grega

How much for a coach

Hy, in next year i'd like to do some FF coach jumps.
And i'd like to know how much coaches cost? how much for a jump, how much for a whole day?
And please don't forget to mention from where that coach is.

Do you recommend someone particular, and why?
is there a huge difference between FF coaches?

huh i have few more questions about coaches, but i asked enough for now.

btw: i'm from Slovenia/europe and would travel almost anywhere in europe for coach jumps (aiming at sweedish freefly festival 2004), but US is out of options for my budget at the moment. [:/]
"George just lucky i guess!"

In Germany choach jumps cost 2 tickets (yours and the choach's = 50 EUR) + a fee which varies a lot. Around Berlin it's around 13 EUR. The fee has nothing to do with how good the Instructor is, some are not that great but take more money e.g.
If you plan on Germany PM me for more info.

Hey, Grega, let's pool our money and get frick atmonauti to couch us.....but I wan't Gi to coach me...;) you can have Marco (or what's his name)..

anyways, we do it like this...find out where one of those 9 day boogies are...save a lot of money... get Gi and Marco or whoever...pay them what they want...get to the boogie and jump..a lot...

If we get together (your team + our team) it's shouldn't cost that much...ten jumps per day... (I'm still trying to figure out how many team jumps + instr. and how many solo + instr... in my case that would be Gi..):ph34r:

Or...we could go to Florida, book The Tunnel, and fly our asses off...the airplane is not that expensive anymore...we could get tickets for as low as 350 € if we're lucky...than perhaps go make a jump or two at the DZ of choice..

Anyways...just my two cents...

best regards,
Uros

In my experience (take note I'm from the USA) they've had me pay for both our slots on the plane, then a small extra fee to the individual, like 10 USD. Coaching IMHO is the best way to progress in our sport, there's nothing better!!! B| GOOD LUCK!!!

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

i've only had a few coaching jumps so far (about 10) but all of mine have been for free! It's guys at the DZ that are good at freeflying that arn't busy with their team or whoever theyre training with at the time and dont mind taking time to teach beginners. It's guys (and girls!) like that that keep the sport alive imo and have helped me greatly so far in my progression. So thanks to anyone out there that coaches newbie freeflyers for the joy of giving back to the sport. We appreciate it! B|:)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Hi George.

I would go to Eloy, Arizona and train with T.J. Landgren. He is my freefly coach and he is great.
He knows how to break down the problems you have and focus on them and correct them. Also it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a bad time jumping with him.
He will have you laughing your ass off and make you relax. Also a great canopy coach.
Just my opinion.
You can call Skydive AZ and ask to talk to him and get prices.

Lucky for me, by boyfriend is my main freefly coach, and he coaches me for free. Well, maybe not "free" ;) He'll usually charge just for his slot if other people want coaching.

Monkey Claw had a jam at Orange (Virginia) over the summer, and coaching was covered under the registration fee ($20 if I remember correctly). I don't know what their regular fee is though. My boyfriend did some coaching with Mike Ortiz, and I believe it was $70 - $75 per one-on-one jump. Jon Randolph had done some free coaching up at Skydive Virginia (just because he's such a nice guy). :)

Forgot to mention... DO NOT JUMP with anyone who is not really a COACH and does not have the skill set to teach someone.. You could get your ass killed or paralyzed.
One of my friends told me a story of how someone who was coaching someone and flying above the student in a head down.... the student went to belly and the instructor crashed into him....

If the person is not of the caliber to fly underneath you or get out the way no matter what you do.... do not jump with them...
SAFETY FIRST!

Coaching varies depending where you go and who you are (boobs help). The most expensive I can think of is Omar (two tickets + $50). Two tickets plus anywhere from $10 to $30 is pretty standard. The best coaching I've ever had was from Max Cohn. Incredible flyer and a super intelligent guy which really makes a difference in his delivery. Myself, the next time I feel inclined to shell out a fistfull of bucks on coaching, it will be in a tunnel.

Canuck

I've found that the best coached jumps (both personality and quality wise) are either free or buy their tickets and NO extra money.

It's been my observation that the guys (and schools) who try to get 2 tickets + $30-$50 per jump seem to show up at a DZ (to stay forever) but end up leaving after 1 season because they are broke and hope that they can go to another DZ and be more successful. Don't get me wrong they might be great FF'ers but 1/2 the time that is because their fricken head is so big they can't help but go head down.;)
Kerry

almost every place charges for both slots and then there is the coaching fee... it is pretty standard...
our dz only charges $5 for the other slot...
As far as them having egos..... if you want training from the best... you have to pay for it.... do you do work for free? this is how they pay the rent...

JRock - are you directing your post to me?

Because I agree with you...mostly.

I work for Monkeyclaw Freefly and our school has prices similar to those you are describing. They are pretty standard nationally.

My point in the previous post was to go to a reputable school with trained coaches - not just a guy charging for freefly coaching.

The part I don't agree with is the ego part. No excuse to have an "ego". Sometimes personalities are misinterpreted by those who 'expect' you have an ego but being an ass is never acceptable - even by those at the top of their game.

And I can assure you that none of the coaches with Monkeyclaw Freefly have "egos". Ever.

Action expresses priority. - Mahatma Ghandi

Just because you are good at something, doesn't necessarily mean you're good at teaching it.

Here lies the problem. Everyone who has great FF skills should not make the assumption that they can teach others what they know for profit. Sure there are some who can but that percentage is small in comparison the ones who think they can.

Let's face it, there are plenty of world class freeflyers out there that fail to impress me with their "coaching" skills.

These are just my opinions and in no way am I singling out anyone. I've had maybe 7 different FF coaches and 1-2 where impressive. But someone who I feel was not a good coach might be great for you. Personalities play an important role in learning.
Kerry

oh no... sorry for the misunderstanding..... to freefly bella and you....
I meant.. some people think that money is extreme... hence thinking they are kinda arrogant...
I was just explaining that the bucks you pay for is well worth it for the training. I agree on the jsut because you can freefly thing... doesn't make you a good coach... I have been lucky enough to have met and become friends with some really good flyers and they are sharing their wisdom with me.
Pretty much all of the top freeflyers in the world I have met are all cool as hell.... that is why my coach is one of them! I agree.. I don't care how good of a flyer you are.... check the ego at the door.

I've had coaching from some badass flyers and out of all of them havent experienced any kind of ego shit after meeting them - ah, there's the key. Sometimes people LOOK like they may have an ego or something, and someone will just say, "that guy is a dick" without even meeting them. Then, buddy tells his friends, and they tell their friends, blah blah blah - I've been guilty of it myself. But after meeting and jumping with the few people that I initially thought were asses, I realized that I was the ass for making the assumption before even meeting them myself. I'm not saying that asses dont exists, but of the 5 or so world class flyers that I have jumped with, all were super cool, and taught me loads of stuff. So, as far as the slots paid and 30 bucks, it's totally worth it;)
Vid
"stons fal, evrysing fals, but doesnt on purpos change its flite pas an positioning..."

If you're looking for a good and moderately priced place in Europe, check out Spa in Belgium, the base of the First belgian freefly school. They charge a maximum 37 Euros for 1-on-1 including both slots and instructor fee. As tickets are usually 20+ Euros in Germany and most other places like France and Belgium, this is a cheap alternative and the coaches are really experienced.
Free camping available and good infrastructure, owned Grand Caravan.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

nice thanks for the info! I've been meaning to travel to belgium to visit a friend! This might give me a BETTER reason to go! Thanks chrisky!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

If you're looking for a good and moderately priced place in Europe, check out Spa in Belgium, the base of the First belgian freefly school. They charge a maximum 37 Euros for 1-on-1 including both slots and instructor fee. As tickets are usually 20+ Euros in Germany and most other places like France and Belgium, this is a cheap alternative and the coaches are really experienced.
Free camping available and good infrastructure, owned Grand Caravan.

That sounds almost too good to be true. Are you sure the price includes both slots?

Huh i don't think that the price 37EUR includes both slots, because that is cheaper than jumping alone (considering you're paying for two) that's 18.5 EUR/jump/person.
I think it's 37EUR for his jump and 20 (or whatever the price is) for yours? I'mean that would be reasonable.
But of you're right (let's hope so), then i'm definetly calling them :)
"George just lucky i guess!"