tdog

Freefly Jumpsuit Options

Yes, I searched.;)

A lot of the threads are 1-3 years old on this subject - and I know a lot of the manufactures change in this sport... Both manufacturing quality, owenrship and turnaround time... Heck, just the trend for jumpsuits to lose the bagginess is somewhat new of a trend. Who has that dialed in?

So, anyone have good or bad experiences in the last few months with jumpsuit ordering? Quality, customer service, turn around time, good modern fit, etc???

I think that is my first choice right now... I have an e-mail into them, lets see how long it takes for them to reply... :P

Edit to add: Ouragan Suits just e-mailed me back a very detailed e-mail within 12 hours... Something that the "others" did not do when I was shopping for my RW suit. Now that is customer service.!:)

I have seen some Ouragon suits and they are expensive as hell but they seem to be incredibly well made. I just got a firefly pants/jacket/shorts combo and i love it. I ordered my pants slim cut to lose the baggieness of my older pair and they came out perfect. I have never tried to e-mail them i always just call, and when i do i get the owner on the phone. Turn around with them was about 6 weeks.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

i've got a 2 piece suit from ouragan and its amazing she took my idea and made it better, i am ordering a second suit tomorrow, but its not for me, but all that is involved is worth it. Its durable as hell, its sewn like a tank, and like others say its what you dream of;)

Ahh, what a wonderful world.

like others say its what you dream of;)

...and then some! ;):)
Nancy is such a doll to work with, her product is amazing and her work ethic is second to none. That woman busts her butt, I drive by late at night and the shop lights are still on. I know she's in there buzzing away on another amazing creation.

Simply beautiful, well built jumpsuits.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I've been jumping my new Bomber Flitesuit.B|

It took ~6 weeks from ordering to wearing it. The stitching, matching etc are all very high quality.

I ordered a regular cut...also offered is a slim cut.

My suit was around 300 bucks with a custom pattern and piping, knee and butt cordura, and a pocket.
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

i've got a 2 piece suit from ouragan and its amazing she took my idea and made it better, i am ordering a second suit tomorrow, but its not for me, but all that is involved is worth it. Its durable as hell, its sewn like a tank, and like others say its what you dream of;)

Dude, pictures???

I ordered a Matter suit over the internet.
I was measured by a professional seamstress 3 times to ensure accuracy who followed the directions on the site to the letter.I also specified twice in big bold capital letters some specific requests regarding logos and design.
It arrived on time.
It was a toally shockingly bad fit, too long everywhere and way way too baggy.
They totally ignored my requests in bold capitals.
When I contacted them to request they put it right they told me to sod off.

I can see why a certain freefly team based at the same spanish DZ as the Matter HQ has moved to sonic.
"Matter airwear - You are the customer, you dont Matter"

You might as well shove your money up your arse!

1.618 !

Well, I'm not sure why you had such a bad experience with them - I'm sure there's another side to this story (Generally is).

I can only say that our experiences were extremely positive and in fact Cedric went out of his way to do some things he absolutely didn't need to at all.

We still stand behind our recommendation.

Blues.
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Hi

All i have to say, is that Matter is one of the best freefly suit manufacturers on the market, i have had nothnig but good response from them, ignore people slagging them off, obvisiously have to say things like that for a particular reason, check out www.matterclothing.com. great price, great suits, hard wearing material..

I have one answer for you man! It's called Liquid Sky jumpsuits. Here is my jumpsuit....obviously the one in the picture is not me. You can find the here: http://www.liquidskysports.com. My design is a custom design...so you will not find it as regular model/style/etc. it was only made just for me. You can do that for yourself also. Quality is awesome, fits perfect, excellent quality...I mean the best so far...and not to mention good service too!

My .02 cents!

Ivan "Rock On"

I just recieved my tony space suit a few weeks ago and I couldn't ask for anything more! It fits great with out a lot of drag and I did the measurement myself. They go by your hight and weight to know about how much drag you'll need. The best part about it is I DIDN'T have to break the bank for it. But thats just me.
"Don't mistake common stupidity for common sense"
-Bill Dause

Yes, I searched.;)

A lot of the threads are 1-3 years old on this subject - and I know a lot of the manufactures change in this sport... Both manufacturing quality, owenrship and turnaround time... Heck, just the trend for jumpsuits to lose the bagginess is somewhat new of a trend. Who has that dialed in?

So, anyone have good or bad experiences in the last few months with jumpsuit ordering? Quality, customer service, turn around time, good modern fit, etc???

Never heard of a perfect FF suit company, actually heard nasty stories about all of them, from manic depressive business owners to appalling quality and suits that blow up after one hundred jumps.. for the fit, unless you are on site and in their face, no company is perfect, (even that can turn into a nightmare in some cases) and people that swear 100% are usually sponsored in one way or the other. Quality-wise, I can vouch for the the European companies, and amongst them Sonic would be my favourite... I own a suit and some FF pants from them and am a very happy with the bullet proof and sharp design of their stuff... fit wise, they are tighter, eurostyle, and if it's wrong... they are in Empuriabrava.

Cherios

edited to run spell check

i was thinking about this thread as i was jumping yesterday(HAHAHAHAHHAH) I put three more jumps on my ouragan suit so i just broke 200 jumps with the pants and around 150 with the jacket, when the day ended i took off my pants and gave them a look to see how they have held up, the only difference really that they have on them construction wise since i bought them is they have a few minor cuts in them (my fault) the white is now a baby blue(my fault, I need to learn how to wash freefly pants seperate when one pair is navy and yellow, and the other are royal, red and white:S) and the stitching inside is a little bit worn from them being washed inside out all the time. I sat back and thought about all the memories that i have in these clothes, like, my first toe dock, holding a stable headdown for the first time, and falling ooh so fast from the sky. my pants still have plenty of life in them and my jacket is pretty much brand new with the spandex cuffs on the sleves frayed a little from my alti velcro, next time I will need another suit, I will get another ouragan. Simply because they are the most tuff and beautiful suits out there, I love it!;)

Ahh, what a wonderful world.

I have not jumped every brand and every model of FF suit but have had close friends that have had insane stories (really nasty stuff) with pretty much every company out there. To really evaluate the toughness of a freefly suit, I believe one should look at it after a thousand jumps....

I once again like the heavier materials used by European companies like BOOGIE MAN, MATTER and SONIC.. Much tighter fit and yet the most powerful (drag and precision) I have jumped.... Before buying a new ff suit, I would take a look at what suit companies are being jumped by contenders and medalists during the World Meets / World Cups and the US National competitions... it's funny how some suits are all over the podiums and some... well...
Seems to me that Belgian-French-Spanish company SONIC, French BOOGIE MAN and US based FLIGHT SUIT take most medals.
At that level of FF competition the choice of suit is a very serious element to getting a medal that requires quality and design not only heavy sponsoring.

Having said that I am about to return my new suit to Sonic, it seems I need more room in the groin area (yeah, yeah:$), this might be smooth, or might be a hard one (the alteration experience!)... I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Ciao—B|

NB.: You get what you pay for... usually cheep is cheep shit.

(edited to add: As LivingLegend pointed out Matter does have a crap reputation for customer service, I guess that might be why Sonic is doing so well in Europe) :|

Just because a certain suit might win a medal doesn't mean they are better that the next. Its kinda like tiger woods might play with a nike club but they have tested it and perfected it to his specific needs, which is most likely what they are doing with suits that have won a medal and I'm sure that they were measured right and made the adjustments that were needed. Who knows they might have gotten a free suit or even be paid to wear that particular brand of suit. In my opinion its really just hit and miss with a suit if you have to measure yourself and send away for it. But if you happen to live near a suit co. your best bet would be to go to them. That way you can easily get any alterations if needed and show them what you want.
"Don't mistake common stupidity for common sense"
-Bill Dause

Bill, I agree with most of what you said,
did you take a close look at Babylon's suits? They have developed with the suit company a totally new generation of FFsuits, and all the other companies in Europe are copying the general design now. These teams won lots of very shinny medals in most of the world competitions this last year, if not all of them so, obviously they get their gear for free, and yes the suits are developed for them and custom fitted beyond the average client.

But when you compare apples to apples, in the normal suit for normal flyers arena, I truly think you see the difference, and when you fly it, you feel the difference. (I do, and I have less than 900 ff jumps) I have not yet seen any US companies using the same materials, in the thickness... and general cut to create very low drag in the upper body and upper limbs, drag mostly focused in the wrists and the ankles... what can I say? for me this is not about the pretty looking colors, or the fancy designs that makes one look so cool walking around the DZ... PROVEN, PRECISE and POWERFUL, then DURABLE is what I personally look for in a suit, COSMETICS are good for my ego...
My wish is to be a better flyer, and those suits are helping me do that.

I want to add that it seems most of us feel strongly about what we fly, same goes for rigs and canopies...
Maybe a thread with none of the BS "this suit is sooooo good when the person has owned only one or two, or is blatantly advertising the xxx brand via poorly executed subliminal ads" but more tell us why one should NOT get one of this or that brand... share your horror stories, see how that goes, they are all around, the 300 jump blown suits, the shredded tunnel suits, all of those... you have seen them. The suits that took 3 or 4 sending back to get right and even then... the stories of owners giving up and telling you to get lost... or took 12 months to get done...

I might have one, as I send my stuff to Sonic for my 'room' issue, I might not... in any case i will tell you about it in a couple weeks.

—Benjamin

I am pretty sure I could give Dan Brown or Guano or Anomaly or the Sugar Gliderz or name-any-kickass-freefly-person-here a trash bag to wear and they could still kick ass.

Does a well fitting suit help? Yes. But will you be a badass while wearing one? Not unless you already are.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I am pretty sure I could give Dan(Dave) Brown or Guano or Anomaly or the Sugar Gliderz or name-any-kickass-freefly-person-here a trash bag to wear and they could still kick ass.

Does a well fitting suit help? Yes. But will you be a badass while wearing one? Not unless you already are.

I'm not sure I get your point.
No one is saying you will become a "badass" when you wear this or that suit. I am not talking about talent or how "badass" a single freeflyer might be, but about suits, tools in general for ff team members that fly relative to each other in world level competition. If you have the opportunity, go take a close look at Babylon's suits, 4 or 5 different exposed fabrics, all have a reason and a specific location, this goes way way beyond "a well fitting suit help". The world cup was here last week, I looked at all these teams and their suits and talked about it with them. I also saw other competing teams looking and discussing that stuff up with the ones that had the "better" suits. These suits are not 'all cute pretty swirly color shinny', they were not discussing the colors.

Back to your trash bag point... put a few hundred jumps on your jumpsuit, then make a freefly jump with jeans and a T-shirt, you might get my point.
I do NOT recommend the trash bag idea, sounds a little sketchy. Michael Schumacher does not drive a Saturn, Valentino does not ride a Solex and Michael Johnson did not compete bare foot... although without shoes he probably could beat both of our times...

O&O —Benji