B|B|B|

I 2nd that! I think I'm going to order another rig so I can have 2 set up the same. Maybe I should ask for goodies?