sunnydee123

First Headdown Dock...

Welp had another FABULOUS weekend of skydiving....did lots of one on one with a great girl who is a HUGE help to me as I continue to learn headdown but in that mix, Dave Brown asked if HE could join US for a skydive B|...duh.....so we do this cool little dive, just the three of us.

Did the dirt dive and was laughing at how much he was planning for ME, knowing we just did coaching not too long ago. So anyway, do this Hi/Low grip exit....on his nod we released to a circle (wrist grips) then we released completely and although it wasn't completely smooth, I was able to stay right there with them. THEN THEN THEN Dave Brown came in and dock on my right hand and we waited for Kate to come in and get the other hand but when I saw her coming at me (kinda fast) I think I kinda panicked [:/] and corked. Popped to a sweet sit and fiinished off the dive with Dave Brown spocking me.

I WAS SO FRIGIN excited you have no clue. Not only did the entire weekend I feel really good about slowing down all my movements and making small adjustments to correct the HD but when I was able to go through an entire skydive, with not one BUT TWO people with me and it be almost 100% on my head without them chasing me all over....it was great confirmation that my hard work and all my efforts are paying off.

I talked with Dave after the jump and of course being the great guy he is, gave me some more suggestions...but then also later that night, when just hanging out with the gang, he came up to me again and said he was IMPRESSED :). He also added that for a good 5 seconds or so it was smooth when we had the dock (which I felt as well until I saw Kate comign at me like a bullet and panicked).

Once again, hard work pays off and having good people help you along the way is priceless! Whether he is coaching or just organizing for fun, Dave Brown is an all around great guy, always willing to give you credit and build your confidence :)
Another BIG thanks to Kate as well, for helping me along the way...she shrugs off my thanks but it is extremely beneficial to have someone else in the air with me right now. Can't wait to get some more video now that I am not "darting" so much.

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Thats so COOL!!!! B|

Ya know sunnydee, I have to give you credit. You have to be one of the most hardworking and dedicated skydivers I've ever seen. You're really intent on progressing, and know that it's worth forking out the extra cash for coaching. Just wanna give you a pat on the back and say "GOOD JOB". Keep it up!!! B|

Btw, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!! ;)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Thanks Jason - what a sweet thing to say but ya know what - good things don't just happen if you sit around and wait for them...Gotta go get what you want ;) and I want more then anything to be a really good free flyer. Would be cool to have other people recognize me for it as well but I am doing this for me because it makes me feel "complete"....as cliche as that might sound.

It's work but at the same time I am finding a joy unlike any I've experienced before. I've been through a lot of "shit" in my life and this...well, this is all about me and what I can do to make ME happy! Lots of other good things happening along the way as well. I learn something on every jump...be it something about flying, something about me as a person or something about life in general. Funny how so many things relate...one big cirlce - this thing called life....

OK....off on a tangent. Thanks for all the support and "love" gang. Can't wait to meet and FLY with ya sometime soon!

Well I surely do hope so....hope it really wasn't all Dave Brown flying and me just being close enough to "snag".

I need to give myself more credit from time to time ~ He couldn't just hold me head down with 1 hand... I had to be doing SOMETHING right, right? :P

See you soon my friend. I can't wait!!!!

How do you find time to skydive with all the typing you do?

She's a woman, that means she can multi-task. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't worry D, I'll deal with that smarty-pants the next time I see him at the dz. Bob, you can run but you can't hide. :P;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

~ He couldn't just hold me head down with 1 hand... I had to be doing SOMETHING right, right? :P

Actually, Dave Brown probably could! ;)

Seriously- Of course you are doing something right! You are doing awesome and I can't wait to see you on your head in front of me in January! :)