silvere

recommend a freefly dvd

Ive heard a few good things about trace 101 but its so old anything new out lately?

Its probably one of the latest main productions out there! Crosswind is older, so is clouds edge, space games productions, chronicles etc...

Trace 101 is about 2 years old. That's not that bad!
Anyways, age has nothing to do with quality flying. Antigravity is really old but still good.

One of my favourites is the Chronicles 2. My VHS copy is nearly shredded from use!

I hope there will be something out soon showing footage of the X-Fests from the last few years in Perris Valley.
I remember something being said about some release date this year.......

Trace 101 is about 2 years old. That's not that bad!
Anyways, age has nothing to do with quality flying.

Deffinitly, couldnt agree with you more. The only thing is that there are slight changes in flying technique that happens as the sport progress and becomes more 'scientific'. I have a video/book 'the art of VRW' which is quite cool but there are a few things particularly in the book where the tips and techniques have changed since that dvd was released. (sorry I dont have it with me now so I cant think of an example).

But maybe trace 101 is still going to be the best option. thanks!!

edited to add: Where would you recommend ordering the dvd from? Im in South africa so I would have to order it online somewhere reliable.

If you want a good freefly video with some instruction
get TRANCE 101
or I can send you a video I made
It's a collection of jumps my team mates and I collected in 2003 and 2004
free of charge

you can check some vids i put together on
www.skydivingmovies.com
then search " team zero"
later[url]

I can't for the life of me remember the name but someone put the DVD from the Lapalisse 2004 Boggie on in the bar on Saturady, it was REALLY cool. Eli fromthe Flyboyz was LO'ing and there is some very cool Atmonauti footage as well.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I can't for the life of me remember the name but someone put the DVD from the Lapalisse 2004 Boggie on in the bar on Saturady, it was REALLY cool. Eli fromthe Flyboyz was LO'ing and there is some very cool Atmonauti footage as well.

Yeah, that was some great footage peej. I remember saying to myself that I must make a note of the name before leaving the club that night, but I forgot. If anyone knows what the name of it is or where to buy it online, that'd be great.

DVD from the Lapalisse 2004 Boggie

From 2004.... 4 chapters with great music sound track:

That would be Tim Porters production of the Spring Boogie.

Eli was organising, as were Nimmo and Fred from Babylon, and a few other Frenchies.

Was a bad arse event.

There is an Espace DVD, but the Spring boogie DVD is the best out of the two IMHO.

If anyone knows what the name of it is or where to buy it online, that'd be great.

Email Tim Porter. Think it is something like www.gofreeschool.com[/url] or something like that.

Oh, and it is not the TIme Flyz DVD. Ask him for the Spring Boogie 2004 production.

***Was a bad arse event.

I've heard only good things about it. i arrived in the US and did some coaching with Eli right after he got back and he was raving about it! A good girlfriend of mine named Judit also only had good things to say about it although she wasn't there in 2004.

The DVD opening sequence has a RW dive being filmed from above and you watch as a group of Atmonauti dudes come zooming right underneath them. Sick shit! Scary as all hell but sick footage all the same :D:S

The DVD opening sequence has a RW dive being filmed from above and you watch as a group of Atmonauti dudes come zooming right underneath them.

Not atmonauti mate, morning coffee jump for the load organsiers!!

Tim put it on there to show the difference in speed for freeflyers and stationary skydivers.

It was a fly by, the group following the leader. Tim Porter was going the same speed then stayed to film the other group. A little naughty, but won't get into that debate........;)

The DVD has Tim filming one flat group, carving on his back, then going back up the hill to film another group.

There was alot of tracking done that week for sure!

Tim films one flat group, carving around on his back. In doing this he builds up his momentum and then leaves his carve and flies between the groups towards the group which exited afterwards.
He has enough float and speed to make it to the next group and film them.

Guess it shows that speed is your friend, and maintaining your momentum is important!!! (It also helps that he is a great tracker and loves that kind of flying aswell:)
Tim is the daddy outside photographer. His shots and footage is unique.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. Which video is this in?

I saw some of his outside video of some of Chris Lynch and Rob Silvers team jumps when he was at the dz last month and it's pure aerial poetry in a nutshell.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

no no, this is aerial poetry in a nutshell... sorry, i couldn't resist...

i think he was talking about the spring 2004 lapalisse boogie dvd that we've been discussing most way through this thread ;)

***A good girlfriend of mine named Judit also only had good things to say about it although she wasn't there in 2004.

I actually was there and it certainly was a bad ass event. I was only there for the last 2 days so i also got to see the whole week's video. I haven't got it but if you can watch it there is some shit hot stuff on there for sure. Totally recommended :)
Thank God there's no footage of the parties...:$ Great parties!!!B|

Take risks not to escape life but to prevent life from escaping

***A good girlfriend of mine named Judit also only had good things to say about it although she wasn't there in 2004.

I actually was there and it certainly was a bad ass event. I was only there for the last 2 days so i also got to see the whole week's video. I haven't got it but if you can watch it there is some shit hot stuff on there for sure. Totally recommended :)
Thank God there's no footage of the parties...:$ Great parties!!!B|

I stand corrected ;)

can anyone recommend a freefly dvd...just anything cool or instructional.

Here is one that is new and a really great foundation builder for both the sky and tunnel. It's the first in a series of 6 that are supposed to be developed for each form of body flight.

BACK FLY: LEARNING TO FREEFLY DVD
You can pick it up at paragear.
http://www.paragear.com/templates/parachutes.asp?group=461&level=1

I watched it and thought it was really well done. It is very clear and gives both 3 dimensional graphics along with showing people demonstrating the moves. I would highly recommend it for people who would like to learn or get better at freefly in the tunnel. Back flying is the first skill you have to master before they will really let you play. Back flying also seems to be one of those things people who learn to freefly in the sky, skip over. Most people go strait to sit so this DVD is a good back filler. :D I'm looking forward to the other ones being released.

Enjoy!
La

CANOPY COURSE Video Training with Brian Germain at AdventureWisdom.com